Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**spoilers** UFC TV Deal in UK **spoilers**

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Existing Channel such as FX.
    MrStuffins wrote: »

No. I don't pay anything to watch UFC. I subscribe to the Sky Sports Package and pay accordingly. In the past I used to pay €15 per month for ESPN solely for UFC. Now it's a bonus channel.

Sorry i meant that to be a hypothetical, let me rephrase

One has to pay over €70 (roughly) a month to watch UFC in standard definition (which is ridiculous) with constant f-ups from ESPN, presuming that person just want to watch MMA and not any other sport on Sky Sports?
    it's on their You Tube page.

I dont think it is, i believe they show short (3-5 min) clips from it and leave out some of the content, also when they post it the next day on youtube, its already old news, we need to be able to watch all UFC content LIVE, before its reported on all MMA sites and old news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The problem with the whole deal is apart from Skysports. What other broadcasters are potential candidates to broadcast the UFC ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

SevereMMA wrote: »
    I dont think it is, i believe they show short (3-5 min) clips from it and leave out some of the content, also when they post it the next day on youtube, its already old news, we need to be able to watch all UFC content LIVE, before its reported on all MMA sites and old news

This is why I wanted the ESPN deal over. They don'r care about UFC these days. Someone else could've gotten a crack of the whip.

Although, i'd say the fact it's only a 1 year extension says that they probably have something in the works or even something in mind.
    unknown13 wrote: »
    The problem with the whole deal is apart from Skysports. What other broadcasters are potential candidates to broadcast the UFC ?

The only one I can even think of is FX since they're owned by Fox and they already had TUF content.

Although that's a horrible option IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

There aren't any other options really apart from maybe Setanta.
    Personally, as I said in an earlier post, I'd love a dedicated Zuffa channel, showing mma 24hrs a day including events. But realistically that won't happen because the sport isn't popular enough to have a dedicated channel which customers would have to pay for. It needs to get onto a mainstream sports channel to invite in new fans. ESPN ticks most of the boxes for this at the minute. This suits me as it only costs me an extra fiver or something with UPC. If ESPN improved their mma coverage then it'd be perfect but unfortunately it's still below par right now. Hopefully that'll change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

Really? What's the max available speed in non UPC areas? Where is it UPC don't cover?

In 5 years time surely UPC will have 100mb+ everywhere in Ireland? If UPC don't i'd guess some other company will

UPC only exists in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Waterford and Limerick and their broadband is not available to everyone in these towns.

UPC will not have 100mb+ everywhere in Ireland in 5 years time or even in the next 20 years imo. I also do not see how anyone else will either as the infrastructure is simply not there.

xxyyxx wrote: »
    UPC only exists in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Waterford and Limerick and their broadband is not available to everyone in these towns.

UPC will not have 100mb+ everywhere in Ireland in 5 years time or even in the next 20 years imo. I also do not see how anyone else will either as the infrastructure is simply not there.

In fact, my girlfriend lives in Dublin and even HER estate doesn't get UPC!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Existing Channel such as FX.
    I didnt know this, can u get eircom there? I believe they do 24mb broadband which is more than enough to stream better quality than SD

I didnt know this, can u get eircom there? I believe they do 24mb broadband which is more than enough to stream better quality than SD

She has Eircom at the moment.

We used to have Eircom but they changed our package without telling us, put a download limit on our package when we had unlimited before and then sent us a bill for over-usage :eek:

So we cancelled and a few months later they did the exact same thing to my girlfriend. I suggested she switch to eircom but it's not available. They haven't put the cables in yet apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

They do up to 24mb and that is not available everywhere either. Many parts of the country have terrible broadband connections and other parts have no broaadband available to them at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I used to have Eircom and so did a lot of people I know.
    I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. The broadband is absolutely terrible!!
    They come around every so often claiming they've improved it but it's always the same poor service.
    If you're gonna be streaming events UPC is the way to go at the minute. Although I do understand it's not available everywhere. I live in Dublin and I only barely got it. The next estate to mine can't get it -- which is pretty ridiculous.

Dean09 wrote: »
    I used to have Eircom and so did a lot of people I know.
    I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. The broadband is absolutely terrible!!
    They come around every so often claiming they've improved it but it's always the same poor service.
    If you're gonna be streaming events UPC is the way to go at the minute. Although I do understand it's not available everywhere. I live in Dublin and I only barely got it. The next estate to mine can't get it -- which is pretty ridiculous.

I had a salesman at the door the other day telling me I must've imagined the bill they sent me for overcharging, that they wouldn't do that etc.

He still wanted to disbelieve me even after I showed him the bloody bill!

Then he was telling me I didn't really want unlimited downloads, that i'd be better off going back to Eircom because i'd "never go over my limits"....... again, ignoring the fact that I had gone over before and they'd overcharged me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I had a salesman at the door the other day telling me I must've imagined the bill they sent me for overcharging, that they wouldn't do that etc.

He still wanted to disbelieve me even after I showed him the bloody bill!

Then he was telling me I didn't really want unlimited downloads, that i'd be better off going back to Eircom because i'd "never go over my limits"....... again, ignoring the fact that I had gone over before and they'd overcharged me!
    :pac:
    When I switched from Eircom to UPC I went over my old Eircom limit in less then a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

If it moves to Sky will they likely black out ufc.tv again like they did before? cant see myself getting in sky just to watch this.

Advertisement