Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 2 Episode 7 - *Have Not Read The Books* (Spoilers)

• 14-05-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

"A Man Without Honour"

May as well throw this up to have it ready.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

That Ending :eek:

Theon Greyjoy I hope you suffer a long and painfull death. I hope Direwolves castrate you and that King Rob peels the skin off your face. I hope that Briene cuts your arms, legs and tongue off and then I hope that they crucify you for what you have just done.

"Gods save you Theon Greyjoy, now you are truly lost"

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I'd say they didn't find them. I reckon the 2 burnt bodies are those of the farmers son's.

Niall09 wrote: »
    I'd say they didn't find them. I reckon the 2 burnt bodies are those of the farmers son's.
    Yeah I was hoping that, but I just think if it is Bran and Rickon it would stir things up so much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Doubt it was Bran who was burnt tbh. Yes, Theon has turned into a powerhungry, semi-maniacal prick, but I still think burning a child who was as good as a brother to him is a step too far.

I really like how the story with Daenarys in Qarth is developing, I had a feeling she would be betrayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'm thinking they escaped theoin thought there was no hope to catch them, so the farmer boys got it. In fairness why else burn them? only so they look unrecognizable.

But word will get back to rob stark of what apparently happened and he'll go ape. As the kids and there minders will be in hiding.

I'm so tempted to read the books as its a long wait for every Monday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea first thing I thought of too. Has to be the orphan kids.

Good episode though. All the stuff that happened in Quarth?! Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

That was a shock, reckon it wasn't the 2 lads as well.

Anyone else see Jon switching sides? He seemed tempted when she spoke of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Good episode though. All the stuff that happened in Quarth?! Madness.

ibyne7Or1jBmJY.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yeah, surely has to be the two farmers children
    Edit, not farmers children. I mean the two orphans sent to live and work on the farm.

Up to now I thought the Wildings were an unruly mob of thieves, ruffians and general lowest of the low
    After Ygritte's speech it was easier to identify with them and have some sympathy.
    It's a simple life and they don't want to be ruled by someone just because they have a powerful family

Will Jon Snow defect and go with them?
    I don't know, I think it's possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It wouldn't surprise me with this show if it was Bran and Rickon, but there is that part of me that thinks it wasn't them,that Theon is just doing it for show.I'm so tempted to read ahead just to see if it was them or not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Anyone else think Prince jeoffrry is fecked?

viztopia wrote: »
    Anyone else think King jeoffrry is fecked?
    FYP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I think Jon might not switch, but maybe he'll warm to the wildlings way of thinking (men and women born free) and maybe try and get them to side with the nights watch for the greater good of fighting the white walkers.

So I guess Dany is kind of untouchable in Qarth now because the warlock and new king of Qarth are giving off the impression that they need to her to go to this house of the undying to be with the dragons, cause she's the only one who can tame them. I think that plan will literally backfire on them when the dragons grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Really doubt it is Bran and Rickon, surely their direwolves would protect them. Things are definitely picking up in Qarth now, should be interesting going forward. Glad to see Jaime back on our screens, I doubt he is dead either. He is still far too valuable. It is hard to know what Jon will do, he seems too honourable to abandon the nightswatch but you could see he understand the Wildlings way of life.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty sure thats the 2 Orphan kids that Bran(sp?) gave the farmer a few episodes ago.

Great episode again, its really going to hit the fan in the last few!!

Really don't see Joffrey living through the next few episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The scenes with Jamie and his relative and Jamie with Cat were absolutely effing brilliant.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Roar wrote: »
    The scenes with Jamie and his relative and Jamie with Cat were absolutely effing brilliant.

Yeah that scene with the cousin reminded me of when he chatted with Jory in season 1 (only to later stab him in the eye). I kind of knew what was coming as soon as I saw the cousin was in the same pen though.

In fairness he could have just knocked the lad out cold :P

Yeah I agree don't think it was the two lads at all but the people of Winterfell do anyway! Theon is some ****, hoping he gets what he deserves & he gets sodomized by the remaining Dire Wolves! Good to see Jamie back he's such a wanker but good entertainment literally doesn't give a **** about anyone. Hard to see how John Snow is going to get out of that one....as people said don't think his character would be one to break his vows but you never know. What about those spooky ****ers in Qarth, look like a loud of skinny Meth addicts! Another thing what is "dog's" angle, don't see what's in it for him at all. Overall enjoyed the episode story prodding along nicely.

Yeah I agree don't think it was the two lads at all but the people of Winterfell do anyway! Theon is some ****, hoping he gets what he deserves & he gets sodomized by the remaining Dire Wolves! Good to see Jamie back he's such a wanker but good entertainment literally doesn't give a **** about anyone. Hard to see how John Snow is going to get out of that one....as people said don't think his character would be one to break his vows but you never know. What about those spooky ****ers in Qarth, look like a loud of skinny Meth addicts! Another thing what is "dog's" angle, don't see what's in it for him at all. Overall enjoyed the episode story prodding along nicely.

I reckon Snow will be taken to the king beyond the wall where he'll find his uncle who has decided to join the wildlings. He's definitely having his loyalties tested at the moment, he's having a hard enough time resisting that fox, if his uncle tries to get him to to defect too he just might! Although as you said he's not the type to break an oath. She is a fox though. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Mickeroo wrote: »
    She is a fox though. :pac:
    What's her real name?

Good episode. Bit of a slowburner though. Also don't think that it's the two boys but i also didn't think there was a hope Ned would be killled in the last series so not sure.Kinda confused with the goings on in Qarth... Are the black dude and the alien guy allied with Dany now or what? Also intrigued by the Dog. He was so affectionate with Sansa when he rescued her calling her "little bird" but then so cold in this episode.

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    What's her real name?

Actress is Rose Leslie, I think the character is called Ygritte(pronounced Egret i think, like the bird!) or something. She's in Downtown Abbey too apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Had to read the posts here, as i was shocked at the ending to try & find out who the 2 bodies were?

How many episodes are left, & did i read somewhere that there is going to be a whole episode just fighting (as parts of that ep was weak)

Also i didnt get the character's name+real name who defends Daenerys, as he sounds like the Blackberry voiceover also!

Had to read the posts here, as i was shocked at the ending to try & find out who the 2 bodies were?

How many episodes are left, & did i read somewhere that there is going to be a whole episode just fighting (as parts of that ep was weak)

Only the three left now :(

Re: The Hound being cold to Sansa, he said it a bit mean alright, but I kind of took it that he pretty much said he would protect her from Joffrey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jeez, the show's nearly over; 10 episodes doesn't feel remotely enough. Feels like we're whizzing through events.

The latest grisly imagery then: whether it's Brann/Rickon, or whether it's the two orphans, Theon really needs to get some comeuppance. I do indeed fear though that Theon is right, and that the attempt to recapture Winterfell will fail.

I suspect it was the orphans used in that last scene: don't forget, Theon found evidence the farmer was hiding Brann & co. and he made no doubt he would punish any sheltering of the escapees. The poor souls on the farm were doomed anyway, so having found no sign of Brann/Rickon (I'm sure Ms. Wildling would have had them press on), Theon likely burned the orphans beyond recognition and used their bodies in a ruse. Ergh, god.

Theon, you're such a pathetic tinpot dictator. At least a$$holes like Tywin Lannister show a complexity to them - and on that, I suspect he knows rightly that Arya's a noble.

Oh and quick question: when that mysterious masked woman in Qarth spoke of Ser Jorrah betraying Daenerys already, did she imply he allowed the dragons to escape, or was it some other betrayal I've forgotten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Some of the 1 on 1 dialogue was brilliant in that episode. Tywin and Arya, Cersei and Tyrion, Hound and Sansa, Jamie and the cousin. Was brilliant and really shows more depth to a lot of the characters.

Great episode all in all, lol I want to see more, but then I dont, because then it will be over for another season.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh and quick question: when that mysterious masked woman in Qarth spoke of Ser Jorrah betraying Daenerys already, did she imply he allowed the dragons to escape, or was it some other betrayal I've forgotten?

I'd say she was talking about how he was a sending information to kings landing about denarys in season 1, remember he got a pardon when she was about to be assasinated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd say she was talking about how he was a sending information to kings landing about denarys in season 1, remember he got a pardon when she was about to be assasinated.
    Ahhh yes, now I remember; cheers. My very initial reaction when she said it was if Jorrah was part of the kidnapping of the dragons.

Must say that while the Qarth portion is very cool - and great to see some non-pregnancy based dark magic - that whole portion feels very rushed. We barely walked through the city's gates & yet got thrust into political machinations, kidnappings & shenanigans.

At least a$$holes like Tywin Lannister show a complexity to them

He might have men hanged like it's nothing and have the ability to be cruel but dammit, he's pretty charismatic too

Don't want to like him but sort of do

Charles Dance is a great actor

I'm likeing Tywin, indeed apart from Tyrion he's the only Lannister I do like. His relationship with Arya has pretty much won me over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Good to see Jamie back he's such a wanker but good entertainment literally doesn't give a **** about anyone.
    There are two things he seems to love - killing and Cersei. He told Cat he'd only ever been with her which is a pretty big admission for such a cold bastard to make.

I'd guess the reason he seems to be so fond of trying to get himself killed is he can't be with her like a normal partner. It's kind of tragic in a way but then I remember she's his sister :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm likeing Tywin, indeed apart from Tyrion he's the only Lannister I do like. His relationship with Arya has pretty much won me over.

Tywin is an awesome character, Charles Dance has been the standout performance of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I do like that Tywin corrected Aria on how to speak like a commoner.

Wonder where Ghost is. Will he come to Jon Snow's rescue, or is he a smart direwolf who knows he's outnumbered?

Speaking of direwolves, whatever happened Aria's? Sansa's was killed in the first season for attacking Joffrey, I believe but what happened Aria's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Conchir

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Speaking of direwolves, whatever happened Aria's? Sansa's was killed in the first season for attacking Joffrey, I believe but what happened Aria's?

Arya and Jory Cassel drove her away so Cersei wouldn't have her killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah right. Thought they only hid her until things calmed down. Thanks

A fleet of ships and wildfire reigning down on them next episode

Can't wait :D

• Advertisement

Two thoughts occur about possible future events....

One, I wonder if Tywin will eventually figure who arya is, and force Rob to exchange Jamie for her. Maybe even call a halt to hostilities; Tywin has a helluva card to play if he works out who his serventgirl really is, and its hard to see where/how the war will end

Second, going with the theme of Theon, the fcuk-up and loser, I wonder if the winterfell capture is just a distraction so the Greyjoys could happily raid the coast, effectively sacrificing Theon to the Starks when they go to retake it. Can't exactly see the islanders racing to his rescue when he's in trouble, sure what would they want with winterfell anyway?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah right. Thought they only hid her until things calmed down. Thanks

I reckon it's been keeping an eye on her from afar and will swoop to her rescue at some point. Could be wrong though.

One, I wonder if Tywin will eventually figure who arya is, and force Rob to exchange Jamie for her. Maybe even call a halt to hostilities; Tywin has a helluva card to play if he works out who his serventgirl really is, and its hard to see where/how the war will end

I can't see that at all

In their minds a daughter is worth far less then a son

Robb said himself a while back if he ever tried to exchange Jamie for girls his men would turn on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Doubt it was Bran who was burnt tbh. Yes, Theon has turned into a powerhungry, semi-maniacal prick, but I still think burning a child who was as good as a brother to him is a step too far.
    T-b0n3 wrote: »
    That was a shock, reckon it wasn't the 2 lads as well.

How come you are all so sure?

I'd guess it's the two orphans as well. Why else would they send the old chap away, if not to fool him?

Brilliant episode. One of my favourites so far. That part with Tywin and Arya was epic! I was instantly wondering if Littlefinger had had a word and let on to who she was.

As for the black dude proclaiming himself king and killing the counsel! That was awesome!

and Sanya reaching womanhood! Will we have a royal wedding in the next couple of episodes? I can't believe there's only three left... Boooooooo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I dont think it was Bran and Rickon either but anyone else think Theon did the wrong thing by making 2 matyrs and giving the peasants even more reason to have a revolt against only a handful of soldiers.

Also Arya and Tywin have stolen this series. Their scenes are easily the best of all the characters at this stage. Even better than Tyrion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Godge wrote: »

I'm not sure, but It would be my educated guess. Between sending the old man away, the burnt beyond recognition & it just doesn't feel like that whole arc (the half wit, the direwolves, the slave lady etc) would just end? Or at least lose the two young Stark boys which are what makes the arc important I guess?

I've been wrong before and didn't see Ed dying so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Great episode!

Going to really miss it when it's gone :(

So many things happening in the episode and with only three left I hope we're not left wanting and feeling abrupt

Very funny interaction between Jon Snow and the wildling and the shock from the kings slayer at the sight of woman knight was just so funny.
    Really love the funny bits in this episode and definitely the two burned children weren't Bran and Rickon but did they do it to see Theon's reaction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I actually did not hate Cersei for the first time in the episode. She has to love that proper prick of a son.

Who is getting killed by someone btw, possibly by a family member.

Littlefinger would not say who Arya is until he has to, the shrewd git.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I can't see that at all

In their minds a daughter is worth far less then a son

Robb said himself a while back if he ever tried to exchange Jamie for girls his men would turn on him

Perhaps then, but Tywin is clearly losing this war and would surely try anything at this stage to end it. He knows Rob isn't after the Iron Throne, so he could go "look you get the lands you took, we'll recognise the King in the North, now give back Jamie & we'll give you Arya".

This is Game of Thrones after-all - do you honestly think this war will get a 'clean' conclusion? Arrangements will be made that'll suit everybody & nobody at the same time.
    Godge wrote: »

It's the classic cinematic axiom: if you didn't see the bodies, they're not dead. We didn't see Brann & Rickon be caught and slain so they didn't die. Hopefully :) I suspect it's Theon trying to be clever & show Winterfell who's boss, using the farm's orphan boys as props.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I suspect it's Theon trying to be clever & show Winterfell who's boss, using the farm's orphan boys as props.

I doubt it. If Theon knowingly used the orphan boys and then it was found out that Bran and the other kid were still alive, it'd ruin his already shaky reputation. I don't think he'd chance that. I'd say he was just simply tricked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

It was a good one last night the story as I have geared is moved away from the book well from the dragons point in view should be a good one next week can't wait

Penn wrote: »
    I doubt it. If Theon knowingly used the orphan boys and then it was found out that Bran and the other kid were still alive, it'd ruin his already shaky reputation. I don't think he'd chance that. I'd say he was just simply tricked.

Yeah it looked like he was seeing the charred bodies for the first time himself going by the look on his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Has to be the two orphan boys. Why else would they have thrown in the random line "That's the house we sent the two orphan boys to". I think the wilding woman with Bran set it up. Possibly left the boys resting and "went to get food" thus laying a track for the hounds. Then sprinkled a few walnut shells around the place and left before Theon caught up. She's smart and ruthless. Also we would have seen them being captured if Theon had caught them.

I really liked the Lord Tywin & Arya scene. He goes from the ruthless medieval leader to a compassionate father figure. He knows she is lying to him about who she is. Does he know Arya escaped. I think they were keeping that a secret in Kings Landing. Perhaps he will hear that news and realise who she is. There has to be an Emmy for Charles Dance next year.

We saw more about Jamie's character this week. Just when he seemed like a nice guy he suddenly turns as ruthless as the bastard we saw in season one by throwing Bran out the window. It was good to get some depth to his character. I have to say the Lannisters are fast becoming an iconic family in TV history. But how was he captured so quickly. I thought he would go down fighting rather than be returned to prison.

What was Cat going to do when she went to his pen at the end. Make a deal for her daughters and let him go before the mob killed him. I don't think she is one to rise to insults and decide to execute him herself. I can't see him dying just yet but clearly he can't stay there as a prisoner.

Cersei seems totally disillusioned with King Joffrey. Also her other son is getting mentioned a lot more considering we hardly knew he existed before last week. Plus Tyrion tried to reassure her that she has two good children. Throw in that the hound indicated to Sansa that he would protect her from Joffrey (in a roundabout I love killing sort of way) and I think it is building up to a showdown between Joffrey and the rest of the court. Possibly during the sea battle. Hound to throw him from the wall into a blazing sea in the final episode? Get rid of Joffrey and marry Sansa to the good son and all of a sudden the Lannisters become as close to hero main characters as this show has.

I wonder did the wildings kill the other members of the Night's watch patrol. I still don't buy that they just gave up on Jon seconds after he got lost. It is not within their character. They just sort of disappeared. The Wildings appeared very quickly once the girl escapes so I recon they were trailing them waiting for a chance to step in without her being in danger. Either way I expect Jon will be dragged back to their camp now and we'll finally get to see this King Mance.

So now your man is King of Quart why does he need Dany? Quart seems to be a thriving city that made him and all the 13 extremely wealthy. Now he owns it all. Given that the walls of the city and the desert around it protect them from attack the Dragons are purely offensive weapons to him. Who is he planning to attack? The Seven Kingdoms?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Imagine Charles Dance reading the script & realising that 90% of his scenes were going to be with 10 year old girl . . . . . then realising that it was the most intense well written dialogue in the whole piece.

Some of this season feels rather rushed due to the 10 episode restriction.
    Qarth & the fall of Winterfell have been glossed over for expediency, hard to believe there's only 3 episodes left.

I reckon I'll save them all up on my Sky Box & watch them back to back round the start of June, must stay out of threads so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement