Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown Child services being moved to Ballyfermot.

Options
  • 14-05-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭

Can't believe the utter idiocy of this.

Got a letter today stating that the Blanchardstown Child & Adolescent mental health services (what used to be the child and family clinic) is being moved from close to Blanch IT to Ballyfermot.

It's not being merged with another clinic, will still only take referrals from the family drs and schools for children in the Blanchardstown area but is being moved at the end of the month the the grounds of Cherry Orchard Hospital in Ballyfermot.

Any child which is having difficulties ranging from dyslexia, adhd, possible autism ect will now have to attend over there during the hours of 9 -5.
    So that is two bus journies, there and two back for troubled kids and stressed out parents.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

At the moment it's in behind the Jehovah Witness hall yes? What will they do with the building, leave it to rot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Yes it is, no idea what they are doing with the building.
    Waiting for the HSE area manager to get back to me on this.
    IT is the only CAMHS the HSE have on the northside and they are moving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Kind of relates to me because I'm waiting on a referral to Early Intervention... no wonder the PHN was reluctant to refer.

Advertisement