Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ 527 mounts

Options
  • 14-05-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i'm wondering will the cz mounts that come with the american model be high enough to mount a 4-12x50 mm scope, the objective is 56mm in diameter, if they are too low what height warnes would i need or what other 16mm mounts are there for a 1" scope, i dont like the millet as they are windage adjustable which is just another thing to go wrong and i'm not over gone on the look of the rails on them either as they look chunky, so what options do i have
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Should have also said the mounts that go on a standard tikka t3 without a rail will suit the cz as they are both 16mm dovetails so all you tikka fans can help me out also

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

The High Warne mounts are 13.6mm (from base to bottom of the ring) and allow an objective of 57mm with a 1mm clearence of the barrel - but if your occular end is over 40mm your going to need to have the bolt handle scalloped for clearence.

if your going the optilock route, bases & low rings worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

My occular end is 38-39mm, just measured it there now with a ruler, not the most accurate but def less than 40mm, the rifle comes with two bolt handles, one being a tactical model, so maybe that one might not give enough clearance

ormondprop apologies.......40mm was from memory, my little red book has just corrected me 43mm or lower ocular will clear with High Warne's for the standard bolt,
    I can't imagine the tactical being much different and the extra length should let the handle clear the bell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement