Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork Sausages in perth

Options
  • 14-05-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Where in gods name can you buy pork sausages in Perth? All i can find are chicken, beef and lamb sausages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

The butcher at mount pleasant does some really good pork sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Where in gods name can you buy pork sausages in Perth? All i can find are chicken, beef and lamb sausages.
    Second thread on this this week. Do a search. I've been in perth 4 years and have yet to see a supermarket that doesn't sell pork sausages. I'm guessing mammy done all the shopping back home?

One does have to wonder all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BabyMonkeyy

aido79 wrote: »
    Second thread on this this week. Do a search. I've been in Perth 4 years and have yet to see a supermarket that doesn't sell pork sausages. I'm guessing mammy done all the shopping back home?

I am curious as to why you presume that my mam does all the shopping back home?

And to clarify my mam hasn't done my shopping for me in years.

I am only currently in Oz 4 weeks and was dying for a fry at the weekend. I checked out Coles, Woolworths and Iga and could not find any.

So Please do tell me aido79 from your 4 years of living in Perth where i could possibly find some pork sausages.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Pork sausages are easy to find.

Decent ones are a little bit harder. Look for them in Woolworths and IGA.

McLoughlins Irish style sausages.

pinky_and_perky.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Second thread on this this week. Do a search. I've been in perth 4 years and have yet to see a supermarket that doesn't sell pork sausages. I'm guessing mammy done all the shopping back home?

Mod No need for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Does your woolworths sell McLoughlins Slidey? I have only seem them in some IGAs and Coles.

But that aside I have never seen a large store not stock pork sausages. Avoid the homebrands.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 missbudget

Coles sell a brand called British Cumberland Sausages which are pork and quite tasty.

Stamfords in Brentwood do a lovely range of sausages and if your looking for it, soda bread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

ellaq wrote: »
    Does your woolworths sell McLoughlins Slidey? I have only seem them in some IGAs and Coles.

But that aside I have never seen a large store not stock pork sausages. Avoid the homebrands.
    I might be wrong, it could be Coles I saw them in.

I got them in IGA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

missbudget wrote: »
    Coles sell a brand called British Cumberland Sausages which are pork and quite tasty.
    +1 for this, their own brand however is terrible, same with wollies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

hussey wrote: »

Mod No need for that.
    I apologise for that comment but I think that unless you try to do your weekly shopping in Gull or coles express then it really isn't hard to find pork sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

I'm in QLD and in Coles we've gotten these pork sausages called 'Hans BBQ Sizzlers'! There are delicious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I overheard a young woman in Coles last night asking for Irish sausages, she seemed almost frantic. I had no idea that people cold get so hooked, I never found anything special about irish sausages, they all seem too low in meat and very high in salt.

Advertisement