Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Broker

Options
  • 14-05-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

Typically how do mortgage brokers make money?
    Does anyone have a recommnedation for one in the Dublin area, if so could you PM them to me.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

either by charging you or by getting fees from the banks/insurance companies they recommend.

I personally have in the past had good experiences with Irish Mortgage Corporation. At the time they didn't charge me fees (not sure now though). They've helped over the years with mortgages and life assurance and I was happy with the out comes of both

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Thedublin

brinner wrote: »
    Hi,

Typically how do mortgage brokers make money?
    Does anyone have a recommnedation for one in the Dublin area, if so could you PM them to me.

Many thanks

Hi, We are at the end of the mortgage process, signed contracts today with solicitor, our broker has been great throughout and guided us through everything, he doesnt charge and gets paid by the bank.
    PM me and i can send you his details if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TBay

In the same position and have the same request - if anyone can recommend a good mortgage broker in Dublin, please pm me too!!

Thanks for your help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

TBay wrote: »
    In the same position and have the same request - if anyone can recommend a good mortgage broker in Dublin, please pm me too!!

Thanks for your help guys.

May I suggest you speak to a learned boardsie that goes by the name of killers1 - he can be found mostly in accommodation & property, knows his stuff and is extremely helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TBay

Huggles wrote: »
    May I suggest you speak to a learned boardsie that goes by the name of killers1 - he can be found mostly in accommodation & property, knows his stuff and is extremely helpful.

Legendary Huggles, will do. Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement