Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angry

• 14-05-2012 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

I went out to the shop at lunch time to pick up some bits...on the way back I remember thinking how nice of a day it was and I was beginning to feel a bit clammy. And then I pass a taxi with a puppy inside, with all the windows up.

I went into the nearby shops and banks to see if the owner was around (cause they were illegally parked). People were passing by and if they looked at the dog they were smiling at how cute it was. He was panting away and beginning to look a bit agitated. I stayed by the car for about 20 minutes, 1 to make sure the dog didn't pass out, in which case I would have broke a window. And 2 to take my anger out on the driver when he came back.

Well you can guess what happened when he eventually returned.

"is this your car?" I asked.
    "yeah why".
    "would you not think about leaving a window open next time you're going to abandon your dog in a car"
    "fcuk off - its none of your business, and if you had've looked carefully you'll see there was a window open"

The first thing I did, before I started waiting , was check all the windows. They were not open. Have you ever encountered anything like this on you travels and what did you do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Attitude explains a lot, he would of been genuinely concerned if it was a oversight on his part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I went out to the shop at lunch time to pick up some bits...on the way back I remember thinking how nice of a day it was and I was beginning to feel a bit clammy. And then I pass a taxi with a puppy inside, with all the windows up.

I went into the nearby shops and banks to see if the owner was around (cause they were illegally parked). People were passing by and if they looked at the dog they were smiling at how cute it was. He was panting away and beginning to look a bit agitated. I stayed by the car for about 20 minutes, 1 to make sure the dog didn't pass out, in which case I would have broke a window. And 2 to take my anger out on the driver when he came back.

Well you can guess what happened when he eventually returned.

"is this your car?" I asked.
    "yeah why".
    "would you not think about leaving a window open next time you're going to abandon your dog in a car"
    "fcuk off - its none of your business, and if you had've looked carefully you'll see there was a window open"

The first thing I did, before I started waiting , was check all the windows. They were not open. Have you ever encountered anything like this on you travels and what did you do?
    What an idiot, I cannot believe the mentality of some people. I've never witnessed anything like this but I would do the same. I would probably have called DSPCA or something in the meantime (or maybe not if I wasn't thinking straight) Fair play to you, and you'll always get that ignorant reaction. It's a common defence mechanism of those who know they are in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

You were looking for a fight and you got one, well done you. I would have told you where to go if you approached me like that too.

You could have spoke to him in a non confrontational way which could have worked out much better, it could have been an oversight or he might not have even known he should leave one open

Half an hour on a day like today will do no one any harm tho in fainess, its 11 degres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

I work in a converted attic in Dublin. Its really hot here today, had to open all the doors and windows....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You were looking for a fight and you got one, well done you. I would have told you where to go if you approached me like that too.

You could have spoke to him in a non confrontational way which could have worked out much better, it could have been an oversight or he might not have even known he should leave one open

Half an hour on a day like today will do no one any harm tho in fainess, its 11 degres.

How do you know it was a half hour? I was there 45 minutes and I have no idea how long he was there already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Your original post said you were there 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

20 minutes by the car and then I went into the bank 2 banks that were nearby.

"when he eventually returned.." which was about another 20-25 minutes later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭musicinyou

what kind of nonsense of an answer is that? OP we clearly have an expert here that can tell you how hot it was in the car, that or he seems to think its ok! lots of damage can be done weather its major hot or not!! theres no air geting in or out of the car, then theres anxiety!

OP the world could do with more people like you! fair play to you : )

Advertisement