Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth 10K

Options
  • 14-05-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Not sure if this has already been started, but is anyone doing this on Sunday???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

Dermo09 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has already been started, but is anyone doing this on Sunday???

I am interested in this race. Anybody know the course, is it accurate, hilly? Any info would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

NiallG4 wrote: »
    I am interested in this race. Anybody know the course, is it accurate, hilly? Any info would be great

http://runkeeper.com/user/pwalshe/route

Flat until 6km , then a slight downhill and back up again at 9km, seems fine, see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Ya registered a few days ago for this. The relief of the course looks good for a 10km run, very little up hill running. If the weather is good (let's hope!) then should get some fast times from many runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

Anybody know if it is possible to enter on the day??

TJC wrote: »
    Anybody know if it is possible to enter on the day??
    Yes, but price goes from €20 to €25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

SnailsPace wrote: »
    Yes, but price goes from €20 to €25

Good stuff cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

Does anyone know if the miles are marked in this race or just KMs?

Mulberry wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the miles are marked in this race or just KMs?

From the photos I saw , fairly sure its just Km. Garmin ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Trampas

picked up my number today.

a toothbrush and paste in the goodie bag. I was like :eek:

Trampas wrote: »
    picked up my number today.

a toothbrush and paste in the goodie bag. I was like :eek:

Any t-shirt?

• Advertisement

SnailsPace wrote: »
    Any t-shirt?

no t-shirt. not much in it to be honest. maybe they will give one after the race

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dermo09

Guys it's a race run by the secondary school, trying to raise funds. There won't be any tee shirts as fas as I know.

Dermo09 wrote: »
    Guys it's a race run by the secondary school, trying to raise funds. There won't be any tee shirts as fas as I know.

Best place to park, coming from M4??

I think I will park down near tesco. gives you a small jog to warm up and then not to far to go after the race is over. loads of parking down there.

lets hope bootcamp isn't beside the start line as only causes a mess

Anyone know where to find the results? Didn't switch my garmin on quick enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dernipper

A good race, a lot more club runners this year and about 500 in total, this could prove to be a good addition to the race calendar

Trampas wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Thanks for the times. anyone see the photos kicking about?

No Photos yet, but a PB of 46.54 which i am delighted about....now to aim for the 45... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

good to see the road runner formerly known the road runner placin well in this race.....a few students put in their place;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

ultraman1 wrote: »
    good to see the road runner formerly known the road runner placin well in this race.....a few students put in their place;)

He even had Gary O'Hanlon worried for a while and that's not easy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Diesel

Chaos wrote: »
    Thanks for the times. anyone see the photos kicking about?

I've a set of images up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33265232@N08/sets/72157629814041246/

Hope you're captured in one.
    rgds
    Diesel

Diesel wrote: »
    I've a set of images up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33265232@N08/sets/72157629814041246/

Hope you're captured in one.
    rgds
    Diesel

Hi Diesel

Could I possibly pinch this photo from you and post it on our club website (Dunboyne AC)? It's a brilliant one of some of our Fit4Life group. http://www.flickr.com/photos/33265232@N08/7233885498/in/set-72157629814041246/

All your pics are gorgeous by the way - the colours are just fab.

Thanks
    Mulberry

Hi Mulberry, That's fantastic that the picture you liked is one I was really hoping to get picked up - Congratulations to the group, still in good spirits after 10Km - brilliant.

As for usage of image - that is not a problem, thank you for the courtesy of asking. Please remember images posted are low-resolution and therfore only suitable really for web/email/facebook use.
    If at any stage, you want the full size for print purpose - please email me.

If possible to place on your website etc 'photo credit: jhshelley' - if not, thats OK .
    Email: jhshelley @ Gmail.com ...........if needed.

Great pictures jshelley. Does anyone know of any more floating about??? Unfortunately im not in any of them :(

Thanks Diesel. I just tried to right click on the pic to copy it but it won't let me - any ideas how I can download it? Thanks.

Hi Folks,

Dermo09 - what bib number were you wearing, or if not remembered, PM me with full name and any details you have, - there's always more photos in the background, not necessarily published for a variety of reasons.

Mulberry, PM or email me for a copy. Probably not allowed right-click image as it was released to media, and is under licencse with Flickr/getty.
    But for web use as requested, I have no issues with that and can send copy.

rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Anyone know if this is being organised for 2015? Have done it in 2012 / 2013 and it was great. Looking for something to target in mid / late may!

• Advertisement
Advertisement