Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guerilla Marketing

Options
  • 14-05-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All,

Along with a business partner I have a new business launching in the next few weeks. We are looking to atrract some attention for the launch with some sort of Guerilla Marketing/Marketing Stunt and to that end I would love to hear any suggestions people might have. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Without knowing what the business / customers you are targetting it is too difficult to answer this question. Reveal more OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 padraig341

Apologies RATM.....It is an online 'Classifieds' site of sorts but focusing on a number of currently unserviced niches. Im well aware of the competitive nature of this sector and we are confident our offering is far superior to what is currently out there. Were looking o do something different and 'grab he headlines' as it were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You badly need to fix your website first.

The layout looks broken especially in non-Firefox browsers.

There's no RBN and proper contact details which tells any savvy user to run a mile.

You are requiring registration, why?

You are hiding pricing behind registration (I think), again why? I bet you have no fremium package which is vital for your position (late to market against established players with the market almost sewn up).

The design looks bare and a bit amateur.

Copyright on content is 8 years out of date, sloppy.

You have zero ads, nevermind the critical mass of ads you need to look credible.

I see almost no niche which doesn't already have a classifieds site or sites operating in it. The website is nowhere near 'superior' to the established companies in the market like DoneDeal whose site you appear to have ripped off badly.

The html is awful and the SEO is non-existant which will defintely kill your site.

Forget about launching until you tackle these matters.

I advised you to do more research a few months ago, you still need to do that research to arrive at a much improved offering otherwise you'll very quickly end up on the scrap heap like almost all the other classifieds encountered on boards and elsewhere.

Have a search for my and others' previous postings on classifieds in this and the website review forums.

Tricky D,

With the greatest of respect, If you really believe the URL you are referring to is regarded by us as a viable, complete and ready to go offering then quite frankly Im shocked! For a poster of your calibre you really should know better. We were never going to upload our true design along with niche categories fully coded etc to the server prior to a launch. What we may have done is generate some discussion about an upcoming site launch of a certain domain name........

You are right about one thing....the URL as it stands could certainly have been coded by an 8 year old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm happy to be laughed out of your thread but I think this could work

Farmers are constantly buying and selling
    And for a long time the Buy & Sell was very popular, they'd buy the weekly magazine and use the website.

Ploughing Championships are a few months away and there will be agricultural shows around the country during the summer

Get a banger of a tractor, a trailer and put up a banner of your website on the trailer. Like a tarpulin.
    Have a drive around the showgrounds for all to see :)

You might be able to get in a normal visitor and once you're in, stick up the banner
    You can leave it parked too for a few hours by the entrance, thousands and thousands will see it

edit, point to point races too

• Advertisement

MikeMac1,

Love it!Thats exactly the outside the box thinking im looking for!Great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

padraig341 wrote: »
    Tricky D,

With the greatest of respect, If you really believe the URL you are referring to is regarded by us as a viable, complete and ready to go offering then quite frankly Im shocked! For a poster of your calibre you really should know better.
    Unfortunately, I have seen precisely that and worse done, and loads of good advice completely ignored so many times with such sites, that it's not really shocking or naive at all.
    padraig341 wrote: »
    We were never going to upload our true design along with niche categories fully coded etc to the server prior to a launch. What we may have done is generate some discussion about an upcoming site launch of a certain domain name........

Good and good luck to you as it's a type of site that not often nailed down properly.

Advertisement