Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool are coming to town

• 14-05-2012 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

so tonight Limerick Fc host Liverpool XI (a reserve side)

7:45 monday 14/05/2012
    jackman park

so is it another 10 million for the city??? :D

anyone any idea of what players will be coming over

obviously it wont be a team of senior players but a couple of the young stars anyway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Supposed to be the academy guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

all below should be here

Adam Morgan, Brad Smith, Conor Coady, Craig Roddan, Daniel Ward, Emmanuel Gomis Mendy, Joao Texeira, Krisztian Adorjan, Marc Pelosi, Matthew McGiveron, Michael Ngoo, Michael Roberts, Nathan Eccleston, Peter Gulacsi, Ryan McLaughlin, Stephen Sama, Jack Robinson

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Icky Thump wrote: »
    (a so is it another 10 million for the city??? :D

Few bob and publicity for Limerick, Carew Park FC getting a bit aswell. Not bad for a small mid-season friendly.

Tickets are running out this afternoon btw, in case anyone is waiting to pay at the gate you may be out of luck.

Bar and Marquee provided for Official Supporters Club and Season ticket holders aswell, SC members can get wristbands from the SC desk to allow them entry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

campo wrote: »
    all below should be here

Adam Morgan, Brad Smith, Conor Coady, Craig Roddan, Daniel Ward, Emmanuel Gomis Mendy, Joao Texeira, Krisztian Adorjan, Marc Pelosi, Matthew McGiveron, Michael Ngoo, Michael Roberts, Nathan Eccleston, Peter Gulacsi, Ryan McLaughlin, Stephen Sama, Jack Robinson

was hoping Sterling and flanno wouldnt be called up to the first team yesterday so we could have gotten them over too.

personally id love to see susa play but the Texeira lad looked amazing this year in portugal. hopefully Jack will get back into the first team aswell
    Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Few bob and publicity for Limerick, Carew Park FC getting a bit aswell. Not bad for a small mid-season friendly.

Tickets are running out this afternoon btw, in case anyone is waiting to pay at the gate you may be out of luck.

Bar and Marquee provided for Official Supporters Club and Season ticket holders aswell, SC members can get wristbands from the SC desk to allow them entry

im not mocking it at all im a liverpool fan i cant wait to see this. ive watched these kids all season so hoping its gonna be a good one. found out only on friday night and had my tickets first thing saturday morning:D

im hoping the Limerick fc l;ads are smart enough to start some sort of affiliation with Liverpool though the way Bray did after their game last year. it could benifit Limeick Fc in the lonng run. might get a young player or two on loan or get some coaching help. would be great

im not mocking it at all im a liverpool fan i cant wait to see this.

Honestly didnt think you were. All I hope for tonight is that if our 1st teamers are playing we dont pick up any knocks. In a way we have to play some of them (keep them happy, not let Liverpool run up a cricket score) but on the other hand we have a big game Fiday.

• Advertisement

could be a boost in confidence with the team aswell playing against liverpool. i know its not the first team but hopefully it will be a good distarction and not take focus off the domestic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Must say as a liverpool fan and a resident of careys road I must say the marketing department of Limerick fc should be shot as I heard nothing about it until I was driving in the dublin road and spotted it on the new motorized boards they have by pc world at the parkway valley

Needless to say on my way down to try and get a ticket I was amazed and shocked at the generosity of a complete stranger who handed me a complimentary ticket making my nite..so thank u kind sir...apologies I never got ur name...as I returned home to change out of my work clothes as he entered the pitch

Was a truly great game and Limerick really put on a show so thoroughly enjoyed the nite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Most the advertising was done through usual circles i.e Limerick Leader, Limerick Post, 95fm, foot.ie, limerickfc.ie, a few posters up in shop windows, advertised at home matches and in the match programs and even here on boards.ie in the Limerick FC thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

A guy told me that a few kids broke the window on the Liverpool bus (not sure how true it is) anyone else here this?

A guy told me that a few kids broke the window on the Liverpool bus (not sure how true it is) anyone else here this?

Didn't hear anything but wouldn't be surprised. A few away team buses have got treatment from kids hanging around. In saying that though they were using the Limerick FC/Kelly travel Plaza bus so don't think anyone would have realised it was specifically for the liverpool players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Jofspring wrote: »
    Didn't hear anything but wouldn't be surprised. A few away team buses have got treatment from kids hanging around. In saying that though they were using the Limerick FC/Kelly travel Plaza bus so don't think anyone would have realised it was specifically for the liverpool players.

It could be a load of BS as the guy that told me said his friend told him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I was talking to Tim Kelly earlier who runs the Kelly Travel ones, that Liverpool FC used, and he didn't mention anything. I'm getting it to Dublin on Friday so I'll let you know if its a bit windy over a missing window! :P

steveon wrote: »
    Must say as a liverpool fan and a resident of careys road I must say the marketing department of Limerick fc should be shot as I heard nothing about it .

Perhaps if you followed your own team in your own backyard instead of some foreign club you would have known about it........there I said it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Aw only seeing this now! Would of liked to gone to see this

Most the advertising was done through usual circles i.e Limerick Leader, Limerick Post, 95fm, foot.ie, limerickfc.ie, a few posters up in shop windows, advertised at home matches and in the match programs and even here on boards.ie in the Limerick FC thread.

bull crap

i found out about it friday nite through a txt message

i started the fricken thread. the lads involved in the limerick fc club are incompetant and deserve no credit as they did no advertising and got their few shillings. even the tanoy lad was rubbish and im sure he got his few quid. i know my non lim erick girlfriend was not impressed by the even sponsored ballboys that where not present. typical make the quick cash ass holes. even our lovely manager t limerick fc was polite to liverpools manager...................... disgrace the way he shouted that handballs should be ok since they should be given a chance.............. pathetic

i wasnt imressed one bit

bull crap

i started the fricken thread. the lads involved in the limerick fc club are incompetant and deserve no credit as they did no advertising and got their few shillings. even the tanoy lad was rubbish and im sure he got his few quid. i know my non lim erick girlfriend was not impressed by the even sponsored ballboys that where not present. typical make the quick cash ass holes. even our lovely manager t limerick fc was polite to liverpools manager...................... disgrace the way he shouted that handballs should be ok since they should be given a chance.............. pathetic

i wasnt imressed one bit

What are you on about.

Everyone I know that doesn't usually attend limerick games knew about the match. Every regular that goes to games knew. The people that read the local paper knew. People that listen to the local radio knew. It was even advertised in the daily star which is a national paper. Over 2,000 people at the game knew about it.

Just because you happened to miss the advertising and heard about it through txt doesn't mean everyone else did. Just because you started a new thread cause you couldn't be arsed looking at the one already set up for your local club is no ones fault but your own, the match was mentioned on that.

It was a very well run event and have heard no complaints Barr the fact a few people waited till last minute and couldn't get schoolboy tickets.

The ball boys were three boys and a girl that were on the pitch. Limerick set up extra marquees, gave the place a lick of paint and put in a good performance on the pitch. What the hell more did you want? It was a fundraiser for the club. I'd say they may even have broke even with the cost of renting, advertising, liverpools costs, players wages etc..... If you attend a few more of your locals club games you'd know that guy is always on the tannoy and has been for the last 5 years in jackman park. The stewards, the announcer, the kitmen are all volunteers.

You seem to be complaining about everything and nothing at the same time. It was a bloody friendly game that finished 1-1. Who cares how polite or unpolite the limerick manager was. I don't see you complaining about the Liverpool manager slapping his own player after taking him off.

Some people are just never happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Rodolfo wasn't too impressed when he made the substitution just before half time and wasn't holding back on showing what he thought of the players performance.

Thought the Limerick lads played well. Real pity that one of them missed the game through injury and another had to go off after what looked like a slip on the far side of the pitch.

bull crap

i wasnt imressed one bit

Now where to start with this.
    the lads involved in the limerick fc club are incompetant

How are they incompetent? Do you even know the lads that are involved with Limerick FC? Cause if you did, then you would know, like any company - it is up to who ever is in charge of Marketing to do just that. Market it. And I find they did quite well, I saw it on Facebook, and in the papers.

deserve no credit

Deserve no credit for what? Bringing a team in for a friendly match to try and promote the club? Bringing money into the Local economy? Get over yourself.
    they did no advertising and got their few shillings.

They did do their advertising, and they did it quite well. Otherwise they wouldn't have had 2.5k in attendance. They were all over Facebook, Twitter, The Papers and the Radio. Which means that people musta known somehow that it was on.
    even the tanoy lad was rubbish

Well, thats your own opinion, but I've never heard anyone have a problem with him before.
    im sure he got his few quid.

Well, they all deserve to get paid, but they don't as they are volonteers.
    i know my non lim erick girlfriend was not impressed

Her impression is none of my business, I often see people saying they were and weren't impressed about every match.
    by the even sponsored ballboys that where not present.

Were we at the same match? Because I was stewarding it, and I do remember quite clearly looking at the ballboys and girls. Sponsored by Q3 if I remember correctly, they were wearing those Q3 T-Shirts. I'm sure there is a picture somewhere, I remember seeing one I'll try and dig it out later.
    typical make the quick cash ass holes.

How? What did they do? The brought an English team into the city to play a match like they are supposed to do. Its called playing a friendly..? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    even our lovely manager t limerick fc was polite to liverpools manager

Yeah, I think thats called good manners...?

Seriously sir, you need to get over yourself. Bigtime.

Also I'd like to add that limerick FC kept the match prices at their regular game price despite the fact most other teams up it for these games. A junior team from cork only two seasons ago looked for between 20 and 40 euro for match tickets and 10euro for program's. If limerick wanted to rob people they would have upped the price of everything like so many other organisations do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Also I'd like to add that limerick FC kept the match prices at their regular game price despite the fact most other teams up it for these games. A junior team from cork only two seasons ago looked for between 20 and 40 euro for match tickets and 10euro for program's. If limerick wanted to rob people they would have upped the price of everything like so many other organisations do.

I have to agree with this I was expecting the cost to be much higher but 20e for 2 tickets to see my beloved Liverpool up close , hell ya I will have that everytime great value.

Also would like to see stewards did a great job at match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Really don't see what all the hassle is about lads. The match was fairly well advertised. It was advertised on the radio, online, in one of the papers, and was on the electronic billboards for a few weeks before the game.

It was also listed on the official Liverpool FC website, and most of the Liverpool FC fansites gave it free advertising as well.

I know it was also mentioned in the soccer forum on Boards and I put a post up about it in the things to do in Limerick thread.

It was a good event for Limerick soccer, and if it ends up causing a few extra people to go along to Limerick FC games in the future along with giving the club some extra cash in the here and now, then great. I know for a fact that the idea of Liverpool bringing a more senior team (ressies + first team squad members) to Limerick has been discussed in some quarters so Monday's game may prove to be a stepping stone to a bigger future event.

I quite enjoyed the game, and got a kick out of people reacting to my accent as a few people assumed that a scouse accent in the stand meant someone involved with the club :D Plus I got to see the son of a family friend back home get some game time against Limerick FC so that was nice as well.

I thought Limerick FC did well to organise the event, and more power to them for doing so and not ripping off folk in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Perhaps if you followed your own team in your own backyard instead of some foreign club you would have known about it........there I said it. :)

For one Id happily support my own Limerick team if the management of the team has some form of respect for the people living in the area which they don't have.

The traveling teams buses park in the grass ruining the areas when there is a match on and every1 just dumps there cars everywhere completely blocking the street, and despite been told by the Limerick Fire brigade to stop doing it no notice has been taken. A neighbor of mine who is wheelchair bound has nearly been killed on a number of occasions as the fans have no regard for any1 but themselves parking halfway on the paths and particularly parking across the footpath corners....a complete disgrace and badly run Team in my opinion and shouldn't be allowed under any circumstances.

Bit of a stupid comment to make to Steveon. Hope you don't read any English tabloids, or follow English soaps, or watch English talent shows or follow any sporting team or sport that is not local.

Hell if you are so against following anything foreign, maybe you should post in your own national language instead of using a foreign one like English.

For one Id happily support my own Limerick team if the management of the team has some form of respect for the people living in the area which they don't have.

The traveling teams buses park in the grass ruining the areas when there is a match on and every1 just dumps there cars everywhere completely blocking the street, and despite been told by the Limerick Fire brigade to stop doing it no notice has been taken. A neighbor of mine who is wheelchair bound has nearly been killed on a number of occasions as the fans have no regard for any1 but themselves parking halfway on the paths and particularly parking across the footpath corners....a complete disgrace and badly run Team in my opinion and shouldn't be allowed under any circumstances.

Same thing happens for big junior matches, not just limerick FC games. Parking is their across the road and personally I use that. Carets road should be a no go alright and only allowed for car park use.

It's not just limerick FC either. I live next to the gaelic grounds and my drive can be nearly impossible to get out of with cars parked every where up and down the path of my cul de sac.

Thats not the clubs problem, there is Parking across the road. Its people that refuse to use it. Have a problem with it. Report it to the guards.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Bit of a stupid comment to make to Steveon. Hope you don't read any English tabloids, or follow English soaps, or watch English talent shows or follow any sporting team or sport that is not local.

Hell if you are so against following anything foreign, maybe you should post in your own national language instead of using a foreign one like English.

I presume this post is aimed at me and not Steveon?

As male I have no time for soaps or talent shows, English or otherwise, I have half a brain so you can rule out me reading tabloids also. I am forced to speak in this foreign language in order to communicate with the pathetic, bitter, small time haters that fill our once fine City.

One other point, I thought by putting :) in my post you or anyone else may take it with a spot of humour? Or are we all taking the internet oh so serious nowadays?

I presume this post is aimed at me and not Steveon?

As male I have no time for soaps or talent shows, English or otherwise, I have half a brain so you can rule out me reading tabloids also. I am forced to speak in this foreign language in order to communicate with the pathetic, bitter, small time haters that fill our once fine City.

One other point, I thought by putting :) in my post you or anyone else may take it with a spot of humour? Or are we all taking the internet oh so serious nowadays?

Given that I quoted your post, it is obvious I was responding to your comment. :)

No need for you to feel forced to speak in the nasty foreign language. You can reply to me in Irish if you like and I will respond in kind. Plus if you spoke in Irish all the time, then you would not have to communicate with the haters you despise as they would most likely not understand your good self.

If you cannot speak your own national language then I am sure I can accomodate you in a number of other langauages that are not english.:)

Kess73 wrote: »
    If you cannot speak your own national language then I am sure I can accomodate you in a number of other langauages that are not english.:)

http://translate.reference.com/translate?query=you%20are%20great&src=en&dst=ga

Wow you can use this, good for you.

eich bod yn wych

No, Soulcrew, As far as I remember from what was mentioned in the past, Kess is bi-lingual and able to converse in a few languages.

• Advertisement

The Snipe wrote: »
    No, Soulcrew, As far as I remember from what was mentioned in the past, Kess is bi-lingual and able to converse in a few languages.

Thats super.

Advertisement