Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor USA 2012

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

12 and thirteen is far too young to be on shows like this. I would question the judgement of the parents as much as I'd question the likes of Simon Cowell with regards to that.

I don't think you could blame the parents for being manipulated by Simon Cowell.

Simon Cowell lowers the age limit to 12 & you don't expect any 12/13 year old's to show up? Is it really any different from parents taking there kids out for pilot season when a director needs to cast a child for a television show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I don't think Carly was a 'normal' schoolgirl in the first instance. She definitely had some stage school training, and had sung on broadway. She was already on the ladder so to speak.

She will get a contract of some sort. Last year Rachel Crow got her own Disney show (the same route as Britney, Demi, Christina etc) so the same could be in the pipeline for her.

And Subo was in Britains got talent rather than Xfactor. She was never set up to deal with any kind of attention, far from it, she was the girl who was told she was stupid/handicapped at school and accepted it. 40 years later she's on a pedestal and naturally has a bit of trouble dealing with it.

Thanks for the correction re Subo being on BGT! My mistake! I have serious doubts about Carly Rose taking up a professional career at this age. I watched her reactions to the VT's of her family, friends and Teachers during the last performance. She showed no emotion whatsoever. Tate cried on seeing the people who were supporting him. There's something about Carly that's not quite right, IMO. Maybe a sense of entitlement - I can't quite put my finger on it. She seems to be quite reserved in her personality. The children who make it from a young age on stage are generally very extrovert and outgoing, but CR seems to be lacking where this is concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

tdv123 wrote: »
    I don't think you could blame the parents for being manipulated by Simon Cowell.

Simon Cowell lowers the age limit to 12 & you don't expect any 12/13 year old's to show up? Is it really any different from parents taking there kids out for pilot season when a director needs to cast a child for a television show?

Just because parents bring their children to audition for television shows doesn't make it right. It's still very questionable parenting.

I blame the parents as much as I blame Simon Cowell. Cowell wants to snap up all the talent before other records companies do, and pushy parents fall for it. I can't imagine any responsible or good parent pushing their child to be a super star pop singer at 13 years old. I would never allow it for my own child. What's the urgency? Why are they so keen? It's all very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

love country and western singers. so fell in love with Tate Stevens. so very happy he won as well!!

Just because parents bring their children to audition for television shows doesn't make it right. It's still very questionable parenting.

I blame the parents as much as I blame Simon Cowell. Cowell wants to snap up all the talent before other records companies do, and pushy parents fall for it. I can't imagine any responsible or good parent pushing their child to be a super star pop singer at 13 years old. I would never allow it for my own child. What's the urgency? Why are they so keen? It's all very weird.

Well said, Da Shins! I think, in the long run, it adds up to exploitation of young children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Thanks for the correction re Subo being on BGT! My mistake! I have serious doubts about Carly Rose taking up a professional career at this age. I watched her reactions to the VT's of her family, friends and Teachers during the last performance. She showed no emotion whatsoever. Tate cried on seeing the people who were supporting him. There's something about Carly that's not quite right, IMO. Maybe a sense of entitlement - I can't quite put my finger on it. She seems to be quite reserved in her personality. The children who make it from a young age on stage are generally very extrovert and outgoing, but CR seems to be lacking where this is concerned.
    She already is a professional though.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    She already is a professional though.
    Pushing her into a show like X-Factor is way over the top, IMO.

At age 13, she needs to be in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I wonder will Tate Stevens be an international hit?

Well I'd agree with all of that actually but why bring it up now? America & Britain's got talent has been going on for years & has no age restriction.

Did you make the same complaint when Jackie Evancho was on?

mikeym wrote: »
    I wonder will Tate Stevens be an international hit?

A star in the States but not an international one.

• Advertisement

Well I'd agree with all of that actually but why bring it up now? America & Britain's got talent has been going on for years & has no age restriction.

Did you make the same complaint when Jackie Evancho was on?

Why does it matter when it's brought up? The fact remains the same.

Why does it matter when it's brought up? The fact remains the same.

Yes, because you want to be consistent in your outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A star in the States but not an international one.

I dont know Garth Brooks was big worldwide and I think country music is getting big here and in the UK again, Brad Paisley sold out lot of shows last year

Britney and LA Reid are gone so who now will Simon recruit for Season 3?

He should try and get a country artist

Yes, because you want to be consistent in your outrage.

Well, I think the same about any show that thrusts kids into the spotlight like that. Of course I think the same about those shows as I do about the X Factor. Why would it be any different?

Well, I think the same about any show that thrusts kids into the spotlight like that. Of course I think the same about those shows as I do about the X Factor. Why would it be any different?

This is the first time I've seen you or anybody else bring the issue up on here (correct me if I'm wrong), that's why.

Just feels a bit like you have a personal agenda against this show in particular.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I dont know Garth Brooks was big worldwide and I think country music is getting big here and in the UK again, Brad Paisley sold out lot of shows last year

Britney and LA Reid are gone so who now will Simon recruit for Season 3?

He should try and get a country artist

Garth Brooks brought something different to the table. Tate just have generic bland country voice.

I can see some of the runners-up being more successful imo.

I liked this article
    For our Tuesday version of “X Factor” USA notes, we are starting things out by discussing charity; namely, what Carly Rose Sonenclar has decided to do to give back to some children in need, which is something that we don’t often see many young teenagers choose to do. In a post on Twitter Monday night, Carly showed off a group photo she took from “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” on Broadway, and it featured some special guests other than the man standing front and center in Reeve Carney. The children with Carly are all from the Starlight Children’s Foundation, which works to help support sick children and make some of their dreams come true. The timing for this event is rather coincidental, given that the West Coast branch of the foundation was featured on Monday night’s episode of “The Bachelor.”
    Even before appearing on “The X Factor,” Carly had a history of performing on stage, so there was really no better way to combine some of her interests with a desire to give back. Tate Stevens also did some work with the St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, so we are overall dealing with quite a group of talented contestants.

Apparently Tate already has a tone o songs done already so his Album should be out in the first half of this year.

Even tho this was one of the worst X-Factor seasons ever I really miss watching Tate & Carly. Hope they both make it big.

This is the first time I've seen you or anybody else bring the issue up on here (correct me if I'm wrong), that's why.

Just feels a bit like you have a personal agenda against this show in particular.

Well, I don't. :confused: I have a personal agenda against any show that pushes children into the spotlight. Didn't realise that was such a terrible thing.

Well, I don't. :confused: I have a personal agenda against any show that pushes children into the spotlight. Didn't realise that was such a terrible thing.

It's not a terrible thing (although I think some people might see it as a little ageist, I wouldn't but I think some people would).

Have you done anything to help stop it other than telling people on boards.ie how bad it is? Any protest marches with picket signs with "DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING" written on them or anything like that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement