Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Application Database advice

Options
  • 14-05-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have a few years experience developing applications with a VB.NET front end and an Access or SQL Server backend.

I'm in the early stages of planning to develop my first browser based application (part hobby, part college project, part work project). I know quite a bit of JavaScript and XHTML but I've never done any database work in this arena. Can someone please advise what language I should use for the database connectivity and then I can go investigating from there. I want to avoid .NET, so I won't be using ASP.

Thanks in advance,
    Damien

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Give a look at a few Groovy/Grails tutorials on youtube. I am currently using it on a project and I am impressed at how much can be done with so little user code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I would recommend Google App Engine + Google Web Toolkit. Google will host your application in cloud and they will also deal with your database. You can use Java or Python. The GWT is an alternative if you don't know javascript it's for designing a UI for your application.

Advertisement