Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sticky Power/Sleep Button - iP4S

• 14-05-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi so I've got a 4S about a month now and I'm already having troubles with the power button. The power button, intermittently, decides that it just does not want to be clicked. Every now and again it'll work fine and feel normal, but then out of the blue it just decides to stick. Is there anything that I can do, personally? Without having to send it to Apple? I've tried using an earphone-cleaning tool to dig down into the creases and gather up any dust etc. that found its way down. But that didn't work and I feel like that's just done nothing but push the dust/lint down even more.

If I do have to send it back to Apple, unfortunately, what is their policy like? Is there any way I may just be sent out a replacement straight away, or will I be waiting days/weeks? I don't have a second phone that I can use while it's being repaired so I'll be pretty much screwed if I've got to send it away.

It was bought in a Carphone Warehouse store so would returning to the store and try to re-produce the fault? As it's quite inconsistent I don't want to take the time out to go visit a store and then for the button to work perfectly hence making me look like a fool. :o

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Anybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Personally I'd send it back to apple while it's still in warranty and if you have a cc that they can put a 500 euro hold on they will send a replacement to you and just swap with the courier. They charge 29 euro for the service and take the hold off the cc when they get your old phone back

Advertisement