Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place to get a ladder in Limerick

• 14-05-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Need a ladder to get to second story windows for cleaning and to reach the Sky box, which is at about the same height. But don't have much storage space. Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The likes of HSS Hire will hire you one.

Wickes will sell you one.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Hello

I saw these telescopic ladders in Maplins yesterday, it folds up really small, so that would be handy seeing that you have lack of storage space.
    Not sure though if it would be high enough?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/2.9m-telescopic-ladder-394611

Argos sell ladders, as do B&Q etc.

Best of luck in your search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Best place to rent a ladder is Sam hire on the Tipperary road inside where heaton-buckleys are. road, charge €20 for a full day or take on a Friday and u can have it until Monday at 10am I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

From past experience I'd stay away from this type of ladder. I've found them to be not that steady when they are extended out to the last. I had one fold up under me and I got a fairly nasty fall from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Well I have one of those ladders, what I am thinking of doing it is getting some kind of wall bracket for it and mounting it horizontally on the wall, allowing it to be out of the way and lockable.
    Something like those bike things for cars?
    I hope these exist, otherwise I will be on dragons den in a few weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

There are wall adjusts that lay against the wall and also one u can clip into the bottom of the ladder when on uneven surfaces, u place the end of the ladder on a sand back to make it steady.

Furthermore u can drill an eye-bolt into the wall and tie the ladder in place with that, it what all installers in UPC use when going onto a roof an eyebolt must be drilled into the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I bought a ladder in 3 sections in B&Q while back - This means it is attic storable & Saloon car portable (small overhang out open boot though!)

- Only word of warning is that although it reached gutters & first floor windows etc. on a normal 3 bed semi-d it couldn't reach to apex of roof, ie at gable end. I knew this at time and was happy to motor on etc.

No notion of price sorry, but I thought it was reasonable and ladder was in use today as good as the day it was bought ;)

Advertisement