Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breathing issues! Anxiety related?

Options
  • 14-05-2012 4:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi guys

Probably a bit of weird on here. Over the last few weeks ive noticed that ive a general shortness of breath. Sometimes when I go to take a deep breath I feel like im not able to go all the way and I don’t feel like ive taken a full deep breathe. Othertimes I can no problem. Now im a smoker for about 5 years now and fearing the worst. But im being told that maybe its anxiety. I have suffered from it a bit. Nothing too serious, just restlessness etc, some palpatations once in a while. Just a general uneasy feel. Doc listened to my lungs and said they sounded fine.

I also notice that the more I think about breathing deeply, the harder it comes to breathe. But if I distract myself, I don’t even notice it at all, and the reason im asking here as opposed to a chest xray, money!!! and the fact that I don’t seem to have a problem sleeping and breathing. Ive not yet woken up unable to take a deep breath. I think im also hurting the muscles in shoulders by attempting to breathe so deeply. Has this ever happened to anyone? Or am I just anxious and that’s whats causing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

we can't diagnose your problem online. speak to your doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement