Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What historical event would you change and how?

• 14-05-2012 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

So if you could change one historical event/moment what would it be and how would you pull it off without getting caught?

I would alert the cops to the sniper on top of the book depository building about to take down JFK then walk quietly away back to 2012.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

So if you could change one historical event/moment what would it be and how would you pull it off without getting caught?

I would alert the cops to the sniper on top of the book depository building about to take down JFK then walk quietly away back to 2012.
    How would that have stopped the ****er in the grassy knoll from shooting JFK?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Sent Bertie Ahern on an trade mission to New York on September 11th 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

I would go back to three days ago and start this thread. I just did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Id go back and uninvent the transparent oven dish..dangerous things :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'd go back with a warning about the titanic crashing, and bring evidence. No crappy movie, yay! Oh, and a bunch of people wouldn't die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I'd have turned up sober for the leaving cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Would have persuaded Mars to keep the name 'Marathon bar' .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I would have persuaded Mark Chapman to take at least a couple of shots at Yoko.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'd prevent the plantation of Ulster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I would have bought shares in Apple

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'd have gone back and shagged Cleopatra

How would that affect history?
    I don't give a ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Dinosaur Hitler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Save the great library of Alexandria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I would've alerted the cops about Jack Ruby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Probably should choose some horrific event that could save suffering or death, but i'd choose Henry's handball.

I'd change the "treaty of Versailles", less draconian measures against Germany could have prevented Hitler (or any other extremest) from taking power.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I would have stopped Diarmud McMurrough from inviting strongbow over here. Imagine all the lives and hassle it would have saved. The traitorous ba$tard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

He wasn't on top of the building.

Also, what do you think would have changed as a result of your actions? Any clue about JFK's politics and how the world today would have been different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

newmug wrote: »
    I would have stopped Diarmud McMurrough from inviting strongbow over here. Imagine all the lives and hassle it would have saved. The traitorous ba$tard.

Of course it was a Leinster man who sold us out

You wouldn't have seen Brian Boru do that, good solid Munster man :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Go back in time. Lend Aristotle 10 euro. Tell him to put it in a savings account.

Fast forward to modern day.

Greek bailout sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Go back in time. Lend Aristotle 10 euro. Tell him to put it in a savings account.

Fast forward to modern day.

Greek bailout sorted.

But surely €10 would be ten euro? Don't you mean go back in time with a cash or barter equivalent of €10 and ask him to save that up and as inflation takes hold on it would suffice to bail the Greeks out today?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'd go back to the big bang on a mission to stop it. Save countless needless deaths it would.

Advertisement