Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really Need Help on Practising Exam Papers

Options
  • 14-05-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello all I am looking for some help on doing exam papers, I really want to crack down on them now considering the LC is just around the corner! Well this is my plan basically, during the first half of the day I will just study from my notes/book and try learn topics off by heart. Then from around 5:00 to 11:00 I will do actual exam papers.

Here are the results I want:
    OL Irish: C3
    OL Physics: C3
    LCVP: Merit
    HL English: C1
    OL Maths: A2
    HL Business: B1
    HL Biology: C2
    HL Spanish: C1

Total Points: 385 or above if I can get a better grade in Business!

I havent been working too hard all year but thats in the past and its the work I do from now on in that will count so no point thinking about the past! I have two options at the moment that I am thinking of doing and I would like yer input on which ye think would be more affective. Im excluding Physics and Irish from this as I just want to pass them. (By the way the plan is for the five days during the week and I will give the exam papers a rest at the weekend)
    Here they are:

Option 1
    Do 2 full exam papers from 5 to 11 and change subjects each day. Doing this method I would get about 2 years done on every subject nearly every week totaling up to 6 years done before the LC. Downside of this is Im not doing every subject every day to keep it fresh/repeating which might help.

Option 2
    Do from 5 to 11 again except do 1.5 hrs of Business and Maths (The subjects I want to get the highest results in) Then do 1 hr of my remaining 3 subjects. This way I will get around 3 exam papers done a week in Business and Maths and 2 exam papers a week of the other subjects done. Upside to this is Im practising every subject everyday so Im keeping it fresh hopefully.

Thanks for reading this post guys and hopefully you understand or get the gist of what Im trying to say/do. Im just im not fully sure which to pick and would like other peoples thoughts! :) Please dont hate or say I cant do it or its to late or stuff like that because I simply wont listen! :P

Good Luck to all in the LC this year I would like to add! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Print off the marking schemes for each past paper. I cannot overstate how important that is. The marking schemes are simply the answers to the questions on each paper. Exams like Biology and Physics consist of the same questions repeating themselves on an endless cycle. Do as many questions as you can, correct them with your marking schemes and keep doing them over and over until the right answer becomes second nature to you. It worked out great for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you are at all dodgy on the actual material you have to learn, I would tackle that before going for exam papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

Print off the marking schemes for each past paper. I cannot overstate how important that is. The marking schemes are simply the answers to the questions on each paper. Exams like Biology and Physics consist of the same questions repeating themselves on an endless cycle. Do as many questions as you can, correct them with your marking schemes and keep doing them over and over until the right answer becomes second nature to you. It worked out great for me.

Thanks for the advice, yeah I have them all on my computer but I just got to print them out, need to get ink for the printer first! :o Yeah im gonna try and practise as much as I can from now until June!

Advertisement