Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blown away by ineptitude

Options
  • 14-05-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭

Im at my wits end with this now.

Switched from Vodafone to Eircom a month ago. Switched the phone line and the broadband. A letter arrives 2 weeks later welcoming me back to eircom and listing my services as: line rental and whatever talk package i ordered with the broadband but there was no broadband listed on the services.

So I call customer support to ask why the broadband wasnt listed on that letter and they told me that it was separate and that I had to wait for my router to arrive. A month passes by with no sign of the router and eventually my first bill arrives with my call charges listed only, no sign of broadband.

So I call customer support again and they tell me that they cant change my broadband line over to eircom because vodafone are preventing them from doing it and that I had to cancel my vodafone broadband package and then call eircom and make the order AGAIN.

So I call Vodafone who tell me that they cant do that. This after eircom told me at the start that they would take care of everything. I dont know what to do now because it seems like my phone line is with eircome and my broadband is with vodafone which basically doubles my bill and I dont want to be on vodafone anymore. My contract was up with Vodafone so it shouldnt have been a problem but eircom support dont seem to know what they are doing.

Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Ok, apologies for the inflammatory thread title. I can see its being ignored. I just want a resolution to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

chupacabra wrote: »
    Im at my wits end with this now.

Switched from Vodafone to Eircom a month ago. Switched the phone line and the broadband. A letter arrives 2 weeks later welcoming me back to eircom and listing my services as: line rental and whatever talk package i ordered with the broadband but there was no broadband listed on the services.

So I call customer support to ask why the broadband wasnt listed on that letter and they told me that it was separate and that I had to wait for my router to arrive. A month passes by with no sign of the router and eventually my first bill arrives with my call charges listed only, no sign of broadband.

So I call customer support again and they tell me that they cant change my broadband line over to eircom because vodafone are preventing them from doing it and that I had to cancel my vodafone broadband package and then call eircom and make the order AGAIN.

So I call Vodafone who tell me that they cant do that. This after eircom told me at the start that they would take care of everything. I dont know what to do now because it seems like my phone line is with eircome and my broadband is with vodafone which basically doubles my bill and I dont want to be on vodafone anymore. My contract was up with Vodafone so it shouldnt have been a problem but eircom support dont seem to know what they are doing.

Please help.

Hi chupacabra,

Apologies for the delay. Don't worry, not being ignored, we have to try take each query in the order we received them. Also, don't worry about thread title, have had a lot worse! :)

I'll be happy to look into this for you. PM me the account number and I'll check the details of what happened so far. Should have an answer for you by tomorrow.

Thanks

James

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Contact comreg and you shouldn't be long getting sorted

Ok, apologies for the inflammatory thread title. I can see its being ignored. I just want a resolution to this.

Hi chupacabra,

I have checked this out and can confirm that the line returned to eircom 2 weeks ago on 1/5/12. There is a delay with the broadband order issuing obviously but I have found the problem. This is a 'shared' line between eircom and Vodafone. At the moment the telephone service is with eircom but the broadband is still on the Vodafone side. The order requires a technician to go to the exchange and switch the line to eircom. This is not the normal process so apologies for any delays so far.

I have sent a request to the eircom technicians to have this removed but you will also need to contact the other company to advise them on their end (we can't contact them directly for you). These normally take about 5 days max once the requests are received. Again, apologies for the delay but this is not something we can take over without permission of the other company but the request should be done shortly. Contact Voda and advise them that you are moving to eircom but 'line sharing' is preventing the order from fully completing and they should make their own request.

Get back to me here if you need any further information, and thanks for your patience up to this point.

James

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Hi chupacabra,

I have checked this out and can confirm that the line returned to eircom 2 weeks ago on 1/5/12. There is a delay with the broadband order issuing obviously but I have found the problem. This is a 'shared' line between eircom and Vodafone. At the moment the telephone service is with eircom but the broadband is still on the Vodafone side. The order requires a technician to go to the exchange and switch the line to eircom. This is not the normal process so apologies for any delays so far.

I have sent a request to the eircom technicians to have this removed but you will also need to contact the other company to advise them on their end (we can't contact them directly for you). These normally take about 5 days max once the requests are received. Again, apologies for the delay but this is not something we can take over without permission of the other company but the request should be done shortly. Contact Voda and advise them that you are moving to eircom but 'line sharing' is preventing the order from fully completing and they should make their own request.

Get back to me here if you need any further information, and thanks for your patience up to this point.

James

Can I just cancel the eircom line and go back to Vodafone?

• Advertisement

Can I just cancel the eircom line and go back to Vodafone?

Hi,

Cancelling the account now would be a possibility but since this has already entered into a contract for the phoneline it would need to go through the official process. This would involve calling customer service on 1901 and requesting to lodge an official complaint. This is to ensure there is a record of the problem and steps taken to fix it. You would need our complaints department to agree to write off any charges and you can then make a request to Vodafone to take the line back over.

Before taking it that far, I have gotten back details for the technician callout to the exchange after my email to them yesterday. There is now a pending order up on the account to remove the 'line sharing' and once this is done you will have service. It takes a max of 5 working days which means you should be back up and running by Tuesday at the latest. Again, apologies for the delay with setting you up, it is something that doesn't happen very ofter but the problem is we don't know line sharing is an issue until the order is placed.

If you would like to go ahead and cancel regardless, ensure you follow above process to be certain you are not hit with early cancellation fees. If you would like to let the order go through let me know and I'll PM you all the order info.

Regards

James

Hi again,

Just a quick follow up on this. I got an email this morning advising that the line sharing has now been removed and broadband should be active for you. Can you let me know if the service is up and running for you? And again, apologies for the delays.

Regards

James

Advertisement