Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anywhere copy car park fobs?

Options
  • 14-05-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in Dublin or surrounding areas that would copy a fob I have for the car park where I live? Property management company want to charge us €80 for a second one so I'm wondering is there a cheaper way? It can't really cost that much!!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I know that they are usually programmed by security companies but there is another way to do it.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CAME-Universal-Garage-Gate-Remote-Control-Key-Fob-/230623417708?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35b23a156c#ht_3508wt_1185

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I know in our complex each fob is known about and programmed individually by the management agency as there would be security issues surrounding fobs being created by individuals

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

Jarren wrote: »
    I know that they are usually programmed by security companies but there is another way to do it.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CAME-Universal-Garage-Gate-Remote-Control-Key-Fob-/230623417708?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35b23a156c#ht_3508wt_1185
    Thank you!! I didn't even know u could do it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

We got quoted €80 for a new one as well. If you find somewhere that does them cheaper Id be all ears, but it seems thats what they cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

Cant be copied more hassle and trouble to get it done they are prob 30 euro their adding on their fee which is steep i agree but thats the **** people do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tagfan

Elphaba wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in Dublin or surrounding areas that would copy a fob I have for the car park where I live? Property management company want to charge us €80 for a second one so I'm wondering is there a cheaper way? It can't really cost that much!!!
    Thanks
    You can buy them on ebay for a few euro. If your fob has a rolling encryption code then it won't work which is what happened to me. Only a few quid to try out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Elphaba wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Thanks

The cost is to stop people getting multiple fobs and passing them out to friends, as well as encouraging people to safe guard their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I;ve just been quoted 90 to replace a swipe card, anyone know if they're available elsewhere for cheaper? It's for access through the gates into the common areas, but there's button like on the fob, just a swipe card.
    This has completely put me off every living in a place with a swipe card access ever again. Gettin a key cut for my last house cost me 3 euro, bit of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Two things here, car park openers(radio and IR) and swipes(magnetic and RFID).

Car park openers can be copied by the replacement unit if they are not a rolling code. If they are a rolling code you need access to the master code for duplication. Sometimes you can program them off the receiver in the complex but generally its a waste of time trying it yourself.

Magnetic swipes can be copied, RFID tags are pretty impossible to copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Two things here, car park openers(radio and IR) and swipes(magnetic and RFID).

Car park openers can be copied by the replacement unit if they are not a rolling code. If they are a rolling code you need access to the master code for duplication. Sometimes you can program them off the receiver in the complex but generally its a waste of time trying it yourself.

Magnetic swipes can be copied, RFID tags are pretty impossible to copy.

Thanks for that info :) how would I know if it's magnetic or RFID, and where would be somewhere to potentially get it copied?

• Advertisement
Advertisement