Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Snowc wrote: »
    This they first nintendo console in a long time I am not interested in purchasing at launch,it just seems like a wii with an portable screen,am I wrong ?

Yes, you are wrong. It's much more powerful than the Wii, at least as powerful as 360/PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Yes, you are wrong. It's much more powerful than the Wii, at least as powerful as 360/PS3.

And a better online proposition too by the look of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

CastorTroy wrote: »

I assumed Darksiders would be able to be played on the pad since I remember that was one of the first dev interviews about Wii U. They said they had it running on the pad by just adding a line of code when they were just messing around to see what it could do. So unless they decided not to go ahead with it

Yup was confirmed a few weeks ago

http://m.joystiq.com/2012/09/28/wii-us-darksiders-2-features-off-screen-play-included-dlc/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Belmont100

Hey guys. I haven't been on this site in ages, but I was just wondering if the Wii U should be pre ordered or not. I was thinking about getting one for myself but I'm worried if it will be sold out. What do you think? Are they going to sell out or will they be easily available? I'm sorry if this is the wrong section for posting this.
    Thanks a lot.

Belmont100 wrote: »
    Hey guys. I haven't been on this site in ages, but I was just wondering if the Wii U should be pre ordered or not. I was thinking about getting one for myself but I'm worried if it will be sold out. What do you think? Are they going to sell out or will they be easily available? I'm sorry if this is the wrong section for posting this.
    Thanks a lot.

It sounds like they'll be sold out; some shops are reporting they may not even be able to meet pre-orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Will the Zombie U console be the best value at €419.99 or would it be better to go for a Premium with Nintendo Land for €379.99 and get Zombie U elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Will the Zombie U console be the best value at €419.99 or would it be better to go for a Premium with Nintendo Land for €379.99 and get Zombie U elsewhere.

Im personally getting the the zombiU bundle as it also comes with the pro controller the premium bundle does not include the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 V1P3R

The zombieU edition also comes with the pro controller so I would say its better value (Providing you want zombieU)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If there's a HMV near you, it's 380 for the Zombi U bundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I am unsure wheather or not to get black ops 2 for the wiiu or ps3

Might get the wiiu version , there will be prob some awesome gaming nights :D

Im curious how nintendo do their online ...

There has being no mention of it yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Wii u or GTFO!!!!

Yeah defo get a wee clan going should be some great fun. I'm involved with an Xbox clan and for blops etc the craic was ****ing 90 lol nothing better than making some American muppet start screaming at your team in between games!!! Oh the fun we had.

Ok so my main reason for getting wii u is off tv play as having a busy house doesn't allow lots of time to use the main tv. Playing console games while in bed sounds great to me. I know some games support this feature and some that don't, below ill list ones I know support it but if anyone else can add to this it would be great.

COD black ops 2
    Darksiders 2
    Mass effect 3
    Mario u
    Rayman
    Madden 13 (pretty sure it does)

Add batman to this now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Add batman to this now too

That's great news anyone know if blops 2 or FIFA 13 can be played solely on game pad?

That's great news anyone know if blops 2 or FIFA 13 can be played solely on game pad?

I'm pretty sure blops 2 can be, since you can play multiplayer with 1 player on the TV and 1 on the Gamepad. Not sure about Fifa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well this time next week we should have a lot of our questions answered.

Actually do the Wii U game boxes state if they have offscreen play, does anyone know? Doesn't look like the Raving Rabbids game does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I really should have read up more on the wii U. Im only finding out now that some games are not playable off screen:eek: Im getting the premium Wii U with rayman legends, just dance 4 & Nintendo-land. This is the bundle they are doing so ill have to order Mario bros separately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Im curious how nintendo do their online ...

There has being no mention of it yet

Miiverse so you can "pwn noobs" on the integrated facebooke, and share achievements with the world.
    activision's own servers for online gameplay by linking it with your nintendo network account ID, which you need to register for when you first turn on the console.
    check the videos 1-3 pages back for such information.

Actually do the Wii U game boxes state if they have offscreen play, does anyone know? Doesn't look like the Raving Rabbids game does

just dance and ninja gaiden have a upad symbol on the back, but i'm not sure if that means it requires a upad or if it means offtv play. The icon should be a tv with rabbit ears and a big X through it.

Batman states on the back that off tv is a feature but there was no official symbols stating off tv play

I really should have read up more on the wii U. Im only finding out now that some games are not playable off screen:eek: Im getting the premium Wii U with rayman legends, just dance 4 & Nintendo-land. This is the bundle they are doing so ill have to order Mario bros separately

Rayman legends is delayed until next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wii U menu music

http://zeldapower.com/index.php/zelda-music/798-wii-u-menu-music.html

Mii Maker Part 2 is my favourite. Part 1 sounds like the zelda faerie fountain theme at the 31 second mark

/\/ollog wrote: »
    just dance and ninja gaiden have a upad symbol on the back, but i'm not sure if that means it requires a upad or if it means offtv play. The icon should be a tv with rabbit ears and a big X through it.

Yeah think that just means the game supports the pad. Probably has the Wiimote beside it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Went into Gamestop tonight and booked a zombie u console. Looks like I am getting a Wii U.:cool:

Went into Gamestop tonight and booked a zombie u console. Looks like I am getting a Wii U.:cool:

Yup nothing like getting a brand new console hasn't happened since march for me when march madness took over and I bought a vita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Anyone know what Gamestop are like when you cancel preorders? Do they just give you credit for the shop? I put down a €50 deposit but have decided not to get the Wii U now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Tayla wrote: »
    Anyone know what Gamestop are like when you cancel preorders? Do they just give you credit for the shop? I put down a €50 deposit but have decided not to get the Wii U now.

Think they give you it back in whatever payment method you originally made.

• Advertisement

Think they give you it back in whatever payment method you originally made.

Whats the point in even paying a deposit then, thought you were locked into buying it or losing your deposit

Whats the point in even paying a deposit then

To guarantee yourself a system on launch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What day is this released folks? I have one pre ordered in HMV & want to make sure I'm there early!

EnterNow wrote: »
    What day is this released folks? I have one pre ordered in HMV & want to make sure I'm there early!
    It's the 30th its released, which is a Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Looky what I saw in my local Canadian game store

• Advertisement

Looky what I saw in my local Canadian game store

Buy me one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Gonna ask in this thread as its probably the best chance of someone knowing. I was in Gamestop the other day (Swords branch) and they had a poster up detailing prices when you traded in an existing console (i.e. 3DS etc). However, I've been looking on their site and cant find any details, but would anyone know how much they are offering the Wii U for when you trade in a 120gb PS3 slim? Trying to find out for my brother but wont be near the shop till the weekend at the earliest.

Thanks.

So IGN are meant to be posting the Ninja Gaiden review today, I believe. Mario U and Nintendoland on Thursday. think the other games are on Sunday. I'm assuming all sites are in the same boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is there an official list of what games Europe will have available on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Does anyone know if there are midnight openings planned? I have mine pre-ordered in HMV. This will be my first ever launch-day console, exciting stuff!

Anyone looking for a portable hard drive for the Wii U?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056806212

Though no guarantee of it working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Still no word on Xtravision/Tesco pricing/stock....urgh. Don't know what exactly i'm doing yet! :pac:
    Just realised i don't have a HD TV and only a standard TV so the Gamepad (at 480p) will actually be higher res for me!

Toki Tori 2 (on the eShop) is shaping up pretty nicely from the looks of things and will be available on December 20th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Does anyone know if there are midnight openings planned? I have mine pre-ordered in HMV. This will be my first ever launch-day console, exciting stuff!

gamestop liffey street and HMV Grafton street usually have one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

wii u is going in HD, so u are going need a HDTV to play it

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    wii u is going in HD, so u are going need a HDTV to play it

No you don't you just don't use the hdmi cable and it will work fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

im hoping HMV in Cork have a midnight launch cause i have to work on the 30th and with the rumours of some HMVs taking too many pre orders i dont wanna miss out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Saw an ad on the telly last night for the WiiU - it's really getting released... no idea what the game was but the graphics were terrible and it looks like they combined the gameplay of the Shinobi bonus stage with the interface of a smartphone. And I want it want it want it! Must come up with a way of making cash that doesn't get in the way of familial responsibilities....

Does anyone want to buy a kidney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Takamaru's Ninja Castle (part of Nintendoland).

Banjo wrote: »
    Saw an ad on the telly last night for the WiiU - it's really getting released... no idea what the game was but the graphics were terrible and it looks like they combined the gameplay of the Shinobi bonus stage with the interface of a smartphone. And I want it want it want it! Must come up with a way of making cash that doesn't get in the way of familial responsibilities....

Does anyone want to buy a kidney?

The game was Takamaru's Ninja Castle, from Nintendoland

...And my kidneys work fine at the moment, so I'll have to pass on your offer.:P

how can i buy a HARD-DRIVE for my wii u if there a chance it wont work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

how can i buy a HARD-DRIVE for my wii u if there a chance it wont work :(
    i think you just have to make sure you get a usb 2.0 one though i would not be 100% sure. whats the likely hood you will need it day one anyway. the 32 GB that it has surely is enough for the time being

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

magnumbud wrote: »
    i think you just have to make sure you get a usb 2.0 one though i would not be 100% sure. whats the likely hood you will need it day one anyway. the 32 GB that it has surely is enough for the time being

Aren't some retail games going to available for download day one as well? If they are, they would easily fill up 32 GB very fast.

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »

i found my old 500gb iomega external hard-drive was bought a few years ago i pray it works

am i able to find out if its 2.0

there notting on the usb wire or hard-drive and when i google i find notting

gamecube games come on i missed out on so much

Advertisement