Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling unrealiable Eircom BB early without penalty?

Options
  • 14-05-2012 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

We cannot rely on our Eircom broadband connection and are paying a 2nd provider, O2, everytime Eircom goes down. Have been having problems since we moved to this address 6 months ago and it's costing an extra 20E per month for O2.

Have had engineers out on numerous occasions but still get intermittently slow or dropped connection. Am on O2 right now.

I want to cancel the account at this stage but don't wish to pay the remaining months fees.

Has anyone managed to cancel their Eircom BB acount before the 12 month contract, due to poor service, and not been charged and what did you have to do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi ukonline,

Can you PM me with the account details please. Hard to advise you correctly without seeing the whole picture from both sides. I'll check the history on the account and advise the best course of action.

Thanks

James

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ukonline

Thanks for the reply James. I've PM'd you.

:cool:

ukonline wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply James. I've PM'd you.

Got your Pm, thanks.

Am looking into this at the moment, will get back to you shortly.

James

I have checked the details for you and sent a reply to your PM. Will follow up on Wednesday.

James

Hi again,

I have been testing the line over the last 2 days and it seems that there is a significant improvement indicated at our end. There is no fault noted on the line and the DSL statistics have improved to the point where pushing the speed up further may be possible. Could you get back to me here and let me know if you've noticed an improvement and we can then look at bumping the speed up. The reason I need to ask you first is that the profile change will knock the internet off for around 5 minutes so I need to be sure you're not in the middle of anything before proceeding. Leave a note here if you'd like to try this or if you have anything else you need me to check for you.

Cheers

James

• Advertisement

Hi James.

Thanks for your help.

The connection has been up since the engineer called a couple of weeks ago and has not dropped at all.

The only issue we have is the speed regularly drops to below 1.0M and a modem reset is required every few hours or before every session. Watching even short video clips then becomes difficult. The modem reset brings the speed back up to over 2.0M for a couple of hours.

I'm not using the internet for anything vital at the moment, so please feel free to try to increase the speed.

Here's the current speed, for example.

1978014247.png

ukonline wrote: »
    Hi James.

Thanks for your help.

The connection has been up since the engineer called a couple of weeks ago and has not dropped at all.

The only issue we have is the speed regularly drops to below 1.0M and a modem reset is required every few hours or before every session. Watching even short video clips then becomes difficult. The modem reset brings the speed back up to over 2.0M for a couple of hours.

I'm not using the internet for anything vital at the moment, so please feel free to try to increase the speed.

Here's the current speed, for example.

1978014247.png

Hi again,

Have bumped the speed profile up to 5mb to try it out. I didn't want to immediately jump from 3 to 7mb so we'll try 5 first and see how it goes. Monitor the connection for a day or 2 and let me know if there's any improvement and we can then look at the next step up for you.

Thanks

James

Okay, will do. Thanks James.

Advertisement