Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debs woman question????

• 14-05-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Going to my debs with a girl that I know reasonably well (prob talk to her monthly)..and I'm pretty sure I do like her.. Wondering if the debs would be a chance to make a first move.. Just a shift maybe..or is it a bit of a 'mad' event for that kinda thing?

P.S I won't see her for a while at the moment though with the LC and holidays carry on..do I need to meet up with her before hand???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I thought courting could only begin after the debutante ball. *pops monocle*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

yes just dont get ****faced early and start talking ****e to her all night ,
    believe it or not most ladies dont like that.

Coming up to the event keep in contact and an active interest in her prep , this is easy as you can say you need to know her dress colour etc to pick your suit.
    If you really like the girl and get on with her maybe you could suggest she comes to town with you to pick out suit ? Sure you can always grab a bite to eat etc afterwards putting things on a nice footing for the night itself.

This said dont fall into the friendzone, if ocassion arises a flirtly comment could hint to your interest in her without making you look a fool if she isnt interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

After Hours is full of sound advice, good choice posting here! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'm pretty sure that by agreeing to go to the debs with you, she is now legally obliged to perform any sexual act at any given time throughout that entire evening.

If she refuses, she will get jail time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Going to my debs with a girl that I know reasonably well (prob talk to her monthly)..and I'm pretty sure I do like her..

What time of the month do you talk to her? Might have a bearing on proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

No defo not at the Debs. Ask her out on a proper date first, be charming, interesting and a good listener. Pay for everything and pick her up and leave her home. Then on the 3rd date make a move as you walk her to her door

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Don't mind the shift! If I were you i'd be hitting down to boots and buying a large box of condoms... i mean it is the debs we are talking about here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

Its the debs, theres rohypnol in the air for christ sakes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

By Debs I assume you mean Debenhams right?

If so there isn't a more romantic place. Go for it. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Its the Debs....If she asked then you should send a handwritten RSVP and then enclose a copy of the "relationship agreement".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44yU7E9g5Xk

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Younganddumb

yes just dont get ****faced early and start talking ****e to her all night ,
    believe it or not most ladies dont like that.

Coming up to the event keep in contact and an active interest in her prep , this is easy as you can say you need to know her dress colour etc to pick your suit.
    If you really like the girl and get on with her maybe you could suggest she comes to town with you to pick out suit ? Sure you can always grab a bite to eat etc afterwards putting things on a nice footing for the night itself.

This said dont fall into the friendzone, if ocassion arises a flirtly comment could hint to your interest in her without making you look a fool if she isnt interested.
    Very sound advice..makes it look eas when it's all written down like that..Small prob is that she's going inter railing for abt 6 wks leading up to the debs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

grizzly wrote: »
    I thought courting could only begin after the debutante ball. *pops monocle*
    Grizzly went a courtin' and he did ride um hum oh yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Get pissed and lob it into her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Wash your finger. You'll need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

smash wrote: »
    Get pissed and lob it into her!

or lob it into her and then get pissed. works better that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Its a business arrangement. Show up sober(ish)...spend an hour with her pretending to listen to each other then get off with each others BF's.

You'll laugh about this in years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I remember my debs.
    Another guy scored the girl i brought.
    Presumably, this meant i'd get to score the girl he brought.
    But he scored her too later and i scored nobody.
    Good times...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Going inter railing for 6 weeks?! I'd start thinking about a plan B TBH. Out of sight out of mind and all that. Or you could try a few dates before she goes and keep in touch while she's gone and hopefully you can pick up where you left off!

Going inter railing for 6 weeks?! I'd start thinking about a plan B TBH. Out of sight out of mind and all that. Or you could try a few dates before she goes and keep in touch while she's gone and hopefully you can pick up where you left off!
    That's what I'm thinking..the aul leavin is a bitch though and she's mad for the books at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭omgitsthelazor

Just an FYI, most girls want and expect some kind of advance on debs night. If not from the guy they brought then from somebody else, its part of the experience.

Just an FYI, most girls want and expect some kind of advance on debs night. If not from the guy they brought then from somebody else, its part of the experience.
    I'm more than willing to oblige..don't want to look like a fool though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

That's what I'm thinking..the aul leavin is a bitch though and she's mad for the books at the moment.

In a few weeks on them trains she'll be mad for the cock so you would want to get moving ASAP!! Tell her your having a bit of difficulty with your studying and could she give you a hand?? Make sure it's something you know she's really good at though :)

Very sound advice..makes it look eas when it's all written down like that..Small prob is that she's going inter railing for abt 6 wks leading up to the debs
    How long before the debs is she back, well are there any other female friends you could bring as a plan B as a friend doing ya a favour if it doesnt work out. Obviously dont tell them they are plan B or anything.

How long before the debs is she back, well are there any other female friends you could bring as a plan B as a friend doing ya a favour if it doesnt work out. Obviously dont tell them they are plan B or anything.
    She's back abt 3weeks... It's plenty long really...I wouldnt bother trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel for a girl I didn't really want to bring...it's not worth the hassle if you don't REALLY want to bring them.

She's back abt 3weeks... It's plenty long really...I wouldnt bother trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel for a girl I didn't really want to bring...it's not worth the hassle if you don't REALLY want to bring them.
    3 weeks is loads leave her enjoy her interrailing, and check in with her a day or two after shes back, just try and confirm with her that shes up for it before she goes and tell her have a great time interrailing and you will give her a shout when shes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

It's the perfect change to test the waters not make a move!
    You can tell her she looks beautiful, put your arm around her, put on her corsage and see how she reacts, after the dinner if she goes off with friends let her just have fun and dont push it if she sticks with you and sits close it might be worth going for it but if she sits at the other end of the bench/bus seat seems to be distracted ah maybe don't be building your hopes up.

saa wrote: »
    It's the perfect change to test the waters not make a move!
    You can tell her she looks beautiful, put your arm around her, put on her corsage and see how she reacts, after the dinner if she goes off with friends let her just have fun and dont push it if she sticks with you and sits close it might be worth going for it but if she sits at the other end of the bench/bus seat seems to be distracted ah maybe don't be building your hopes up.
    a few pints will make everything a lot clearer on the night!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

have about 12 cans of Linden Village, that always helps..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

OP, stock up on this....

Advertisement