Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good jrpg's on PC?

Options
  • 14-05-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

As title says, is there any good jRPGs i should play that are on PC? Doesnt matter if its new or old...

Only ones i've played on PC are FF7 & 8. There must be many more out there!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ys Oath in Felghana is out on Steam. It's one of the best action RPG's you'll ever play and well worth buying. Ys Origins should be out soon.

There's also Breath of Death VIII and Cthulu Saves the World which I've heard are excellent.

Outside of that your best bet is emulating the classic NES, SNES and Megadrive RPGs. There's plenty in their libraries and a lot of japanese only ones have been fan translated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Breath of Death VIII and Cthulu Saves the World are okay but I wouldn't call them excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Phantasy Star 2, 3 and 4, Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole, Shining Force 1 and 2, Shining in the Darkness are all on steam now for 2.49 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Got the last remnant there on friday.

Very disappointed in the lazyness of the developer on this one. Controls are awful.

Which is a pity, cos it seems kinda interesting!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Last Remnant is pretty crappy.

I know Breath of Fire IV got a PC release, might be tough tracking down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement