Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking at Seefin

Options
  • 14-05-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

I want to go hiking in Seefin and in light of what I have read here I am concerned about where I could safely park my car. any tips anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

By far the safest would be to park in the Kippure Estate car park, about 500m in from the entrance at Kippure Bridge. They don't mind, but they appreciate it if you just pop your head in the door and say hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Road Bandit

Kippure Estate charge for parking, its €5 per day. I don't mind this as there is some security there. I sometimes park at the T Junction near Kilbride camp or at the Athdown forrest entrance, the car park is closed most of the time, but a couple of cars will fit on the roadside there. But you take your chances, where ever you park leave nothing at all in your car!:mad:

I've never heard of them charging before, is this a recent thing? Last time we were there, they said we were welcome to park there for free, but asked that we pop our heads round the door of the stone building by the car park to let them know we were there, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Road Bandit

They started this year and are only starting to implement it, not sure how they enforce it. but there are signs there now.:rolleyes:

They started this year and are only starting to implement it, not sure how they enforce it. but there are signs there now.:rolleyes:
    No problem, I don't begrudge them the income, and if it means I come back to an intact car then all the better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement