Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Google the pack, it's included and manager in GameStop was at a demo etc hands on with consoles and packs and said 100% sure nintendoland is included sue what would be the point in higher pack if it wasnt

You read ANY of the online sites pack info and it ISN'T included. Your only getting the Pro Controller and ZombieU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Still think its a rip. We didn't have to buy wii sports(not at the wii launch anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hdowney wrote: »
    You read ANY of the online sites pack info and it ISN'T included. Your only getting the Pro Controller and ZombieU

Was looking other day and seen two articles stating wii zombiu came with nintendoland

Was looking other day and seen two articles stating wii zombiu came with nintendoland

Really? huh. Well as I said everything I have come across states it wont. But at the end of the day the only way we will know for certain is when someone opens their ZombieU pack on launch day and tells us what came in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

cloud493 wrote: »
    Still think its a rip. We didn't have to buy wii sports(not at the wii launch anyway)

Totally not a rip!

Qjm6Q5iRv0Snupwcnc5EPw2.png

Still, I'd like it to be a free pack in :o buying it either way though, so. Gonna get Zombie U pack, then buy rayman and new super mario bros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

The Gamecube launched for $200? That seems so cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Kinski wrote: »
    The Gamecube launched for $200? That seems so cheap.

I think it was more here, maybe €250?

How about from NoE themselves?
    https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/246602441250992128

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I think it was more here, maybe €250?

I think it was €200.

Edit: There was a price cut a few weeks before launch, from €250 to €200 after Microsoft cut the price of the xbox.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-cuts-price-for-european-gamecube-launch-2862208

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Imagine how much they'll charge for the PS4 or Nextbox it'll probably be €500 minimum.

• Advertisement

Wasn't the PS3 ridiculously expensive at launch anyway? I remember how mental it was paying £490 for it(including two games and two blu rays) in 2007.

Blu-Ray players were quite expensive then, I think. So the PS3 was like getting a console and a Blu-Ray Player (like with the PS2 and its actually quite crappy DVD player).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Region Locking officially confirmed this morning.
    Hardly a surprise, but yeah... boooooooo.

Mr E wrote: »

Shoot. I'll have to order games online from the uk so when I move

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Mr E wrote: »

ya not a major surprise home consoles have been region locked for as long as i can remember. had to have a special cart that you put a pal game into and then your American or Japanese game into too for the snes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I really have to stop Googling this... I really shouldn't buy one on launch but ZombiU and Nintendo Land are really tempting me...

Damn my impulsive purchases.

hdowney wrote: »
    Shoot. I'll have to order games online from the uk so when I move

Unless by that time there's the ability to softmod it like there was with the Wii, to enable it to play games from any region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

That_Guy wrote: »
    I really have to stop Googling this... I really shouldn't buy one on launch but ZombiU and Nintendo Land are really tempting me...

Damn my impulsive purchases.

I watched the full trailer for zombiU the other night and it looks amazing.. I can't wait until my boyfriend opens this on xmas morning! ..so I can steal it..

I'm hiding it under the bed in his housemates room!

Muhaha!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Wasn't the PS3 ridiculously expensive at launch anyway? I remember how mental it was paying £490 for it(including two games and two blu rays) in 2007.

I remember being given one as a gift around launch time, and then I saw the price. I felt a bit rotten. Especially after the first year, when it felt like all it would be, for the immediate future, is a glorified PS2 with Blu-Ray support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

whole day with this bad boy just to myself next month

fifth time getting a decent amount of time on it, but first time ill actually be able to check out stuff like the menu system, the non-game interface, the additional features, the media features etc. basically an entire day to put it through its paces from top to bottom, just me and the console (and probably someone there from ninty to make sure i don't break it). excireh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Helix wrote: »

fifth time getting a decent amount of time on it, but first time ill actually be able to check out stuff like the menu system, the non-game interface, the additional features, the media features etc. basically an entire day to put it through its paces from top to bottom, just me and the console (and probably someone there from ninty to make sure i don't break it). excireh!

What games you seeing? Nintendoland, Rayman, Pikmin & Zombiu

Can you give us an honest gamers opinion on whether this console is worth the money? Felt burned after buying wii to be honest well compared to other ninty consoles anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

For any games that can be fully played on the gamepad will it be possible to boot them up without the Wii U being plugged into a tv?

I've read that you should be within 8 meters for best performance, would that work upstairs? My sons bedroom would be directly above the sitting room so the signal would have to pass through one ceiling.

Dunno about it needing to be plugged into the telly or not, but:
    Tayla wrote: »
    I've read that you should be within 8 meters for best performance, would that work upstairs? My sons bedroom would be directly above the sitting room so the signal would have to pass through one ceiling.
    There should be no issue with this I'd imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno about it needing to be plugged into the telly or not, but:

There should be no issue with this I'd imagine!

I suppose it would depend on the floor. I mean would your next door neighbour in a semi detached house be able to play using your Wii U?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I suppose it would depend on the floor. I mean would your next door neighbour in a semi detached house be able to play using your Wii U?

Would the gamepad not need to be synced or whatever with the Wii U in question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭Nollog

Ohes?
    I don't think anyone outside Nintendo has even seen the menu yet.
    Post details everywhere.
    Are you some sort of journalist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Can you give us an honest gamers opinion on whether this console is worth the money? Felt burned after buying wii to be honest well compared to other ninty consoles anyways.

absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

according latest Nintendo Official Magazine, WII U launches 30th of November and for 8GB from £249 = €312 - £260 = €325

32 GB £299 = €374 - £310 = €388

Which sounds about what we are paying for them

• Advertisement

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    according latest Nintendo Official Magazine, WII U launches 30th of November and for 8GB from £249 = €312 - £260 = €325

32 GB £299 = €374 - £310 = €388

You and your paper magazines. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You and your paper magazines. :p

I still buy actual magazines from time to time, very handy for at work or out and about. You aren't going to get breaking news but you get comment and features which are still worth getting in my opinion anyway.

(sorry, off topic)

WII U in smyths estimate price of €319.00, HMV will be more like the same

but gamestop will be around €330 and argos €340

this link has join informed that Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge WII U will be out on launch Date

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/42321/wii-u-could-get-people-to-pay-attention-to-console-games-again-team-ninja/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Prices for HMV and Smyths were announced a couple of weeks ago:
    HMV are currently €350 for the premium and €380 for the ZombiU edition, didn't ask about the basic but would assume that it's €300
    Deano7788 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would the gamepad not need to be synced or whatever with the Wii U in question?

Yeah it would, but was just giving an example. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I pre ordered one yesterday in my local Gamestop, it was only the third pre order they had taken!

Do you live somewhere remote or boring where there are no gamers?! :P

We really don't talk directly to waryas. He doesn't really read anything in threads, just tries to add the stuff he gets in magazines.
    Once I learned of this, he made a lot more sense to me.
    Tayla wrote: »
    I pre ordered one yesterday in my local Gamestop, it was only the third pre order they had taken!

:O

thehut were kind enough to give me a 10% off code, which I prompptly used to get a tenner off zombiu and a propad.
    Zombiu for 45 euro, ain't nowt wrong with that.

380 euro.... 300 pounds. I dunno. Once you include shipping, the cost difference probably isn't that much really.

• Advertisement

380 euro.... 300 pounds. I dunno. Once you include shipping, the cost difference probably isn't that much really.

Shipping to Ireland for an order of that value is free on Amazon, but £300 is 375euro at the moment.

your smyths card gives up to 10% discount

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    your smyths card gives up to 10% discount

Also, there's a 10 euro off 50 euro spend voucher in yesterday(Sunday's) The Sunday World newspaper.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Also, there's a 10 euro off 50 euro spend voucher in yesterday(Sunday's) The Sunday World newspaper.

Not for games/consoles etc etc just kids toys!!!! I know I got dragged through Smyths with my wee ones :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

The 10% discount doesn't apply to consoles either. At the moment it's not even applying to most new games.

Think I'll go for HMV, assuming that 380 for the zombieU pack is set in stove, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Think I'll go for HMV, assuming that 380 for the zombieU pack is set in stove, so to speak.

I don't know whether its because I just finished an assignment due in 5 minutes or it's just my sleep deprived brain but I am laughing out loud right now and I can't stop! Set in stove!:p

Edit; on topic, I'm not getting a WiiU this year unless someone loves me enough to buy me one. I'm not all that bothered with it but I'm sure it'll be a great platform to have in the future:)

Always good for a laugh so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭granturismo

If anyone knows of a store still taking orders for the WiiU in North Leinster or Dublin could you please pm me, thanks. I cant find any in Naas and have been told they are sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

preordered mine last thursday in HMV 380 for the zombiU version and will probably pick up nintendoland for the crack as it looks like it could be great fun to have around for showing people the console. now i have to decide which other games games to buy cause i think right now right now i want assasains creed 3, mass effect 3 and batman:AC and possibly fifa 13

Advertisement