Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Police Brutality - Why not snipers?

• 14-05-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Here's my darker mind thinking. So ya hear about all these cases of police brutality to protesting people.

Well, why not grab a sniper rifle and video camera. Record the wrong doing police officer beating the bajeesus outta the civilian, then pull the trigger of justice [on the cop]. Post the video online and put fear into the police :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

So you'd kill someone for beating up a hippie protestor (which is part of their job)? Especially when the protestor is of the 'Loike ohmygawd loike!' class, the policeman is doing us a favour.

We don't protest about serious issues in this country, only token topical issue people read in the Metro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Because it's illegal and immoral and wouldn't solve anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

One of the patients has gotten out again. Get the sedative and butterfly net.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Most of the time "police brutality" is overhyped. Its reactionary in the heat of the moment and with them videos you never see a dam thing before the start of the violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I think we should leave that kind of thing to the people who are responsible for civil obedience, like Batman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Confab wrote: »
    What?

Ya 'eard meh, is this not after hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Xios wrote: »
    Here's my darker mind thinking. So ya hear about all these cases of police brutality to protesting people.

Well, why not grab a sniper rifle and video camera. Record the wrong doing police officer beating the bajeesus outta the civilian, then pull the trigger of justice [on the cop]. Post the video online and put fear into the police :/

Fight crime with crime?

I like it Ted.

I think we should leave that kind of thing to the people who are responsible for civil obedience, like Batman.

Sounds more like something the Punisher would do. I've yet to see Batman use a sniper rifle. <snorts and adjusts glasses>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Because its fcukin retarded thats why not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Yeah, because I can just whip my sniper rifle out of my handbag easy as that and aim one-handedly while recording the shooting with the other hand. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I object to that word being used in that post, you clearly haven't been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

"Police Brutality", the shout of every drunk moron being dragged off to the paddy wagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Yeah, because I can just whip my sniper rifle out of my handbag easy as that and aim one-handedly while recording the shooting with the other hand. :eek:

Tripod....?

Senna wrote: »
    "Police Brutality", the shout of every drunk moron being dragged off to the paddy wagon.

................zzzhhhhh thread brutalitshhhhhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Tripod....?

My handbag isn't quite that big! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

Yeah man that sounds totally cool, like in a really dark way and stuff?

Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Yeah man that sounds totally cool, like in a really dark way and stuff?

You forgot to add "cuts self and listens to <insert emo band here>". :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Yeah, I mean sniping is easy.

Not incredibly nuanced.

Easy.

Glad we had this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Most of the victims of this brutality deserve it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sure, who needs courts and due process. We should all be given sniper rifles. See a young child throw an icecream wrapper on the ground, BANG, then post the video online and watch littering drop. Fab idea.

Yeah, I mean sniping is easy.

Not incredibly nuanced.

Easy.

Glad we had this thread.

Yeah I mean I'm an Elite headkill uber shooter person in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 7! Levelled up with no hacks so you know I got teh skillz!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

chin_grin wrote: »
    Yeah I mean I'm an Elite headkill uber shooter person in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 7! Levelled up with no hacks so you know I got teh skillz!

My granny has 1 of them hologram majigs that have gotten plenty of mention in the press lately. Has improved her targetting by lots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Confab wrote: »
    So you'd kill someone for beating up a hippie protestor (which is part of their job)? Especially when the protestor is of the 'Loike ohmygawd loike!' class, the policeman is doing us a favour.

We don't protest about serious issues in this country, only token topical issue people read in the Metro.

For the love of all things Irish no part of a police mans job is assault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Just set up a police to police the police.

For safety, set up another police to police the police who police the police.

Po-leeeese.............it's lost it's meaning now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

steddyeddy wrote: »

The unusual part of that post is that the poster is condoning assault of the middle class, such sentiment is normally reserved for the lower classes.

Glad to see the class deserves coming down I have to say.

Unless it's on his chips WHA!?

Regarding the snipering idea. I dont think capital punishment is the right way to deal with criminals . I do however think people should fight back when possible whenever assaulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

Your idea may hit one or two snags.
    I mean it all sounds very good but there is the problem that you'd first have to have a rifle and then simultaneously have a vantage point and the situation where theres a policeman beating someone.
    Now if all those three do actually come together then ,life-sentence aside, I say go for it.
    However you may find yourself waiting in a dark 5th floor room with your rifle for some time.
    But it will have been worth it, your conscience will be clear knowing that you took some womans husband and left some kids fatherless.

• Advertisement

Regarding the snipering idea. I dont think capital punishment is the right way to deal with criminals is the right way to go. I do however think people should fight back when possible whenever assaulted.

You mean batter them?

Right, I'll stop with the puns.

I don't agree with fighting back, I agree with 'defending yourself if provoked'. But unfortunately it's how it's spun by the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP details logged.

If you support snipering someone guilty of assault or murder op then I take it your in favour of capital punishement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There won't be any shooting at police here. We're not in London.
    /thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement