Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator issues in Boxing

Options
  • 14-05-2012 1:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭

The moderator cowzerp, has been repeatedly abusive to me, in the forum and by PM. Could other mods confirm that any reports about his abuse will be seen by mods other than cowzerp?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP, as this isn't DRP related.

If you have received abusive or spam PM's from anyone, use the report PM button on them. Only admins see these reports.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Thanks. That's the information I need.

In response to my reporting his abusive posts and PMs, cowzerp has now banned me. Admins besides cowzerp will still receive my reports I hope?
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Admins receive the reports for PMs, not normal reported posts.

If you wish to dispute the ban, that should be a separate thread in DRP.

Thanks, it looks like I'll have to do that now.
    He has banned me for reporting his abusive posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

For the record he was asked not to post on a thread as he was trolling for negative responses on 2 posters, he then decided to report 4 posts of mine to try make some issue-his ban for that was for spamming us with reports, that was the only way to stop his continuos silly reports, and this was agreed by the other mod too.

It's been dealt with on the resolution page, punishment was deemed correct and the 1 offensive question I asked after been riled I was asked to remove and did.

He's new to the boxing forum so I'm not sure if he has trolling form but it won't last long around the boxing forum if he chooses to keep up his style of posting and antagonising.

That's my side.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    For the record he was asked not to post on a thread as he was trolling for negative responses on 2 posters, he then decided to report 4 posts of mine to try make some issue-his ban for that was for spamming us with reports, that was the only way to stop his continuos silly reports, and this was agreed by the other mod too.
    Spamming says quite clearly it is for posts, not PMs or reports. I reported your personal abuse and the post where you threatened me with a ban if I posted in the thread again which I (and others) believe to be a moderation abuse as you only did that due to the fact you were losing an argument. You infracted the poster who challenged you on that (fair enough, he should have PMed) and someone else has also left a thanks to that post.
    I'm not sure if you have trolling form either. <- See how easy it is to insinuate something when you could just go and check easily enough? No, I'm not suggesting you have, just using that as an example. No need to bring up something like that with no evidence either way.
    Let's not forget that so far the only person who has had to remove a post for any reason is cowzerp, due to personal abuse.

I banned you for trolling, I reacted wrongly due to you trolling-the 1 day ban was to stop your persistent stupid spam reports-1 was warranted as I reacted wrongly to your trolling.

This has been dealt with and the ban was deemed fair, end of debate-apologies for asking you are you brain dead, you can't be blamed for not understanding my posts over and over.

I banned you for trolling, I reacted wrongly due to you trolling-the 1 day ban was to stop your persistent stupid spam reports-1 was warranted as I reacted wrongly to your trolling.

This has been dealt with and the ban was deemed fair, end of debate-apologies for asking you are you brain dead, you can't be blamed for not understanding my posts over and over.
    Could you fit the word troll into a post more? Do you really think you just have to say it enough times and it becomes true?
    What trolling? Where? Show me the posts that are substantailly different from your own (sometimes abusive) or megadodge's that singles me out as a troll.
    Persistent stupid spam reports... that turned out to be true as you posted clear personal abuse!
    "you can't be blamed for not understanding my posts over and over."?
    I mean, really? What's that supposed to mean?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056634531&page=6

Starting at post 238 to 256 by megadodge you pedantically answer and troll away attitude then again with me till my post 260 where you start the same -this goes on right to post 285 where eventually i have enough of your bad manners and attitude and tell you not to post, then and only the you start to report several posts, 4 to be exact with only 1 legit and even then that was my bad reaction from your baiting.

The 1st thing wrong with you is you don't realise it is a debate, not an argument.

Anyone interested in this can read the posts with the 2 debates/arguments and come to their own conclusions, between me and you I have read it and know i did the right thing, actually should have officially warned you aswell so maybe i was too lenient.

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056634531&page=6

Starting at post 238 to 256 by megadodge you pedantically answer and troll away attitude then again with me till my post 260 where you start the same -this goes on right to post 285 where eventually i have enough of your bad manners and attitude and tell you not to post, then and only the you start to report several posts, 4 to be exact with only 1 legit and even then that was my bad reaction from your baiting.
    Yes, we've heard your excuse before several times now for using personal abuse.
    Now care to make any comment on your own, and megadodge's at least equally bad mannered and attitude laden posts in the same thread? No?
    I reported 4 posts. You had to delete one as it was clear personal abuse.
    I reported the post where you threatened me with a ban if I posted there again, as your way of "winning" the argument. Other posters have agreed with me that this is abuse of moderator power. I notice nobody has (as yet) supported your ban threat on me in that thread. Very telling.
    The 1st thing wrong with you is you don't realise it is a debate, not an argument.

Anyone interested in this can read the posts with the 2 debates/arguments
    Even you can't decide whether it's a debate or an argument yet you'll have a go at me for describing it as one or the other!! Argument does not necessarily mean spat or barney. You can personally interpret any posts any way you like, but me calling them arguments does not mean I think they are vicious mudslinging or anything.
    between me and you I have read it and know i did the right thing, actually should have officially warned you aswell so maybe i was too lenient.
    Too lenient? Resorting to personal abuse and threatening a ban which it looks like nobody agreed with?
    Forgive me if I don't attach a lot of weight to you saying again you think you are right. We'd hardly be here if you said you were wrong.

And I'll ask AGAIN:
    "you can't be blamed for not understanding my posts over and over."?
    What's that supposed to mean? Is that what you think passes for an apology for personal abuse? Again, all very telling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement