Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Yes, I prefer the UK version of X-Factor too! There's far too much lighting effects in the USA version. They are blinding at times - very distracting and totally unnecessary.

I thought Britney's choice was very difficult tonight. The young girl Diamond has amazing talent, but I think her youth may have been a deciding factor in getting her sent home.

Agree with the lighting and the sound was terrible as well. Nobody stood out for me as having an excellent performance because it seemed it was all about the production and not the voice.

Britneys category was always going to be the toughest to call. And there's always next year, Diamond will improve with age. The one thing that really annoys me about the teens is listening to precocious 13yr olds saying they've worked their 'whole life' for this. Seriously, you're barely a teenager, get a grip on yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Not only are the teenagers very talented but, as with a lot of American children, they are very precocious. Sometimes that can can be a little irritating - the fact that they are "old before their time". I think 13 as lowest entry age is setting the bar too low.

As with the Jimmie Savile affair in the BBC, it could be open to abuses developing - with all of these gorgeous "young things" hanging around.

But that probably could be whole new thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Eyepatch wrote: »
    As with the Jimmie Savile affair in the BBC, it could be open to abuses developing - with all of these gorgeous "young things" hanging around.

But that probably could be whole new thread!

I agree, 13 is too young, but to say it could open doors to them being abused is, frankly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I Am Kong! wrote: »

I agree, 13 is too young, but to say it could open doors to them being abused is, frankly ridiculous.

I'm sure their parents are close by most of the time, they were at judges houses.

At the very least the under 16s would have a guardian appointed to them.

LizT wrote: »
    I'm sure their parents are close by most of the time, they were at judges houses.

At the very least the under 16s would have a guardian appointed to them.

Yeah, true.

Abuse can occur at any time and most likely from a family member/friend.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Man that was one majorly disappointing show! Only Janelle and Emblem 3 came out of it without sounding like terrible karaoke singers.

Britney was an absolute disaster too - she just repeated the same thing to everyone. The presenters were awful and the sound mixing drowned out everyone's vocals. Makes me appreciate the UK version even more!

Not having seen the results yet, I'd expect Sister C, the teen guy, Jason and Paige to be going, although none of them besides Janelle and Emblem 3 would be any great loss after last night's debacle.

They came across as the most obnoxious bunch of toe-rags in the thing. Can't stand them, they look like there of there head on a punch of Cocaine at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

tdv123 wrote: »
    They came across as the most obnoxious bunch of toe-rags in the thing. Can't stand them, they look like there of there head on a punch of Cocaine at times.

I think they're gas and come across very likeable. Think they're real contenders to win it out.

Emblem 3:

Good lookin' lads, they're young, they're on X Factor, they're having fun!

Who at that age (guys especially) wouldn't act like that?

Let them be. They're fun and pretty decent too.

Anyone who says otherwise never lived when they were young! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ah now, at least they don't bang on about birth mothers, sob stories, how this is their 'last chance' and act like precocious stage school moppets. They just come across as normal, likeable lads to me (and I usually dislike groups in competitions like these).

Ah now, at least they don't bang on about birth mothers, sob stories, how this is their 'last chance' and act like precocious stage school moppets. They just come across as normal, likeable lads to me (and I usually dislike groups in competitions like these).

Well that's your opinion but in my opinion they look like a bunch of cocaine addicts.

I taught they put on a very good performance on the live shows but they looked like a bunch of obnoxious twats on results night when they got there named called & backstage as well.

Still think Carly is a better singer & comes of a much more likeable person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I Am Kong! wrote: »

I presume you would have had the same opinion a couple of years ago, if the same had been said about the Jim'll Fix It Show, where vulnerable 14-year-old girls were invited to be in the audience. When interviewed, some of the "victims" said they did what they were asked to do because they believed there was a price for being invited onto the show. IMO, abuses can occur, where there are people desperate enough to achieve something. Speaking hypothetically, of course.

You say they are at judges houses. What has that to do with it? Mostly they are not at judges houses because, in most cases, the "judges houses" are not where the judges actually live, but are other houses that have been rented for the purposes of the production.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

Well that's your opinion but in my opinion they look like a bunch of cocaine addicts.
    I thought this about Lyric145, not Emblem3.

Each to their own, but I find them very obnoxious. I think they could tonne it down just a bit. I have respect for anybody who doesn't have a sob story as well, so thats a plus I guess. Think that was one of the reasons David Correy got sent packing, the judges could see he was using that story for sympathy votes.

Still think Carly is the best in it by a slight bit. Think it's between her & Embelem3 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Simon screwed up by keeping Lyric145 :mad:

Stacey. wrote: »
    I thought this about Lyric145, not Emblem3.

Are they the rapers?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Are they the rapers?

They're the rappers.

LizT wrote: »
    They're the rappers.

Well when I listen to them it sounds like my ears are being raped.

I realized my typo by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Well when I listen to them it sounds like my ears are being raped.

:pac::pac: Looking at them makes me feel raped:confused: yeuch!

hefferboi wrote: »
    I think they're gas and come across very likeable. Think they're real contenders to win it out.

Yeah, I suppose there pretty good, they've kind of grown on me a bit actually.

But there's so many of these type of boy bands around, do we really need another one? I'd like to see someone a bit different & more unique win it.

Just found this........

What a f***ing voice this girl has. Incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Yeah, I suppose there pretty good, they've kind of grown on me a bit actually.

But there's so many of these type of boy bands around, do we really need another one? I'd like to see someone a bit different & more unique win it.

It's weird really. They're not you're typical boyband like 1D or The Wanted or even the 2 groups left in the UK X Factor in that they play all their own instruments. Their not quiet like a rock band either. I think they're a mix between the 2. And I don't think there's a group out there like them at the moment.

hefferboi wrote: »
    It's weird really. They're not you're typical boyband like 1D or The Wanted or even the 2 groups left in the UK X Factor in that they play all their own instruments. Their not quiet like a rock band either. I think they're a mix between the 2. And I don't think there's a group out there like them at the moment.

Yeah I suppose. I'd like to see them do something more down-tempo & less energetic, then they might win me over completely because I want to see some versatility.

Anyway if they win me over or not is irrelevant. According the American public & polls Embelem3, Jennel & Carly seem to be miles ahead of the rest. i wouldn't be surprised if there the final 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

mikeym wrote: »
    Simon screwed up by keeping Lyric145 :mad:
    Completely agree. I don't see them connecting with the public at all.
    Are they the rapers?
    *Rappers, but yes :D

Stacey. wrote: »
    Completely agree. I don't see them connecting with the public at all.

*Rappers, but yes :D

:pac: I know but I already acknowledge that :D

On at 12am on Fox for who ever wants to stream to it.

http://www.vipboxsports.eu/usa-tv/24052/1/usa-tv---fox-live-stream-online.html

Actually on an hour later tonight.

Best performance of the live shows so far - Carly Rose, Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Seen this earlier - wasn't surprised! They made
    a big mistake letting her go in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Unutterably absurd decision by Britney in the first place.

Advertisement