Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap suburb near matraville, sydney

Options
  • 14-05-2012 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Just been told my boyfriend will be working in matraville location. Wud anyone have an idea of suburbs that would be nearby but perhaps not as dear as Randwick etc. would be looking to spend about 5oo per week.
    Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

dietdiva wrote: »
    Just been told my boyfriend will be working in matraville location. Wud anyone have an idea of suburbs that would be nearby but perhaps not as dear as Randwick etc. would be looking to spend about 5oo per week.
    Thanks so much

I lived down in Little Bay for about a year in one of those new apartments. It's one of Sydney's great secrets with a nice little beach. It's a great place to keep a low profile and save a bit of money for a while if that's what your intention is. It's a place ya need to avoid though if you are looking for Sydney's night life, not a pub in sight. It's walking distance from Matraville.
    We were paying $490 per week for a 1 bedroom place, it was brand new though and overlooking the beach and coastline.

If you want Sydney's beach culture, Maroubra and Coogee are close by as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

great thanks for the tip. pub scene doesn't interest us much so that not a problem. i would be subbing in western sydney mostly, wud there be a train line from matraville over to west.

Part of me is thinking we shud live in the west as my boyfriend will be driving not me. i was told ashfield and croyden were nice areas, wud you know of any areas in the west also. Decisions, decisions!!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

I live in Bondi and a unfurnished 2 bed can be had for 500. Transport is ok from there as well.

Further out than Bondi and transport becomes a bit of a pain.

The good news is the tourists are leaving for the winter. The bad news is the cockroaches and bugs like to move indoors. (Or people are winding me up)

Advertisement