Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Bills averages - Charlesland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

this is how installed sangamo controller looks like:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

tp25 wrote: »
    My washing machine is connected to the timer under the counter and the timer only operates between 00:00HRS AM and 06:00AM, so once the program is set on the washing machine, then it's kicks in at midnight and let the program run until whatever time overnight.

I'd say the neighbours love that!

Mullie wrote: »
    I'd say the neighbours love that!

I don't see any link, they don't sleep here and I don't hear it, how could they hear it?

They don't pay my bills - I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

We're in a 2 bed beside the end of terrace 3 bed and when their washing machine goes into a spin its like its in our house! Sound proofing not great in Charlesland, but thats another topic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

My dishwasher is not as smart as washingmachine and still refuses to turn itself after midnight, so it's the only one that I need to switch on manually.
    Just looking at ours; its a "Tricity Bendix" machine from DID just off the N11 at Bray. It has a button for "3 hour delay start". So you could turn it on at 9pm for midnight. Or else have it on a timer, but it would have to have the timeswitch override power on as you press the (delay) start button (the buttons don't work at all if the timer is in the off mode)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

this is how installed sangamo controller looks like:

Was thinking of putting something like this in myself, was it difficult to install?

Wineman wrote: »
    Was thinking of putting something like this in myself, was it difficult to install?

yes - if you don't know about electricity and the safety

no - if you know about electricity and the safety

Needed:

- sangamo controller
    - small electrical box (on the wall slim type)
    - 1.5square grounded electrical cable at 150cm length (actually two pieces of 75cm will do fine)
    - electrical terminal block connector (up to 16A type)

Tools:

- flat screwdriver (5mm), small flat screwdriver (3mm)
    - sharp knife
    - drill with long 8mm-12mm

1) switch off the fuse at the board (I did switch off the main fuse as I do not have trust in this installation), so big Grey fuse on the top left of the board goes way down to switch off.

2) unscrew present switch from the wall (inside hot press), switch with ON/OFF, BATH/SINK on it

3) drill/cut the 3.5-4 cm hole in the wall (place where you want the controller)

4) mark one of the two 75cm cables (using color marker), i.e. WHITE tipex will do, it will help to identify the cables at LOAD and the one between sangamo and the switch

5) run both new cables from the wall into the hot press.

6) follow the wiring instructions

Total time 1hour job.

*** IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH ELECTRICITY HIRE ELECTRICIAN ***

I do not accept any responsibility for any actions taken by any party/parties following above guideline.

Advertisement