Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I love the banter between Demi and Simon lmao

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

It's not the same thing at all. Going to school, interacting with friends and developing your personality in that way doesn't happen on a national or international stage. It allows you to make mistakes without everyone in the world having an opinion on it and criticising you for it. I honestly don't see how you don't think that there's anything at all wrong with putting young children on shows like this to have them scrutinised and judged by strangers.

I don't see it as a personality issue at all. I think it's nurture over nature.

And I've always thought it about shows like this. What difference does it make if we talk about then or now? Someone mentioned something about Carly Rose, and I just said that I didn't think that children of that age should really be put in these situations. I stand by that.

Well there actually all very good points & I agree with that. I thought you had some personal agenda against Carly. But I understand now your problem is that you think it's morally wrong for kids that age to be thrown into the spotlight & I agree with that.

But at this point I think it's irrelevant, the fact is she's the best in the show & she deserves to win.

Where did I say she should be less confident and perform worse?
    You can have confidence and be sure of yourself with being arrogant. I just happen to think that the girl has an air of arrogance about her that I don't like.

She's very talented and I hope it works out for her in the long term.

I think you are the one contradicting yourself.
    In one sentence you claim someone is too young to know what she's doing with her life and the next you praise Carly for knowing everything.

No, Carly is a lot more mature for her age, Diamond on the other hand isn't that mature.

Could you give me one example were she came across as arrogant?

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I love the banter between Demi and Simon lmao

I liked it during the audition stages but it's becoming a bit awkward on the live shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

tdv123 wrote: »
    Well there actually all very good points & I agree with that. I thought you had some personal agenda against Carly. But I understand now your problem is that you think it's morally wrong for kids that age to be thrown into the spotlight & I agree with that.

But at this point I think it's irrelevant, the fact is she's the best in the show & she deserves to win.

No, no! Absolutely nothing against the kid. I think she has talent, for sure, and is probably going to be big in some aspect of show business, whether she wins the show or not. My issue is more with the producers of these shows who think it's appropriate for kids her age to be thrust into the spotlight like that, and I would also question the judgement of the parents.

• Advertisement

No, no! Absolutely nothing against the kid. I think she has talent, for sure, and is probably going to be big in some aspect of show business, whether she wins the show or not. My issue is more with the producers of these shows who think it's appropriate for kids her age to be thrust into the spotlight like that, and I would also question the judgement of the parents.

Alright I get you now.

Semi-finals tonight think everyone is doing 2 songs again. With just 4 acts left there's going to be a lot of filler time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Well here we go, semi-final time.Usual comperes,stuttering through the
    autocue,:rolleyes: two songs each. Tate's 1st was usual Tate, bland.Carl Rose, just fabulous.
    Britney so out of it,she's calling the competition the composition:eek:Now emblem3coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Nobody should be allowed cover Imagine.....end of.

Carly rose's version of "Imagine" disappointing. Britney's mentoring there poor, and very suspect.
    looking forward to Emblem 3. Tate's 2nd song was ...well Tate, nice guy but boring

• Advertisement

Emblem 3 smashed it, the two brothers are brilliant singers. If they could get rid
    of the other clown, looper doubled up crab crawling hand grabbing loud mouthed twat.
    He's already nearly lost them their chance with his unpredictable behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just watched Fifth Harmony performances on YouTube - I love them, I think they're brilliant and don't get the praise they deserve! I'm rooting for them to win!!

Results show in just over an hour, all the performances were pretty weak last night except for Carly's "Your Song" & both of 5H's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I was watching it earlier on ITV2 as it had it on for 2hrs, but i see TV3 had only had it on for an hour?

Emblem 3 are improving, Tate nice but boring, Carly Rae impressive voice but is she too young to win it?
    Fifth Harmony looks like on their way out as they were covering the same song as James Arthur, maybe a bit of influence from Simon knowing James done well with it, we'll know tomoro.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I was watching it earlier on ITV2 as it had it on for 2hrs, but i see TV3 had only had it on for an hour?

Emblem 3 are improving, Tate nice but boring, Carly Rae impressive voice but is she too young to win it?
    Fifth Harmony looks like on their way out as they were covering the same song as James Arthur, maybe a bit of influence from Simon knowing James done well with it, we'll know tomoro.

They covered the song before James Arthur. They did it at bootcamp already.

Final 3 -
    Tate, 5H & Carly (so happy for)
    just the final I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

tdv123 wrote: »
    Final 3 -
    Tate, 5H & Carly (so happy for)
    just the final I wanted.

Woohoo!!:D Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The guest artists seem to be same that were on the UK show as well this season

It's kinda funny that the final 3 just basically do the same type of song & performance each week.

Maybe the lesson there is stick to what your good at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I'm thinking Tate will win it. For some reason, Carli's personality does not come across very strongly, and this will come against her in the final, I think. Fifth Harmony did extremely well to get to the final. IMO.

• Advertisement

In a press conference today Britney announced that the 13-year-old chose
    Leann Rimes as her duet partner for Wednesday’s finale.

“I think she’s amazing,” Carly Rose weighed in on the decision.

L.A. Reid also announced that future country star Tate Stevens will be
    performing with Little Big Town. In the least shocking announcement of the day,
    Simon shared that his last group, Fifth Harmony will perform with fellow judge Demi
    Lovato.

“Kinda irritating to say, the person we’ve decided to duet with is Demi
    Lovato,” Cowell joked. This is the perfect pairing considering the group had two
    of their best performances with Demi hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Reports suggesting LeAnn Rimes was a little worse for wear in her duet with Carly. Curiosity got the better of me anyway and watched it, could barely look at it for 10 seconds, there was definitely something off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Carly looked absolutely disgusted, as if she's not used to losing and always gets praised all the time. Even when she was given the slightest bit of negative feedback during her live show performance it looked like she was ready to cry. Fair play to Tate, glad he won.

Yay Tate won :cool:

Well done Tate. Didn't think he was the best but fair play all the same.

Carly looked absolutely disgusted, as if she's not used to losing and always gets praised all the time. Even when she was given the slightest bit of negative feedback during her live show performance it looked like she was ready to cry. Fair play to Tate, glad he won.

I noticed this as well. She didn't even make it past the auditions for AI so I doubt it's the first time she's ever got negative feedback. When you have such high praise from such famous people all the time & media telling you that you have it in the bag at 13 years old it can go to your head. It's a good argument for the age limit to be put up higher.

Reports suggesting LeAnn Rimes was a little worse for wear in her duet with Carly. Curiosity got the better of me anyway and watched it, could barely look at it for 10 seconds, there was definitely something off.

She looked tipsy, definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

They are advertizing for entrants for next year and they have put the age limit "twelve, or over". The thought strikes me they have set the age-limit so low in order to "sweep up" up any possible talent, before other recording companies pick up on them. IMO, age 12, 13 is way too low, taking welfare of child into account.

While Carly Rose has an amazing voice, where does this leave her? What are her chances of being able to revert to being a normal school-girl?

When Subo, after all the hype, came just 2nd on X-Factor UK, she had a complete break-down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Eyepatch wrote: »
    They are advertizing for entrants for next year and they have put the age limit "twelve, or over". The thought strikes me they have set the age-limit so low in order to "sweep up" up any possible talent, before other recording companies pick up on them. IMO, age 12, 13 is way too low, taking welfare of child into account.

While Carly Rose has an amazing voice, where does this leave her? What are her chances of being able to revert to being a normal school-girl?

When Subo, after all the hype, came just 2nd on X-Factor UK, she had a complete break-down.

I don't think Carly was a 'normal' schoolgirl in the first instance. She definitely had some stage school training, and had sung on broadway. She was already on the ladder so to speak.

She will get a contract of some sort. Last year Rachel Crow got her own Disney show (the same route as Britney, Demi, Christina etc) so the same could be in the pipeline for her.

And Subo was in Britains got talent rather than Xfactor. She was never set up to deal with any kind of attention, far from it, she was the girl who was told she was stupid/handicapped at school and accepted it. 40 years later she's on a pedestal and naturally has a bit of trouble dealing with it.

• Advertisement

12 and thirteen is far too young to be on shows like this. I would question the judgement of the parents as much as I'd question the likes of Simon Cowell with regards to that.

Advertisement