Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Pub in Dublin for Christening

Options
  • 14-05-2012 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

We will be having a Christening party in Dublin for our youngest child and were looking at hiring a function room/area in a pub. There will be a fair few babies and toddlers as well as some older kids and also friends and family of all ages. Ideally it would be somewhere with enough space/tolerance for the children to play inside and/or outside, with food (or byo food), and where the other clientele are reasonably decorous. It will be in autumn so chances are it'll be raining. Any other suggestions other than a pub would be good too although we weren't planning on stretching to providing a full meal so a restaurant might be out.

Thanks!

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,068 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Why don't you hire a local community centre or sports club?

You can do your own food or get a catering company...

Personally I'm always uneasy in pubs with kids. I think its unfair on the kids to try keep them from running around, and I think its unfair on others in the pub to let the kids run around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Why don't you hire a local community centre or sports club?

You can do your own food or get a catering company...

Personally I'm always uneasy in pubs with kids. I think its unfair on the kids to try keep them from running around, and I think its unfair on others in the pub to let the kids run around!

This would be ideal but I'm not sure that we'd have the numbers for hiring out a whole venue- that's why I thought we could hire a room or area in a pub. Ideally we'd just have it at one of the grandparents' houses but my parents house is too small and my inlaws house is too precious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Moved to Dublin City

Advertisement