Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Demi Lovato?? Very strange choice had to google her and she's 19 :O

Can't see her being cut out for it tbh and she's incredibly young. How exactly is she qualified?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

My daughters watch her show on the Disney channel!

Not convinced she has the experience or maturity to mentor acts, tbh. Strange choice.

Perhaps Simon is attempting to draw in a younger audience or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

My daughters watch her show on the Disney channel!

Not convinced she has the experience or maturity to mentor acts, tbh. Strange choice.

Perhaps Simon is attempting to draw in a younger audience or something.

Demi's not been on Disney Channel in a few years and is one of America's most popular young singers right now, outshadowing Miley Cyrus etc so she was the fairly obvious choice to get a younger viewership for the show.

Forgot to add, just under two years ago she had a mental breakdown, after suffering from years of depression/self-harming/bulimia and it all spiralled out of control when on tour and she hit one of her backing dancers. Since then she's been to rehab, sorted her life out and released a number one album about the struggles and stuff she faced. Was one of the best selling albums of last year, actually. She's already sold out two American tours since the album was released and is currently planning a European tour!

Avox wrote: »
    Demi's not been on Disney Channel in a few years and is one of America's most popular young singers right now, outshadowing Miley Cyrus etc so she was the fairly obvious choice to get a younger viewership for the show.

Forgot to add, just under two years ago she had a mental breakdown, after suffering from years of depression/self-harming/bulimia and it all spiralled out of control when on tour and she hit one of her backing dancers. Since then she's been to rehab, sorted her life out and released a number one album about the struggles and stuff she faced. Was one of the best selling albums of last year, actually. She's already sold out two American tours since the album was released and is currently planning a European tour!

Oh I know she's had some success in the U.S alright (If I remember correctly, one of the XFUSA contestants from last year sang one of her songs during the live shows), but I'm still not convinced she has the adequate music business experience to mentor other acts quite yet.

Still, time will tell, I guess :)

Oh I know she's had some success in the U.S alright (If I remember correctly, one of the XFUSA contestants from last year sang one of her songs during the live shows), but I'm still not convinced she has the adequate music business experience to mentor other acts quite yet.

Still, time will tell, I guess :)

No offence, but she's had a lot more than "some" success. :)

Her first album has sold more than 500,000 copies in the US. Her second album has sold more than 450,000 copies in the US, as well as charting number one in the US Album chart. Her third and newest album has placed in the charts in over 17 countries, with the lead single selling over 1,000,000 copies in the US alone.

She won the 2011 People's Choice Award for Best Pop Artist along with numerous Teen Choice Awards.

• Advertisement

No offence, but she's had a lot more than "some" success. :)

Her first album has sold more than 500,000 copies in the US. Her second album has sold more than 450,000 copies in the US, as well as charting number one in the US Album chart. Her third and newest album has placed in the charts in over 17 countries, with the lead single selling over 1,000,000 copies in the US alone.

She won the 2011 People's Choice Award for Best Pop Artist along with numerous Teen Choice Awards.

Are you a fan by any chance... ;):D

Are you a fan by any chance... ;):D

Very much so! :P But I get your point, most Irish people who wouldn't be into her kind of music probably wouldn't know much about her success other than Disney Channel or one or two of her songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

God help her contestants if they mess up :p

While she may have had some success in the US, I think she is too young for a judging role besides her work for Disney more of her fame has came from her love life she dated one of the Jonas brothers and the fella Fiz from the 70s Show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    God help her contestants if they mess up :p

While she may have had some success in the US, I think she is too young for a judging role besides her work for Disney more of her fame has came from her love life she dated one of the Jonas brothers and the fella Fiz from the 70s Show

Some of her fame came from dating Joe Jonas, but she brought more fame to Fiz than he to her as it was after the release of her newest album and he wasn't exactly a celebrity status any more..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Can't see how she's qualified though to mentor. I heard she only had one top ten hit in US. In fairness Britney has a career covering 3 decades now. As well as that she's only 19! Very unusual choice.

• Advertisement

Justin Bieber even has a better and bigger career than her and is more known but he as well is too young to judge

I thought she was going to a host or co-host at first :o

Maybe Simon is getting the younger ladies as judges so he wont try and sleep with them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Britney_Spears

I'll only be watching it because of Britney, she is a legend, pop icon. Has 8 number 1 singles and 100million records sold worldwide. She is the biggest selling female artist of the 21st century. Her contestants are gonna be one lucky bunch

I'll only be watching it because of Britney, she is a legend, pop icon. Has 8 number 1 singles and 100million records sold worldwide. She is the biggest selling female artist of the 21st century. Her contestants are gonna be one lucky bunch

The fact she can't sing live will be a great help to them too

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Britney_Spears

The fact she can't sing live will be a great help to them too

Britney is very much so capable singing live, dancing and singing don't mix due too breathing control. Look it up on YouTube she has sung live

Starts Thursday at 8.30pm on TV3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

lockie1983 wrote: »

Looking forward to it :)

*tumbleweed*

Crikey it's quiet in here! Seems to be starting the same way as the UK one anyway, ten minutes of judges VT and contestant chatter so far, an ad break, and yet another five minutes introducing a contestant who's mad about Britney... oh, more contestant chatter VT...

Oh, finally, first contestant... nope, more contestant chatter...

Ok, here we go, *crosses fingers*, PLEASE be somewhat decent, please

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hello :-) she's ok, no MJB though - I'm very critical though!

leahyl wrote: »
    Hello :-) she's ok, no MJB though - I'm very critical though!

It's probably the stage audio that made her sound very muted, but Simon hit the nail on the head when he said she was "commercial with a capital C", stunning looking girl, song was terrible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

About 15 mins behind. What's with the blonde bitch and her sister???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

I love you Britney! :D

Looking forward to seeing that blonde girl they're kind of stitching up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Having these two as judges is like having a visually impaired person judging an art competition.

About 15 mins behind. What's with the blonde bitch and her sister???

Oh that was just contestant fluffer VT was all, yawnsome and irrelevant drivel really... :(

That 50 year old guy was ridiculous but at the same time Demi Lovato is like 21 so I think she's a bit young to be judging tbh

leahyl wrote: »
    That 50 year old guy was ridiculous but at the same time Demi Lovato is like 21 so I think she's a bit young to be judging tbh

Ah yeah but she's been thru more than your average 21 year old having been in front of the camera since she was a child, as opposed to a 50 year old who spent the last year wailing out in his garage! :D

Hmm, karaoke kid this chap! :rolleyes:

Thank christ Simon stopped him ruining one my favorite songs! :o

Oh just what the world needs- another Bieber! :(

That auto-tune comment was hilarious, loved simon's reaction :D

The camera caught it perfectly! :pac:

Lads it's been on 40 minutes and we've only seen three acts so far, and why do I think this blonde one is gonna be epic fail, kick up and strop off... :rolleyes:

The age limit on this show is way too young. That 13 year old is pretty good for his age but he'd be so much better and more credible in 4 or 5 years time. It's silly.

Jaysus she is awful

• Advertisement

The camera caught it perfectly! :pac:

Lads it's been on 40 minutes and we've only seen three acts so far, and why do I think this blonde one is gonna be epic fail, kick up and strop off... :rolleyes:

Jesus that high note gave me the shivers! :(

Advertisement