Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making a claim

• 14-05-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Gonna try to make it as short as possible,im eircom customer for the last 5 years,always paid my bill,never had big issues.but about 6 months ago started experiencing connection drops,and speed issues where speed would constantly drop 3-4 mbs below promised 8mb.

At first when they rolled out ngb plan 8mb and i got upgraded my line was fine with working speed of 7mbs,but few months back speeds were only 5-6mbs,while support tried convincing me its issues with my line and that it cant sustain that speed without disconnections or lost packages which i never experienced,until speeds got dropped and then disconnections would start,the last drop was when i noticed last night that the speed went bellow 2bms and probably was like that for the last 2 weeks or so.

i spoke with support couple times they would put up speed to 5-6 mb and eventually it would start to drop again.So at the minute i dont have a chance to change company and enter new contract with new provider as planing on moving soon houses,but would i be able to make a claim with small claims court about getting some-kind refund,as clearly im overpaying for service which company cant deliver but happily will keep me on 8mb plan while telling me my line cant support it :confused: as clearly it could when they put me on the right speed.Any opinions and advice is welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

NGB speed is up to 8Mbps, with no guarantee of what you actually get. The price of the package is the same though, no matter what speed you get. You have no grounds for a claim for refund.

The reasons for the disconnects could be many. You can see for yourself if your line is of low quality by checking the line stats on your modem. You want to see the Attenuation and SNR margin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

jor el wrote: »

The reasons for the disconnects could be many. You can see for yourself if your line is of low quality by checking the line stats on your modem. You want to see the Attenuation and SNR margin.
    i almost never experienced disconnections that it would disrupt me or make a hassle,its eircom who are claiming why they downgrade the speed for me.
    my line Line Attenuation 41/26 dB ,dont know is is bad or good telling the truth.but if read trough eircom support forum theres at least another 5 simmilar posts where people barely get 1.75 speed out of 8mb packages.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Moved-House-and-now-NGB-8mb-is-between-1-75mbps-and-2-75mbps/td-p/12783 one of the dozens of examples that broadband forum is full of,and every explanation or advise they give is its not their fault.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

scamalert wrote: »
    Gonna try to make it as short as possible,im eircom customer for the last 5 years,always paid my bill,never had big issues.but about 6 months ago started experiencing connection drops,and speed issues where speed would constantly drop 3-4 mbs below promised 8mb.At first when they rolled out ngb plan 8mb and i got upgraded my line was fine with working speed of 7mbs,but few months back speeds were only 5-6mbs,while support tried convincing me its issues with my line and that it cant sustain that speed without disconnections or lost packages which i never experienced,until speeds got dropped and then disconnections would start,the last drop was when i noticed last night that the speed went bellow 2bms and probably was like that for the last 2 weeks or so.i spoke with support couple times they would put up speed to 5-6 mb and eventually it would start to drop again.So at the minute i dont have a chance to change company and enter new contract with new provider as planing on moving soon houses,but would i be able to make a claim with small claims court about getting some-kind refund,as clearly im overpaying for service which company cant deliver but happily will keep me on 8mb plan while telling me my line cant support it :confused: as clearly it could when they put me on the right speed.Any opinions and advice is welcome.

If you want people to read your posts and make some suggestions could you please please make it possible to actually read your posts by putting in some punctuation and paragraphs?

Advertisement