Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ormond wine bar still open???

Options
  • 14-05-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

For anybody who passes this place regularly...

Have been trying to contact the Ormond wine bar regarding a function over the last few days. No answer on phone and was not open when we dropped by (although it was during opening hours). There is a sign on the door saying the opening hours have changed but nothing saying it has actually closed.

Any information appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I've seen it open in the past week I think.

Although the quality of the wine isn't as good as it was when the French guy used to manage it. We were recommended a bottle last time I was in and it was mediocre at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Thanks.

Mmm, will try them again and see if there is anyone at home! Maybe it was just bad luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Poster Boy

Ormond is still open, although they have curtailed the hours with dinners only presently available - I discovered this myself last week. Pity its not open anymore at lunchtime, as its south facing on the waterfront with seats outside and we are just coming into summer :(

Advertisement