Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True movies channel

Options
  • 14-05-2012 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭

What do people make of the true movie channel
    Anything good on it?

I got recently on UPC
    seems mostly "made for TV movies", mostly for womens
    shows about relationships adoptions and so on
    Few good shows for the lads like the "in the line of duty" series
    I also seen a Christopher Columbus mini series with Gabriel Byrne as the man
    that was pretty good

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Movies_1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Can't get the missus away from the bloody channel!! Personally I cannot stand all that horse tripe, but each to their own.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My mother watches it. Based on the snatches of audio that I've heard, the acting and dialogue is atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Yeah - it's a bit shíte alright. The films are scripted, acted and performed badly.

I recently got UPC - now I have 200 channels of ads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I've had it for a few years, never been able to sit threw an entire movie they've shown.

MGM, TCM or Film Four all much better channels for movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I think they bought the daytime tv movie content from America networks circa 1985 and rebroadcast it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

have that channel years and it's diabolical, the new Sony movie channel is pretty good although it's a bit like Film Four and tend to repeat most things over the course of a week or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

True Movies like other cheap themed film channels reckons it knows its audience and plays to it - not everything is poor but most of it will look/feel rather dated even stuff like Sybil.

Advertisement