Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

Can that ape from Emblem3 get any more annoying?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 matty876

Anyone else hear this rumour that simon cowell and cherly cole may be leaving usa and coming to the UK to do the x factor here? ?

http://www.tocachat.com/discussion/cheryl-cole-meets-simon-cowell---anyone-want-to-guess-what-they-were-talking-about-

Makes sense as the x factor really suffers without them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

tdv123 wrote: »
    Paige
    gone straight home
    Vino
    gone home in the sing off with
    Diamond
    No change between the top 2
    &
    E3
    move into 3rd.

Oh no
    vino is gone
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I like Simon but he's being a real dick to Demi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Can that ape from Emblem3 get any more annoying?

Which one? There's 3 annoying apess in Emblem3.

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh no
    vino is gone
    :(

I was very surprised by it as well.

matty876 wrote: »
    Anyone else hear this rumour that simon cowell and cherly cole may be leaving usa and coming to the UK to do the x factor here? ?

http://www.tocachat.com/discussion/cheryl-cole-meets-simon-cowell---anyone-want-to-guess-what-they-were-talking-about-

Makes sense as the x factor really suffers without them

How old is that? Cheryl Cole did 2 shows on the US version last year & hasn't appeared at all on this seasons show(which is a great thing).

"My dick died can I bury it in your pu"

What a bunch of absolute pr!cks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

"My dick died can I bury it in your pu"

What a bunch of absolute pr!cks.

I've never liked them. Don't see what anyone else is seeing in them. They're a bunch of arrogant little sh*ts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

It's the constantly-shirtless-showing-off-"d'muscles" that makes me sick...changing channel every time I see them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

The brothers are not as bad as the loose cannon with the big ego and the little
    brain. Airhead:mad:, his arrogance will finish their career before it get's started.
    Pity, they can really sing, but immature self narcissism ain't an attractive
    trait:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Gutted Vino is gone. I had hoped he would win it. He has such a great voice. Cowell should have sent it to deadlock.

Can't believe Cece is still there. I'm not that fond of any of the remaining contestants now so may not watch it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm done with this series now. Just not connecting to any of the acts left this year, so really don't care who wins (although thanks to the awful decision to reveal the voting this year, that's not going to be much of a shock to anyone). The awful sob stories are gone beyond tiresome as well.

Also, I'm finding it kind of uncomfortable how sneery Simon has been towards Demi this season. Critiquing her choices is one thing, but he seems to delight in being rude to her every week for some weird reason. In her place, I'd tell Simon where to stick his job next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

This seres is so bad. I don't understand why they eliminate an act automatically each week as well! Khloe is a terrible host, I don't have any emotional attachment to any of the acts. Britney is a terrible judge as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

my 2centz on the series.
    Demi ain't that good of a judge she is alright though, seems quite genuine, especially compared to Britney. Britney is just awful, she just randomly says stuff and she seems sooo fake, she's probably just a bit insane in the membrane.
    I agree Simon is a bit of an arsehole to Demi, totally uncalled for, especially as Demi is so young.
    The presenters are awful, Khloe is always making mistakes haha, she seems genuine enough though, yer man is even worse, completely forgettable and generic. They were never going to get anybody as good as Dermot though :cool:
    The contestants, Carly is obviously amazing! Emeblem 3 are soo american pop boring, I like the country fella he's good and there's always a market for that kind of thing in the states, Diamond is v. good but she just doesn't 'bring it' every time. She also seems very full of herself, and not just confident, just my impression. Paige I actually loved from her first audition, but most of her live show performances have been ****e, I feel like it's Demi's fault tbh. I'm sad to see her go cos I think she's fab but she didn't deserve to be there based on her performances. The girl band just bore me to death, not feeling it girls. Cece is a funny girl, I like her, can't see her getting a deal and selling much records though. I suppose I would like Carly to win but I don't really care.
    My favourite person in it was lyricdaqueen, she was fab :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I think Britney has some of the smartest judge's comments. She knows the game.

I just think people are so caught up in the tabloid version of her that they fail to see the knowledge of music she has.
    She's been the best mentor and knows the business and music better than most 'credible' artists.
    Not every judging comment has to be a speech.

Demi gets it right quite a bit but her one-up-man-ship with Simon is ruining it.

I hope Tate comes second. I really like him and would love for him to have the freedom to record on his own. He would fit in with the country scene here perfectly.

Carly Rose has an incredible voice, but there's something off about her. Perhaps it's her confidence that comes across as arrogance.

I think Britney has some of the smartest judge's comments. She knows the game.

I just think people are so caught up in the tabloid version of her that they fail to see the knowledge of music she has.
    She's been the best mentor and knows the business and music better than most 'credible' artists.
    Not every judging comment has to be a speech.

Demi gets it right quite a bit but her one-up-man-ship with Simon is ruining it.

I hope Tate comes second. I really like him and would love for him to have the freedom to record on his own. He would fit in with the country scene here perfectly.

Carly Rose has an incredible voice, but there's something off about her. Perhaps it's her confidence that comes across as arrogance.

Well that makes no sense. You'd rather have her be less confident & to give even worse performances? Confidence is a plus not a negative.

If you could give me one example were she came across as arrogant that would be welcome. She's always very humble when she's getting all the praise (and rightfully so), never moans, complains or throws tantrums unlike some of the other contestants on the show.

I don't think Carly Rose is arrogant, but I'm just weirded out by children being in the spotlight. I think 13 is incredibly young to be in a situation like this, being critiqued week after week and moulded into something. She's too young to even know what she's about herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

I don't know quite what it is, but I really dislike Diamond White...there's something very off-putting about her (apart from her stupid name).

I don't think Carly Rose is arrogant, but I'm just weirded out by children being in the spotlight. I think 13 is incredibly young to be in a situation like this, being critiqued week after week and moulded into something. She's too young to even know what she's about herself.

Most of the people on any of these shows don't know what there about.

She's an extremely smart girl & knows exactly what she wants to do with her life. I think the part in bold could be applied to the other teenagers (and older contestants) in the contest but not Carly.

• Advertisement

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    I don't know quite what it is, but I really dislike Diamond White...there's something very off-putting about her (apart from her stupid name).

She's too young & still doesn't know what she's doing with her life.

Most of the people on any of these shows don't know what there about.

She's an extremely smart girl & knows exactly what she wants to do with her life. I think the part in bold could be applied to the other teenagers (and older contestants) in the contest but not Carly.

How do you know she knows what she's doing? She's thirteen years old. She's a kid. Kids I know don't have a clue what they're doing. One day they want to be a doctor, the next day they want to be a popstar. She's a baby. She has a lot of growing up to do and developing. And this goes for all kids in competitions like this.

I just don't think that kids, who are still in the process of figuring out their own identities, should be put in these positions where they're in the glare of the spotlight being critiqued and scrutinised. There's nothing normal or healthy about it and for the most part I don't think that it's totally of their own choice that they're doing it. I think a lot of them end up there because of pushy parents. If they do want to do it themselves, then I think it's the responsibility of the parents to do what's right by their kid and protect them. If my child said they wanted to take part in a singing competition so the likes of Simon Cowell could judge them in front of millions of people and tell them what they should or shouldn't be, I wouldn't allow it.

Look at Britney Spears ffs. A former child star who is now, by all appearances, drugged up to her eyeballs just to keep herself sane. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to be a kid in the spotlight.

How do you know she knows what she's doing? She's thirteen years old. She's a kid. Kids I know don't have a clue what they're doing. One day they want to be a doctor, the next day they want to be a popstar. She's a baby. She has a lot of growing up to do and developing. And this goes for all kids in competitions like this.

I just don't think that kids, who are still in the process of figuring out their own identities, should be put in these positions where they're in the glare of the spotlight being critiqued and scrutinised. There's nothing normal or healthy about it and for the most part I don't think that it's totally of their own choice that they're doing it. I think a lot of them end up there because of pushy parents. If they do want to do it themselves, then I think it's the responsibility of the parents to do what's right by their kid and protect them. If my child said they wanted to take part in a singing competition so the likes of Simon Cowell could judge them in front of millions of people and tell them what they should or shouldn't be, I wouldn't allow it.

Look at Britney Spears ffs. A former child star who is now, by all appearances, drugged up to her eyeballs just to keep herself sane. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to be a kid in the spotlight.

She's been on Broadway, she sings at any chance she can get no matter how big the audience, it's just something she love to do.

I know a lot kids like that as well but none of them are Carly. This girl really has her head screwed on & is very dedicated at what she does.

I doubt her parents are pushing her to do it, if anything there more nurturing her talent.

This girl is going to blow up sooner or later (probably). Kids these days just cope with pressure than previous generations. Not every popstar is going to go nuts & shave there head like Britney.

JOJO was 13 when she released a hit single & she's handled herself well.

She's been on Broadway, she sings at any chance she can get no matter how big the audience, it's just something she love to do.

I know a lot kids like that as well but none of them are Carly. This girl really has her head screwed on & is very dedicated at what she does.

I doubt her parents are pushing her to do it, if anything there more nurturing her talent.

This girl is going to blow up sooner or later (probably). Kids these days just cope with pressure than previous generations. Not every popstar is going to go nuts & shave there head like Britney.

JOJO was 13 when she released a hit single & she's handled herself well.

I don't really know how you can know any of this. I mean, yes, she's talented, but she is a child. She's still going to be talented when she's in her 20s. I just don't agree with raising children in the spotlight, and especially in a situation like this where they're being criticised every week and having their personalities and appearances manipulated. It's not healthy for someone who is still in the stages of growing up. Why does it have to be pushed so aggressively from such a young age anyway? Why not just go to school and muck about and do all that fun stuff that kids do, and then go and create a career? What's with the urgency to push children into careers from such a young age?

Also, it wasn't exactly that long ago that Britney was a child star. Same with the likes of Lindsay Lohan. It's got nothing to do with generations anyway, it's to do with the lack of normality in a showbiz life at such a young age. When you're being criticised and told what to do, how to behave, what kind of person you should be all the time by so many different people, it affects you. It doesn't matter what generation you're from (if anything I'd say it's even worse in this media-intrusive, online generation). I also don't think that there's anything to prove that kids these days cope with pressure any better. Children shouldn't have to cope with that kind of pressure anyway.

I don't really know how you can know any of this. I mean, yes, she's talented, but she is a child. She's still going to be talented when she's in her 20s. I just don't agree with raising children in the spotlight, and especially in a situation like this where they're being criticised every week and having their personalities and appearances manipulated. It's not healthy for someone who is still in the stages of growing up. Why does it have to be pushed so aggressively from such a young age anyway? Why not just go to school and muck about and do all that fun stuff that kids do, and then go and create a career? What's with the urgency to push children into careers from such a young age?

Also, it wasn't exactly that long ago that Britney was a child star. Same with the likes of Lindsay Lohan. It's got nothing to do with generations anyway, it's to do with the lack of normality in a showbiz life at such a young age. When you're being criticized and told what to do, how to behave, what kind of person you should be all the time by so many different people, it affects you. It doesn't matter what generation you're from (if anything I'd say it's even worse in this media-intrusive, online generation). I also don't think that there's anything to prove that kids these days cope with pressure any better. Children shouldn't have to cope with that kind of pressure anyway.

Oh pishhh. Young people are criticized & have there personalities & looks manipulated from peer pressure as well & that also affects you. Guess that means children shouldn't be allowed go to school either.

I don't see it as an age issue at all I see it as a personality issue.

The fact is the producers have lowed the age to 13. I don't know why didn't bring this rant up when the show started 2 years ago if felt strongly about.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oh pishhh. Young people are criticized & have there personalities & looks manipulated from peer pressure as well & that also affects you. Guess that means children shouldn't be allowed go to school either.

It's not the same thing at all. Going to school, interacting with friends and developing your personality in that way doesn't happen on a national or international stage. It allows you to make mistakes without everyone in the world having an opinion on it and criticising you for it. I honestly don't see how you don't think that there's anything at all wrong with putting young children on shows like this to have them scrutinised and judged by strangers.
    I don't see it as an age issue at all I see it as a personality issue.

The fact is the producers have lowed the age to 13. I don't know why didn't bring this rant up when the show started 2 years ago if felt strongly about.

I don't see it as a personality issue at all. I think it's nurture over nature.

And I've always thought it about shows like this. What difference does it make if we talk about then or now? Someone mentioned something about Carly Rose, and I just said that I didn't think that children of that age should really be put in these situations. I stand by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Well that makes no sense. You'd rather have her be less confident & to give even worse performances? Confidence is a plus not a negative.

If you could give me one example were she came across as arrogant that would be welcome. She's always very humble when she's getting all the praise (and rightfully so), never moans, complains or throws tantrums unlike some of the other contestants on the show.

Where did I say she should be less confident and perform worse?
    You can have confidence and be sure of yourself with being arrogant. I just happen to think that the girl has an air of arrogance about her that I don't like.

She's very talented and I hope it works out for her in the long term.

I think you are the one contradicting yourself.
    In one sentence you claim someone is too young to know what she's doing with her life and the next you praise Carly for knowing everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Where did I say she should be less confident and perform worse?
    You can have confidence and be sure of yourself with being arrogant. I just happen to think that the girl has an air of arrogance about her that I don't like.

She's very talented and I hope it works out for her in the long term.

I think you are the one contradicting yourself.
    In one sentence you claim someone is too young to know what she's doing with her life and the next you praise Carly for knowing everything.

I think she comes across as the least arrogant of all the kids. She actually seems very humble taking praise from the judges. While I do agree that her parents do seem the pushy stage school type, they do also come across as a close family, she adores her brother and likewise he seems to dote on her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I agree with Da Shins Kelly. Carly, talented though she may be, is in the wrong situation. Carly seems mature for her age, but IMO, still has a lot of "growing" to do before she will be ready to cope with all of this. IMO, age 13 is setting the bar way too low for this competition.

Also, as far as judges go, I think age 20 is too young too.

For that reason, I hope Tate wins.

Advertisement