Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Extensions

• 14-05-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

hi peoples.

i really want to get hair extensions but am a loss as to where to go? i have quite short hair, being growing it for a while, and its now at the length where i could get xtensions. My twin bro is getting married in a few eeks and i am maid of honor and would love a full head of hair. Can anyone reccommend what type to get? and also where to get them done? and best prices?

any help would be great:D;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Hairspray on henry street in the city centre are great. I got clip in ones there (their own brand) for 80 euro and I love them. They're lasting great.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭angelbabie

Natasha_95 wrote: »
    Hairspray on henry street in the city centre are great. I got clip in ones there (their own brand) for 80 euro and I love them. They're lasting great.

i kinda want to get the ones that dont clip in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

search for ceira lambert great lenghts hair extensions! She does all the irish "celebs" Im dying to get them but they are quite expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

angelbabie wrote: »
    Natasha_95 wrote: »

i kinda want to get the ones that dont clip in?

they do ones that don't clip in too, look them up on google, I would recommend using their own brand hair when your choosing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Do a search for a salon that does Cinderella hair - it is amazing and hair is such good quality lasts the full 4 months without shedding or falling out or damaging your own hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Ceira Lambert - have heard great things about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭newuser30

Most salons seem to want you to go in for a consultation to get a price. I want to get micro bead ones as I got keratin glue ones in hairspray and though they were ok while i had them in, unfortunately she destroyed my hair when takin them out, like really ripped them out and damaged my hair!! :( so haven't gone back for more. I've seen loads of ads on gumtree for mobile ones and also a salon 'Shine hair extensions' in rathmines, which are not so expensive, does anyone have any experience of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

The more permanent extensions will all slightly damage your hair (none worth mentioning if they are installed and removed correctly), there are pro's and con's to each method.

In my opinion Pre Bonds are more comfortable, you would loose a lot less of the extensions than with other methods as this is the most secure but can be a pain to take out but when done correctly will be fine.

In terms of the Microbeads/loops - not as secure you would loose more of the extension over time and not as comfortable, generally you don't pay as much for these as the prebonds, and you can also get them tightend after a few months. So its really up to yourself and what you think you would prefer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I think ceira lambert are priced between 750-1200? What is your price range because that will narrow down what is available to you. I looked into cinderella extensions before but couldn't really get much info from the salon. They wouldn't give me a price during the consultation either, took them a week to give me a price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jay Dizzle

I got great ones in a while ago by crowing glory hair extensions (0851515342)- they're in Ranelagh and Monkstown and did a full head of microbeads for me for €190, the hair's gorgeous and they do a free 1st maintenance!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Look up Easilocks extensions in Ebano! I was originally looking at Ceira Lambert's Great Lengths ones because my main concern is that I didn't want my original hair damaged. Easilocks use tiny metal clips that don't damage your hair. They are half the price of the Great Lengths (€450 for a full head) but the main advantage is that you can reuse the hair, I have mine in three months now and I've booked to get them taken out and put back in. I love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pamela087

Hi girls ive been in the hair dressing industry for 12 years now and in that time have come across many different brands of hair extensions but i have to say the most recent time i got them was off PINK. hair extensions, its only on facebook but you can add it and you can order off it-the extensions are just amazing!! they super silky/smooth and strong they are the best quality i have ever bought,and are a less in price than any of the others. i got the clip ins but they do microloop pre-bonded and pretty much everything else. Even hairsprays ones wudnt have a patch on them!! if your looking for any type of hair extension or hair extension product go to them heres the link hope it helps x http://www.facebook.com/hair.extensions.92

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smiley 123

Hi guys,

I got my hair extensions from Divers Fashion, 3 months before. Its really good :) . They provided me the apt extensions for my hair along with hair styling accessories within my budget too. Just go through the site to get few more details. [FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]http://www.diversfashion.com[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mfarr3ll

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Look up Easilocks extensions in Ebano! I was originally looking at Ceira Lambert's Great Lengths ones because my main concern is that I didn't want my original hair damaged. Easilocks use tiny metal clips that don't damage your hair. They are half the price of the Great Lengths (€450 for a full head) but the main advantage is that you can reuse the hair, I have mine in three months now and I've booked to get them taken out and put back in. I love them!

Hi Siobhan
    How much did it cost for the maintenance do u mind me asking?

Thanks

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I got a full head of microbead extensions in last week in Salon Diva in Tallaght (i got a deal off livingsocial, full head for €149) and im quite impressed! The first few days are quite uncomfortable, but now i can barely feel them, and they look great! The colour match is almost perfect, which is impressive as my hair is a very awkward colour atm. I think they normally charge €300 for the full head. I'd recommend microbeads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I got a full head of microbead extensions in last week in Salon Diva in Tallaght (i got a deal off livingsocial, full head for €149) and im quite impressed! The first few days are quite uncomfortable, but now i can barely feel them, and they look great! The colour match is almost perfect, which is impressive as my hair is a very awkward colour atm. I think they normally charge €300 for the full head. I'd recommend microbeads!

can you see the bonds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 130287

Hey all, I just booked my consultation for Ebano store street with a lovely girl called Niamh, I was blonde and LOVED it but the damage it caused meant I had to cut my hair to just below the shoulder. Im just curious would it be better to
    (1) go brown all over as it would be easier kept and easier to match the extensions?
    (2) is all the hair super straight and shiny because my hair is quiet coarse and kinky?
    (3) do really long extensions look ridiculous when natural hair is only below the shoulder?
    (4) if i go brunette and get brunette extensions and eventually want yo go blonde will I have to buy new extensions or have to dye the the ones I get?
    (4) and most worrying is there any chance hair could matt? :-/

soo sorry for all the questions guys,these are just some of my curiosities, all info shall be greatly appreciated.

I'm still getting them,defo, the pics look amazing, practically stalking easilocks on facebook and twitter, savage work :-D

Advertisement