Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

they should really get britney a longer microphone... everytime she speaks she has to lean in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Bit of a joke them leaving the show.

One of the only acts with stage presence - which practically all the acts lack and it's one of the most important things to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

FFS, Jennell was my favourite :mad:

The usual suspects at the top again. Tate - boring, Carly - predictable, Vino - I really don't get him at all!

In all honesty, I'm not blown away by any of the acts this year. They all just seem so....manufactured or something. There's a certain fun quotient missing this year, I think.

I also think a lot of the song arrangements are way over produced and whoever is doing the sound mixing, really needs to stop drowning out the contestants with the backing tracks. I have real trouble hearing some of the vocals at times.

Not sure how much longer I'll keep watching, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The talent is so much better than the uk version but the live shows are just so boring. Can't even explain why, it's just so blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

LizT wrote: »
    The talent is so much better than the uk version but the live shows are just so boring. Can't even explain why, it's just so blah.

The presenters.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

FFS, Jennell was my favourite :mad:

The usual suspects at the top again. Tate - boring, Carly - predictable, Vino - I really don't get him at all!

In all honesty, I'm not blown away by any of the acts this year. They all just seem so....manufactured or something. There's a certain fun quotient missing this year, I think.

I also think a lot of the song arrangements are way over produced and whoever is doing the sound mixing, really needs to stop drowning out the contestants with the backing tracks. I have real trouble hearing some of the vocals at times.

Not sure how much longer I'll keep watching, tbh.

In what way did you think she was predictable? She hit's certain notes that many established artists could only dream of.

And Vino has the most powerful voice in the thing by a good bit. Who would you have picked to replace there positions?

And your pissed that Jennel is gone? Lol, give me break huh. Nothing special about her at all.

The presenters.

To be fair to Mario, he is fighting an uphill battle. Its embarrassing to watch when she gets the autocue wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Caught this on repeat yesterday evening and I must say total car crash! I can't bear the cringy lines BS & DL are spouting and as for the fake inter-judge sniping... and is it me or is that girl-group sounding like an alley cat fight club?

I bet SC is having sleepless nights about how badly it's going presenter wise. Steve Jones must be laughing his ass off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

tdv123 wrote: »
    In what way did you think she was predictable? She hit's certain notes that many established artists could only dream of.

And Vino has the most powerful voice in the thing by a good bit. Who would you have picked to replace there positions?

And your pissed that Jennel is gone? Lol, give me break huh. Nothing special about her at all.

Predictable - good voice, boring songs. 'My Heart Will Go On' ? Come on! Next week it will probably be a Mariah/Whitney/Christina song. I won't deny she has a good voice, there just doesn't seem to be much personality there for me.

Vino - I thought his performance started off terribly and it was a fairly dull performance after that. Unlike the judges, I think he has more of a rock voice than a soul voice. I didn't think the Al Green song suited his voice at all.

As for Jennel, yeah she was pretty special. Great voice, sparky personality and interesting songs. Still, I guess she wasn't safe enough for the US audience. They sure do like their cowboys and ballad singers!

Also, I just watched the results show there and I have to say Simon acted like a complete and utter pr!ck during the elimination. Two young women standing in front of him waiting to hear if they'll be voted off the show for good and Simon takes that oppurtunity to prolong the agony in order to score some points off Demi. I honestly wanted to smack that smug grin off his face.

This show has become a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Jennel didn't have as strong a voice as the other contestants, she hasn't really stood out at all during the live shows (although the over-production doesn't help) She was just alright, nothing special.

I thought Britneys song choices and production were very poor this week. Too slow, too boring. I nearly fell asleep during Beatrice Millers performance. The poor kid deserves better than that. Diamond didn't fare much better. In fairness to Carly she could sing the alphabet and make it good, although I really hate that titanic song.

• Advertisement

Predictable - good voice, boring songs. 'My Heart Will Go On' ? Come on! Next week it will probably be a Mariah/Whitney/Christina song. I won't deny she has a good voice, there just doesn't seem to be much personality there for me.

Vino - I thought his performance started off terribly and it was a fairly dull performance after that. Unlike the judges, I think he has more of a rock voice than a soul voice. I didn't think the Al Green song suited his voice at all.

As for Jennel, yeah she was pretty special. Great voice, sparky personality and interesting songs. Still, I guess she wasn't safe enough for the US audience. They sure do like their cowboys and ballad singers!

Also, I just watched the results show there and I have to say Simon acted like a complete and utter pr!ck during the elimination. Two young women standing in front of him waiting to hear if they'll be voted off the show for good and Simon takes that oppurtunity to prolong the agony in order to score some points off Demi. I honestly wanted to smack that smug grin off his face.

This show has become a farce.

Well when has she ever sang a huge mainstream pop ballad before that? If it was boring song that's not her fault. She's given an extremely hard song to pull off & she did a great job imo with what could be considered I suppose a poor song choice for her.

No it wasn't Vino's best performance but theres no doubting the man has a powerful voice. Maybe he should be singing more rock type of songs but it was a "diva" themed night he was all going to be out of his comfort zone.

Well that's your opinion of Jennel, I wasn't blown away by anything she did. 18 years old, great voice, sparkly personalty - US audiences love that type of shit. Problem is it's been done to death people want something different. That theme "diva" was made for imo & if she didn't connect with the audience that's her fault. And her sing off with Paige I'm sorry but I was having to strain my ears to hear what the hell she was singing. And based on the sing off I think the judges made the right decision to send her home. I agree Simon was a cunt for not letting it go to a public vote & prolonging the shit but oh well. The X-factor has always been farce imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,267 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened to Demi's eyebrows?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What happened to Demi's eyebrows?

Those things are eyebrows?? :O

I thought they were two caterpillars... horrific!

Speaking of horrific, is it just me or does Britney look out of it every week on it and it looks like she put on her own make up... :-/

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Those things are eyebrows?? :O

I thought they were two caterpillars... horrific!

Speaking of horrific, is it just me or does Britney look out of it every week on it and it looks like she put on her own make up... :-/

No it's not just not you everyone thinks she looks out of it. There's a comment at least every 2 pages on here about how "out of it" she looks.

She's probably on heavy medication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

No it's not just not you everyone thinks she looks out of it. There's a comment at least every 2 pages on here about how "out of it" she looks.

She's probably on heavy medication.

Sometimes I think it's medication, and then other times I think it's a lifetime of being "handled" by other people has led her to being incapable of really connecting with people herself. Maybe it's a mixture of both. Or maybe she's just not really good on television, she might be great backstage with her acts. Who knows?

Either way, someone needs to give her a thesaurus to find some new adjectives.

Sometimes I think it's medication, and then other times I think it's a lifetime of being "handled" by other people has led her to being incapable of really connecting with people herself. Maybe it's a mixture of both. Or maybe she's just not really good on television, she might be great backstage with her acts. Who knows?

Either way, someone needs to give her a thesaurus to find some new adjectives.

This is my biggest problem with her. I really couldn't care if she looks out of it or not if she was able to interact & have some banter (not the obvious forced banter she has) with the other judges she'd be better.

Like after Cece's performance the other night she said "I just don't get it". What's to get? She sang, you either think it was good or bad. And Demi after having a go at L.A for hammering Cece, Demi was obviously pretty afraid to say anything back to Britney.

I know she suffers from ADHD & I think Anxiety as well so she is on some medication.

But I think you hit the nail on the head - she's not a very good television personality above everything else.

She does seem to like working with the kids & seems very protective of them & genuinely seems to care about them, like she doesn't want to see get fucked over like she said herself. So maybe she's is good backstage but when the cameras on here she is pretty woeful alright.

This is my biggest problem with her. I really couldn't care if she looks out of it or not if she was able to interact & have some banter (not the obvious forced banter she has) with the other judges she'd be better.

Like after Cece's performance the other night she said "I just don't get it". What's to get? She sang, you either think it was good or bad. And Demi after having a go at L.A for hammering Cece, Demi was obviously pretty afraid to say anything back to Britney.

I know she suffers from ADHD & I think Anxiety as well so she is on some medication.

But I think you hit the nail on the head - she's not a very good television personality above everything else.

She does seem to like working with the kids & seems very protective of them & genuinely seems to care about them, like she doesn't want to see get fucked over like she said herself. So maybe she's is good backstage but when the cameras on here she is pretty woeful alright.

Well, I'd say she's definitely on medication, without a doubt. I'm not a psychiatrist, but that rough period she was going through a few years ago had all the hallmarks of depression and anxiety, so I'd say she's definitely on something to keep her head in order. She hasn't seemed quite right in years.

She does seem to genuinely like children though, and I do think she's doing the best mentoring job overall. She's just not great on the judging side of things - she says the same thing to practically everyone. All the same words all the time. Nothing enlightening or interesting at all.

Demi Lovato is far more annoying to me. Britney is a bit of a zombie, but at least she has the claim that she's been a pretty ground-breaking pop star who has a knack for picking a tune, and she does seem like quite a nice woman (even though she doesn't really have much to say). That Demi Lovato though is just an almighty pain in the ass. I give her 10/10 for effort, cos she does try really hard, but she loves the sound of her own voice and she just comes across as really obnoxious to me. I think she thinks she's far more credible an artist than she actually is. I also really get the impression from her that she feels threatened by certain people and comes across as unnecessarily hostile at times. Something about her just doesn't sit well with me.

The American X-Factor is a ****ing ****fest this week.

Great stuff from Vino tonight hope he's in the final, he's much better than Tate who was very boring tonight. You could just copy & paste Tate's performance from last week into the show & you wouldn't notice the difference.

Carly's just in a different class to everyone else. Can't really see anybody stopping her from winning the show.

Everybody else was pretty rubbish & forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Just turned on american xfactor, was watching young apprentice.... I see someone told Simon about his dropped right jowl.:p He's holding it up with his right thumb when he speaks. Big money repair job with new plastic surgeon;). Like 5th harmony, nice

• Advertisement

Some story there about Beatrice's family,she' a nice lil' singer too. Vino really
    hitting the spot for the votes, don't like looking at him(creepy:() nice to listen to
    but not to see.

That CeCe is terrible.

Paige out of tune whole song, and too emotional, not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Vino was AMAZING!!! Whatever about the song he sang, his voice is incredible!!

Thought Diamond White was great too

leahyl wrote: »
    Thought Diamond White was great too

She is incredibly mature sounding for her age.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Omg Carly Rose!! LA is so right - she is a freak of nature! The tears were rolling down my face - such a beautiful performance - I'm a sucker for this stuff :-P

Heard enough of Arin and Cece, in the recap to not want to hear either of them again,ever. Carly,well,it is a pleasure to see and listen to her beautiful voice, a young fresh Judy Garland genre, hopefully minus poor Judy's pitfalls and wrong management. She is out on her own, would buy her cds yesterday:P

Didn't like the song Vino sang. He sang it well, but those super patriotic songs make me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Vino looks kind of like Channing Tatum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The sob stories are completely OTT.

Advertisement