Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #71

• 14-05-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the latest Album of the Week. It was a two horse race again this week although not quite as close as last time around. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote.

Here's the breakdown of the votes. Only albums with more than one vote are listed.
    Band|Album|Votes
    God is an Astronaut|All is Violent, All is Bright|7
    Deicide|Legion|3

Here is Remembrance Day from the winning album:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

It's a terrific album and well worthy of inclusion on the list of Albums of the Week. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it'll stand beside Rory Gallagher as the only Irish entries on there so far.

The opening track, Fragile, is a beauty. The way it arrives sonically on the first drum beat of the track never fails to give me goosebumps.

And of course you've got the breathtaking Suicide by Star, with the double bass used towards the end sounding like a stroke of genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

xerces wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it'll stand beside Rory Gallagher as the only Irish entries on there so far.
    Troublegum by Therapy is on the list as well but otherwise I think that's it for Irish bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Malice wrote: »
    Troublegum by Therapy is on the list as well but otherwise I think that's it for Irish bands.

I had another look through the list and Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous is there too, my mistake.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The Gods survived Deicide :cool:

One of my favourite albums of all time, I remember listening to Suicide by Star for the first time and being blown away. Got All is Violent on the strength of that and was not disappointed in the slightest. There is not a single bad song on the album and for me personally it inspires some of the strongest imagery from any album I've listened to.

Delighted to see the support it got this week.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

bsi_dec3.gif

10291007.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Fantastic album. I had always liked atmospheric music in movies/games etc, and had been completely unware of bands like GiaA. ScienceNerd put me onto them with the Suicide by Star video that xerces posted, and I was definitely blown away by it.
    The great matching of visuals and music obviously being amazing.

Funny though as I always forget how good this album is. Age of the Fifth Sun flows together better in my opinion, whereas the tracks on All is Violent are more seperable. As I result I tend to think of Age of the Fifth Sun as the better album, but whenever I stick on this album I quickly remember that it's just as good!

No bad tracks, all though Fire Flies and Empty Skies is the most out of place one in my opinion.

Well deserved album of the week and great band in general. Saw them live and it was amazing

Advertisement