Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGDE-Biology & Junior Cert Science

Options
  • 14-05-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,I'm considering taking up any offer for a Postgraduate Diploma in Education for Secondary School teaching this September in Maynooth. Financially I cant really afford it.I would have to take out a very large loan which I dread the thought of,however looking at the big picture I would think It would be worth it hopefully.

My question is this:

My subjects that I would be qualified to teach are Junior Certificate Science & Biology.Has anyone just had these subjects and how did they get on job wise following the hdip,are you working?My big fear is that I will spend thousands doing this course and then not be able to find a job.I looked up educationposts.ie and there is currently only 8 secondary schools jobs going in ALL counties.One was Science Biology & maths.I will not be qualified to teach maths.Just wondering am I restricted because of this?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated,Thanks

Advertisement