Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't buy XBL Gold with Paypal

Options
  • 14-05-2012 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

I want to avail of the 2 euro for 2 months of Xbox Live deal which is on the dashboard. I try to pay through paypal but when I add my account it says, "Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE.
    Please try again later.
    Status Code: 8382025C"

So I tried to pay with paypal through Xbox.com and it says I need to use a credit card :mad:
    I have enough money in my paypal balance.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Do not buy any member ships with your CC through MS directly. They won't delete your details unless you ring them up and jump through hoops and keep charging you once your sub is up. Even with this deal you can get better else where.

You can get a year sub or 13 month for €40 or so in the links on this site and use paypal. MS don't accept paypal.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Do not buy any member ships with your CC through MS directly. They won't delete your details unless you ring them up and jump through hoops and keep charging you once your sub is up.

This is nonsense. You call them, they cancel, remove your CC and give you prepaid codes in lieu of the sub you paid for. You can cancel your renewal yourself on Xbox.com and then remove the card when your gold runs out.

I googled your code and it seems to be specific to purchasing through Paypal and most people are trying to buy that specific offer. Everyone with this issue seems to not have a CC linked to their Paypal account and transfers funds from their bank account.

It seems that if you have no CC, you may have problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

MS don't accept paypal.

Eh? I only 2 weeks ago renewed my Xbox live for 3 months via the Xbox dashboard with.....wait for it....PayPal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

I ended up buying a 12 month online with paypal anyway. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Eh? I only 2 weeks ago renewed my Xbox live for 3 months via the Xbox dashboard with.....wait for it....PayPal.
    Yep they do indeed, no idea where he is getting his info from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I had the same issue a couple months agho when that offer appeared for me. Conveniently (for xbox) when the offer changed after a few days to 3 months for 7.99 it then let me purchase :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I paid with my card through the console. Once its paid, log into xbox.com and remove your card. Simples.

That isn't possible. You cannot remove a cc until there is no gold on the account. Has to be canceled to be removed, unless you used a prepaid code to get gold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Smithey88

Something odd happened to me last year with xbox live.

I paid for 3 months gold via a 3v card last year. Was one of those offer things you always see when you sign into LIVE. Eg, 3 months for 8 euro or what ever it was.

Anyways, 3 months run up. I would often get a pop up message saying "we couldnt process your payment" blah blah blah as there was no money left on the 3v card. This went on for another 2-3 months. Still getting xbox live gold :pac: ... eventually my profile got banned. Guess they finally copped on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Smithey88 wrote: »
    Something odd happened to me last year with xbox live.

I paid for 3 months gold via a 3v card last year. Was one of those offer things you always see when you sign into LIVE. Eg, 3 months for 8 euro or what ever it was.

Anyways, 3 months run up. I would often get a pop up message saying "we couldnt process your payment" blah blah blah as there was no money left on the 3v card. This went on for another 2-3 months. Still getting xbox live gold :pac: ... eventually my profile got banned. Guess they finally copped on.
    Your account is not banned it's suspended due to non - payment. It's not a wierd thing to happen there is a certain grace period to allow you to pay for the sub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That isn't possible. You cannot remove a cc until there is no gold on the account. Has to be canceled to be removed, unless you used a prepaid code to get gold.

You're talking ****e, sorry. This functionality has been available on the Xbox Live website for some time now.

Achilles wrote: »
    You're talking ****e, sorry. This functionality has been available on the Xbox Live website for some time now.

You cannot remove your CC with an active subscription. A sub that is bought with a CC is set to automatically renew. They have to have something to bill for the future renewal. Even if you turn off AR, the CC cannot be removed until it is fully downgraded to a free membership. Only when you are a free member, or an a prepaid card subscription, can you remove your CC.

I am not talking ****e. This is a fact. I accept your apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Its true! you cant remove your card till the subscription expires, auto renewal or not

Advertisement