Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do you get Bright Hair Dyes

• 14-05-2012 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I want to dip dye my hair for the summer but haven't a clue.
    1. Where can I get a purple or blue Hair dye that I can use at home, and will last a month or so?
    2. Does anyone know how much it costs to get this done in a salon in Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I'm not exactly sure of which salon would do it, but when I used to dye my hair bright colours, like pink or blue etc I would use Stargazer hairdye.

It's the only one that I can think of right now, you can see the colours they have in Georges Arcade, right in the center of the arcade there's a shop that does them at the till, they sell hats, tights and bags.

Asha in Stephen's Green shopping centre stock it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Not sure about hairdressers but when I had blue hair I used to pick up the dyes in Terrisales on Abbey St, in Georges St arcade or in emo-y shops in general. In my experience blue/green/red/pink dyes etc don't last a month, they'll get very faded after a couple of weeks and you'll need to top up the colour pretty regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Superdrug do some. Any of the salon suppliers: terri sales, sally's, savers etc all do them. As far as what salon, I'd say most, however you may need to either ring ahead for them to get your dye in or bring your own. I used to get highlights then get the highlights dyed purple, but I don't anymore, and I've this if you want it - picked it up in Superdrug, opened the box to read the instructions but other than that it's brand new & you can have it if you'd like it:http://www.smartbeautyshop.com/hair/hair-colour/colour-highlights/476-smart-highlights-pure-purple-hair-colouring.html
    - you'd just have to collect it from Dundrum ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Hey!

I dip dye my hair at home as Dublin hairdressers offer ridiculous prices. I asked around and got quotes ranging from 100-140 Euros. But I have dark brown hair which needs heavy bleaching before dip dying. So if you have lighter hair, your bleaching costs may be lower.

I get my dyes from Terrisales at Abbet St. I only tried Cyclamen and Pinkissimo from Crazy Colour. But they have a good range of colours and brands. It is said above but these colours such as pinks, blues, etc. are semi-permanent dyes. So they wash off in a few weeks (I top up the colour every 2 weeks). And bleaching is a real pain. I got my bleach from Amazon, but I think they sell bleach (both the peroxide and the powder) at Boots as well. You only have to do it once though. After the first time, you only top up the colour.

Advertisement