Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accommodation September 2012

Options
  • 14-05-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I have applied to IADT for business studies. I have never been in Dun Laoghaire before, so I feel bit lost right now.

Have ye any tips for accommodation? I would love to share house with other students.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EduOfficer

I'm Lisa, I'm the Education Officer in the SU.

We have a FB page where students post when they are looking for someone to share with - you can find that page here. It won't really get busy for a while but keep an eye on it. Some people are already looking for housemates.

The best thing to do is to search online through Daft. You can specify Dun Laoghaire, max rent etc. It is where most of our students find accommodation.

Dun Laoghaire is a small enough area. The college itself is serviced by the 46a & 75 and is about a 20 min walk or 10 min bus journey from the Dun Laoghaire dart station - so you may not necessarily have to live in Dun Laoghaire.

If you have any other questions post here or you can PM me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Amabilis

Hi Lisa,

Thank you very much for help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

I may be attending IADT in September and I was wondering wheter most students live in Dun Laoghaire or not? I think I would prefer to live in town but I think the commute everyday by bus could be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hannah_banana

im also looking for housemates/accommodation for dun laoghaire! :) PM me if youd like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AmyH

Amabilis Did you have any luck finding a place? Cause I'm looking for roommates!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

I am one of the group of students that live in Ballintle Court on Abbey Road which is a minute's walk to the college. Its generally an OK place. 8 apartment overall. 4 in each block and 3/4 people per apartment. Has very social surrounding with other students from the college. I wouldnt call it the best acc ever but its not bad for the price. 410 a month. which includes everything apart from ESB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AmyH

Ste_JDM Is there still accommodation available there? Do you have an email for the landlord? Also, why would you say its not the best accommmodation?
    Thanks! :)

I would say its not the best because its a student acc. Parties are awesome but not all the time :P. Honestly, i do enjoy it there just because its like alittle community. You may get the odd dickhead but thats life. Sure. I will PM his email for you to get in contact. Im not sure if its full or not. Many who lived here finished college in May so there may be room.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 EoinDM

Ahh I remember the days of Ballintle court. I'd only recommend it for first/second years. If you want to sleep/study.. it might not be the best for you. But if you want to embrace the full college experience, it's a great place to live!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 victap8

Hello, 2nd year avmt student here, looking to share house/flat with 2-4 people. max rent is €400 p.m.

pm me if you are still looking :)

• Advertisement

AmyH wrote: »
    Amabilis Did you have any luck finding a place? Cause I'm looking for roommates!

no still havent found anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

Does anyone have any advice or tips about finding somewhere to live in Dun Laoghaire? I'll be going to IADT this year with four other close friends and we would ideally love to find a house together. We've been looking for ages now but everywhere is either too far away from the college, out of our price range, or they don't accept students. Does anyone know of anywhere that offers accomodation for students?

Literally just look at every property website daft, myhome, rent.ie etc and do it fast. I just got a house yesterday that has 1 room left in it so thats no help and its super expensive :( its really hard to find places!

About living around IADT. Its a great college but the area is far from cheap. You gotta work and save cash to pay for rent. Why I am sticking with Ballintle for a 3rd year is because the price and all included bills apart from esb. But also because its less than a minutes walk to the college and buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kmc_

Also in need of accommodation! And fast.
    Just got accepted today, and have been to Dun Laoghaire about...eh, once in my life. :P
    If anyone needs a housemate, or has a spare room or ANYTHING, pm me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SophieCH

Ste_JDM wrote: »
    I would say its not the best because its a student acc. Parties are awesome but not all the time :P. Honestly, i do enjoy it there just because its like alittle community. You may get the odd dickhead but thats life. Sure. I will PM his email for you to get in contact. Im not sure if its full or not. Many who lived here finished college in May so there may be room.

Hi there, just wondering if you could PM me the landlords email so I could get in contact and esquire about vacancies? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheBrauneisen

Hey going into first year and finding it difficult to find a house! Need one pretty fast seeing as its so close. Anyone interested in sharing or know of anybody let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Nippleh

If anyone is still looking for a place, message me :3

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MollyAGoGo

has anyone got the email for the guy who runs Ballintle court?

eamonn@strathmoreivernia.ie

Eamonn Boyle is his name

• Advertisement
Advertisement