Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating without project maths

• 14-05-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I'm repeating without project maths, I was in the last group of students to do the old exams and got a D1 in pass maths but I'm not applying for anything with specific maths requirements for college but I was wondering if project maths will effect me negatively or positively? I don't know much about it...will it push up or down the points for non-maths related courses?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

I don't really understand. Are you sitting the maths exam this year? If so then it will be with two phases of the new maths course and the rest the old course. You can't sit all the old course this year.

If maths in't required for your course then your grade in maths shouldn't be a problem.
    It shouldn't push up the points for non maths courses, but it may slighlty for maths courses as there is 25extra bonus points for higher level maths. It all depends on how many people want the course/there points. No one will no the proper answer to this until August.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

Raeone wrote: »
    I don't really understand. Are you sitting the maths exam this year? If so then it will be with two phases of the new maths course and the rest the old course. You can't sit all the old course this year.

If maths in't required for your course then your grade in maths shouldn't be a problem.
    It shouldn't push up the points for non maths courses, but it may slighlty for maths courses as there is 25extra bonus points for higher level maths. It all depends on how many people want the course/there points. No one will no the proper answer to this until August.
    I'm not sitting any maths exam this year because I already passed it so I don't have to. I was just wondering if it would effect the points and my chances at the course I want. Hopefully it only effects the engineering and etc side of things...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

Kelix wrote: »
    I'm not sitting any maths exam this year because I already passed it so I don't have to. I was just wondering if it would effect the points and my chances at the course I want. Hopefully it only effects the engineering and etc side of things...

Well then no, you already have your grade got in maths and aslong as you don't need a higher grade for your course, which you say you don't then you should be fine.

Advertisement