Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running questions.

Options
  • 14-05-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I taught I'd get answers here, mods can move if necessary.
    I've been running for 3/4 months now at first I was going out 3 or 4 night's a week but doing relatively short distances now I only go out 2 nights a week but I've pushed my usual route up to 5.5km recently, as of the last couple of weeks I've been trying to push that distance a bit but I'm beginning to have trouble with my knees and one more than the other. The pain or even discomfort doesn't affect me at all during the run but as soon as I cool down I can feel it in the front of the knee cap and it soothe quite quickly with an ice pack even though I'll know it's not 100% for the rest of the week until I go for a run again which as I've said it doesn't affect me at all.
    Can anybody here tell me what I am doing wrong if anything or a way I can ease this problem? The last thing I would like to do is seriously damage my knee,
    Thanks.

Advertisement