Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If they rent your house? How much.

Options
  • 14-05-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi

I had a debate with friends earlier at work and what we were talking about is, what if the Co.Council had to rent your house from you, how much would you get, taking the size in to consideration. Lets say a normal 3-4 bedroom estate house.
    Anybody know anything. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

whitebeard wrote: »
    Hi

I had a debate with friends earlier at work and what we were talking about is, what if the Co.Council had to rent your house from you, how much would you get, taking the size in to consideration. Lets say a normal 3-4 bedroom estate house.
    Anybody know anything. :confused:

Try looking up www.daft.ie rentals section?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

There are a couple of different schemes - i'm not 100% sure of the details but here goes...
    1) The council agree to lease the house for a set number of years and they put tenants into the house. The council are responsible for the upkeep, repairs etc. on the house and undertake to return it to the owner at the end of the lease in the same condition as they got it. The rent will be below the current market value as the owner is guaranteed rent for such a long period of time.
    2) The other scheme is the RAS Scheme - if the house is rented to a tenant who is in receipt of rent allowance for a number of months (not sure how long) the landlord can apply to join the RAS scheme - the council will pay the rent directly to the owner, again at below market value, the tenant pays rent to the council in the same way as if they were living in a council house.

Google RAS Scheme should give you the full facts.

Advertisement