Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutrition for the Hardman Triathlon

Options
  • 14-05-2012 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

So the organisers of the Hardman have announced the nutrition that is being supplied on the course this year. As this is my first Ironman distance I wanted to ask the more experienced about the choice of brand on offer. Before I go on, I am not in anyway knocking the brand of energy drink, bars or gels. I have never used them so I can not comment on them. I have only ever used Torq or High 5 gels while doing century rides on sportives so that is as far as my knowledge goes.

I plan to use Torq gels & Bars on the day as I can carry enough of them to get me through the day but however, it is the energy drink that I am wondering about. I know that I wont be able to carry enough premixed Torq energy drink and water on the bike so I am thinking about trying out the Maximuscle Viper Active drink that is the event offered drink in conjunction with the torq bars & gels.

Has anyone used the Maximuscle drink before and what is it like? I don't seem to have a problem with any of the aforementioned products that I have used so I can not foresee any issues. I want to start using whatever drink I am going to use now so I have at least 3 months of it in my training.

One last thing, I know the only way to find out how it goes is to buy it and see how it works for me in training but any feedback or comments on "Maximuscle Viper Active Energy Drink" from anyone who has used it in an endurance event before would be appreciated please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Just an update on the above. I have been using the Maxifuel products, energy drink and energy bars for the last month in conjuction with Torc gels and find no issues at all. They seem grand on the stomach.

I got the raspberry flavour drink which tastes fine although, I only use 2 scoops per 500ml of water instead of the recommended 3 scoops as I found the 3 scoops a little too sweet.

The Banana flavour energy bar is quite tasty and softish but not tacky like the Powerbar bars. One thing to note, I found the wrapper of the bar quite hard to open on the bike so I now cut the bars into small pieces and wrap each in tin foil, just makes it easier on the day.

These products seem fine to me folks from a taste and stomach point of view.

Advertisement