Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    the wii launch games are nintendo land, zombiu, new super mario bros u, FiFa 13, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Tank Tank Tank , TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops II , Mass Effect 3, Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Family Party 30 Great Games: Obstacle Arcade, Darksiders II - Wii U, Assassin's Creed III, NBA 2K13, 007 Legends, transformers prime, Skylander Giants, Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013, WII U FIT, Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, Just Dance 4, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Warriors Orochi 3, Lego City Undercover, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Rise of the Guardians, Madden NFL 13, Sing Party, Funky Barn, Wipeout 3, Dragon Quest X, Batman: Arkham City Armor Edition, Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth, Game Party Champions, Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Sangokushi 12, Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage, Injustice: Gods Among Us, The Cave, The Wonder 101, Rabbits Land, Sports Connection, Cloudberry Kingdom, Bayonetta 2, Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012, Chasing Aurora,
    Well I'm sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

So paid off in full in store I have wii u zombie edition, rayman legends, new super mario u, black ops 2, assassins creed 3, Nintendoland and Lego city!!!

BOOOOOOOYYYAAAAAAAAAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't forget, they're not all launch titles...

Damo don't be putting a downer on wii u joy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

So paid off in full in store I have wii u zombie edition, rayman legends, new super mario u, black ops 2, assassins creed 3, Nintendoland and Lego city!!!

BOOOOOOOYYYAAAAAAAAAA

Ill be putting down my deposit on monday in HMV for wii u + nintendoland + Mario bros:) Hope the kids take to it at X-mas.

• Advertisement

Ill be putting down my deposit on monday in HMV for wii u + nintendoland + Mario bros:) Hope the kids take to it at X-mas.

**** the kids lol it's mine all mine if my two even look at it they will pay for it :D

It's not a console for kids I think game pad looks fragile lol

Damo don't be putting a downer on wii u joy :D

Sorries!!! You book yours in HMV? Must see if I can pay some more off mine...

Sorries!!! You book yours in HMV? Must see if I can pay some more off mine...

Nah gamestop mate all my Xbox stuff is gone I'm now a fully fledged ninty head again :)

Hmv trade prices are now the worst I have ever seen. I may dislike gamestop to a point but their trade in prices ain't bad with 25% extra off per ordered games etc

Nah gamestop mate all my Xbox stuff is gone I'm now a fully fledged ninty head again :)

Hmv trade prices are now the worst I have ever seen. I may dislike gamestop to a point but their trade in prices ain't bad with 25% extra off per ordered games etc

Since GAME closed down HMV's game prices have rocketed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

well dont u preorder the Nintendo Wii U ittlewoods.ie its more expensive any store other retailers in ireland, for example Nintendo Wii U Basic Pack: 8Gb White Console €349 while others retailers €320 other example Nintendo Wii U Premium Pack 32Gb Black Console with ZombiU €489 while other stores €400, Nintendo Wii U Premium Pack 32Gb Black Console with nintendo land is € 409 other stores €380

amazon prices on consoles bundle packs probable ok

dont buy games from they are more €50

while most stores in Ireland about €50 at the most

i know but they all launch on the same day as wii u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

i know but they all launch on the same day as wii u

No they don't, they launch between then and the end of March.

Edit: I'm talking about Rayman and Lego City here. The others are launch day releases.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    No they don't, they launch between then and the end of March.

Edit: I'm talking about Rayman and Lego City here. The others are launch day releases.

well not for wii u yet Rayman and Lego City wii u version on the 30th of november

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

well not for wii u yet Rayman and Lego City wii u version on the 30th of november

Rayman is definitely next year, not sure on Lego City...:pac:

Rayman is definitely next year, not sure on Lego City...:pac:

It's currently just "Launch Window" so probably next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

well dont u preorder the Nintendo Wii U ittlewoods.ie its more expensive any store other retailers in ireland, for example Nintendo Wii U Basic Pack: 8Gb White Console €349 while others retailers €320 other example Nintendo Wii U Premium Pack 32Gb Black Console with ZombiU €489 while other stores €400, Nintendo Wii U Premium Pack 32Gb Black Console with nintendo land is € 409 other stores €380

Its actually €380 in HMV that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

There'll be a nintendo direct dealing with miiverse sometime before release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

EnterNow wrote: »
    Its actually €380 in HMV that one

Yep HMV seem to have the best prices.

• Advertisement

wtlltw wrote: »
    Yep HMV seem to have the best prices.

Yes when it comes to a straight cash price they beat gamestop but their trade in prices are seen they are shocking bad IMO!! Had a few games hmv offered 32 GameStop offered 80 and 25% bonus brought it up to 100..

Another example is FIFA 13 Xbox 35 trade in in GameStop and 20 in hmv and with 25% on 35 makes gamestop bout 43 trade in value!!! It's a no brainer if u have stuff to trade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Does anyone have a confirmed list of the launch day releases? The list I'm finding only have a few titles on them, not like the list on the last page.

Corholio wrote: »
    Does anyone have a confirmed list of the launch day releases? The list I'm finding only have a few titles on them, not like the list on the last page.

edit: was hard to see on dark.

Nintendo Land
    Zombi U
    New Super Mario Bros. U
    FIFA 13
    Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing Transformed
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    Call of Duty: Black Operations 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Epic Mickey 2
    Family Party: 30 Great Games
    Darksiders 2
    Assassin's Creed 3
    NBA 2k3
    007 Legends
    Transformers Prime
    Skylanders Giants
    Just Dance 4
    Warriors Orochi 3
    Ninja Gaiden 3
    Rise of the Guardians
    Madden 13
    Sing Party
    Funky Barn
    Wipeout
    Batman Arkham City
    Game Party Champions
    Rabbits Land
    Sports Connection
    Your Shape
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Ben10

I might be wrong on some of the lesser more... shovelwareish titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

bit the bullet and put a deposit on one (sold my vita)
    I went in to HMV asked if I could put a deposit of 200 down they said no.
    Only 10 euro was needed for the actual deposit but he suggested putting the other money on a gift card which he did.
    Went for the premium pack with nintendoland.
    As its kinda for the kids, I don't think Zombieu would be suitable.
    I think I will buy Mario seperately
    Looking forward to getting it now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Anyone got prices for Tesco yet or have any idea what they usually are like regarding pricing/etc for console launches? :confused::cool:

i going get my games separately from smyths with smyths cards u can get up 10% off every game

i going get my games separately from smyths with smyths cards u can get up 10% off every game

They have in general giving 2.5% not 10% recently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They have in general giving 2.5% not 10% recently...

Was actually strange. Was in Smyths yesterday and they have 10% off AC3 but less off the Collector's edition.
    Think it's 10% off new releases for a week and 2.5% off other games.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was actually strange. Was in Smyths yesterday and they have 10% off AC3 but less off the Collector's edition.
    Think it's 10% off new releases for a week and 2.5% off other games.

Not anymore. There's 10% off a few new releases but 2.5% off most of them

• Advertisement

Not anymore. There's 10% off a few new releases but 2.5% off most of them

Yes smyths loyalty card means nothing now IMO. Last game I bought a boards user here gave me staff discount because discount with loyalty card was2.5%

U know who you are and thanks ;)

On another note thinking of not buying Nintendo land doesn't seem worth full retail price for a game. It's kinda like a souped up wii u demo

well 2.5 % off still saves money

well 2.5 % off still saves money

Not if smyths are more expensive by far compared to hmv

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Ugh I put down my deposit in GameStop without realising it was so much cheaper in hmv

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Ugh I put down my deposit in GameStop without realising it was so much cheaper in hmv

Way I look at it is gamestop offer great service IMO anyways why I always buy my consoles there is because twice I have lost receipts when console fail happens and twice manager Instore searched for hours trying to sort out finding my order on system and sorting me out with a replacement console. Try walking into hmv saying your console is faulty but you can't find your receipt, I guarantee you would be told where to go. It's the personal touches like that if your friendly with staff etc that says to me gamestop are worth the extra 40 euro.

WIIUIIUUUIIIIIUUUU

SOO EXCITED ONLY 25 days to go :D

• Advertisement

25 days till I get mine, 42 till I play it...

25 days till I get mine, 42 till I play it...

Same here:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

first reviews for nintendoland and nsmb u are in

86% for nintendoland
    82% for nsmb u

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/05/nintendo-land-and-new-super-mario-bros-u-first-review-scores-in/

Went to put a deposit down in HMV in Dublin today and system said "Stock suspended" - Did I blow it!? Am I too late!?

first reviews for nintendoland and nsmb u are in

86% for nintendoland
    82% for nsmb u

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/05/nintendo-land-and-new-super-mario-bros-u-first-review-scores-in/

Oh no! After those scores, it's clear Nintendo is doomed. Doomed!!!

Happy enough with those scores. I suppose they can't review the console itself until it rolls out properly for all the features.

• Advertisement

Same here:(
    Why are you waiting till December 17th?

Why are you waiting till December 17th?

Damn didn't bother counting. Now it's even longer: 50 days!:(:(:(

Exclusive magazine reviews are usually rated higher than other reviews, doesn't bode well for mario u

What I really want to see reviewed is the dashboard equivalent and online capabilities, the fact that they haven't showed those yet is pretty damning.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Exclusive magazine reviews are usually rated higher than other reviews, doesn't bode well for mario u

What I really want to see reviewed is the dashboard equivalent and online capabilities, the face that they haven't showed those yet is pretty damning.

New Super Mario Bros. U

- May look the same, but there are some “incredible tweaks”
    - GamesMaster feels it’s easier than NSMB Wii
    - Took under seven hours to complete
    - More to the game outside of the main campaign
    - Most of the innovation is saved for the final levels
    - “Without wishing to spoil anything, we were surprised, excited, and twinkly-eyed during an excellent finale. It’s almost as if Nintendo suddenly realised that they were in fact working with a Wii U, with a game-changing GamePad and everything.”
    - Hopes Nintendo will “build on this solid, if not mind-blowing, foundation.”
    - Graphics: 82%
    - Gameplay: 85%
    - Accessibility: 90%
    - Lifespan: 80%
    - Innovation: 75%
    - Overall: 82%
    - “A great excuse for families to gather round the TV, and an enticing glimpse of Mario’s HD future.”

Interesting. Saw a tweet from Rich from IGN last night. Someone asked him if anyone had access to finalised hardware/software to review after the leaked reviews from Gamesmaster. He said No. But this morning I couldn't find that tweet. Looks like he must've deleted it.

Interesting. Saw a tweet from Rich from IGN last night. Someone asked him if anyone had access to finalised hardware/software to review after the leaked reviews from Gamesmaster. He said No. But this morning I couldn't find that tweet. Looks like he must've deleted it.

I think sometimes for a review they don't actually have the hardware/software. They're invited to a review event where they play it for a few hours and base it on that. I remember hearing it on Gametrailers a few weeks ago. It would be odd if they only invited 1 magazine though, or left out 1 of the bigger websites.

But as the post above mine had, they got to play more than a few hours if they were able to complete the main campaign. And these days, as far as I know, magazines or professional websites don't or aren't supposed to write reviews until they complete the game including all the extra stuff.
    So in the case of Mario, as has been common in the latest 2D games, they usually have a whole new 8 worlds or secret world (A new fantastic point of view) so I doubt it could all be done at a review event.
    But maybe

But as the post above mine had, they got to play more than a few hours if they were able to complete the main campaign. And these days, as far as I know, magazines or professional websites don't or aren't supposed to write reviews until they complete the game including all the extra stuff.
    So in the case of Mario, as has been common in the latest 2D games, they usually have a whole new 8 worlds or secret world (A new fantastic point of view) so I doubt it could all be done at a review event.
    But maybe

Nope, don't have to complete the game at all. Also, as that post said, it only takes 7 hours to complete so it is possible they got it finished. I'd still be suspicious though.

And now for some photos
    Apparently there's still an embargo on the unboxing of the Wii U and the menu, etc. IGN's unboxing will be uploaded at 6pm tomorrow if you watch those kinds of things.

Wii U Box
    https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/265907068572147713/photo/1
    Pro Controller box
    https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/265910536070393856/photo/1
    A wee collection of boxes
    http://i.imgur.com/8BktK.jpg

And then pictures of a game box inside and out
    http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/rabbidsland/box/photo2.jpg
    http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/rabbidsland/box/photo3.jpg
    http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/rabbidsland/box/photo4.jpg

Now weren't those some lovely boxes? :)

And now for some photos
    Apparently there's still an embargo on the unboxing of the Wii U and the menu, etc. IGN's unboxing will be uploaded at 6pm tomorrow if you watch those kinds of things.

Wii U Box
    https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/265907068572147713/photo/1
    Pro Controller box
    https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/265910536070393856/photo/1
    A wee collection of boxes
    http://i.imgur.com/8BktK.jpg

And then pictures of a game box inside and out
    http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/rabbidsland/box/photo2.jpg
    http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/rabbidsland/box/photo3.jpg
    http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/rabbidsland/box/photo4.jpg

Now weren't those some lovely boxes? :)
    if you took those pics and you have a wii u currently I will find your house and I will play it :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement