Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Imaal Walk

Options
  • 14-05-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

We normally do this arduous walk when it is held in June (every 2 years) (starts and finishes in Donard co. Wicklow). It is due to run again this coming June but i'm hearing from other regular hill-walkers that it's not going ahead this year as sheduled.

I think An Oige used to run it...does anyone know if it's definitely off and if so why?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

I think the Ring of Imaal walk is evry other year so not due to be held (officially) until 2014.

You may find it takes place in some way without An Oige's assistance but do not know how you could check this.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Persiancowboy

I think the Ring of Imaal walk is evry other year so not due to be held (officially) until 2014.

You may find it takes place in some way without An Oige's assistance but do not know how you could check this.

It is held every two years and was last on in June 2010 and was scheduled for Saturday June 23rd next but apparently is not now going ahead. I was mainly curious as to whether this was due to problems with organising and marshalling it or whether some issues around access on parts of the route had arisen.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

My mistake...did not look at the dates properly :-)

Sorry cannot tell you why it is not being held but I know a man who may know. If I get an answer I will post back / send you a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hilary Elmes

Just looking for information about the ring of Imaal walk 2014. I would know part of the route,but would like to see where the checkpoints are ......is there anyone out there who knows ?

Advertisement